It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some punishments of hell on earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Lately i am getting a glimpse of things and it seems to me that past lives are real. We are souls that possess a vessel and past life determines punishment and reward in your current life. There is a lake of fire and their will be gnashing of teeth and everlasting thirst for some. GOD is loving and forgiving. If you died and were faced with a choice to receive punishment on earth or in the lake of fire what would you choose and could you understand that some bad things have to happen in your life in order for you to be here.

Think of being a spirit able to go around humans unseen but able to communicate with them on matters of getting back into the flesh. You would have to find a couple to birth you and raise you. What if you just had a short term punishment you needed to go through before you were given a great life later on so you had say a 14 yr. term to carry out and the life after that would be one that helps many. Just think of the sacrifice that the parents you found would have to go through when they lost you and never knowing that it all serves to spiritually grow everyone involved through the suffering. Sounds like hell on earth to me.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I feel like i'm being punished in this life for what I did in my previous. I think in my past life I was popular and had alot of friends but I took advantage of it. And I was punished in this life by having no friends or social status whatsoever

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You call it hell, I call it school. Its just a lesson.

The better you are able to focus on the positive aspects (which there are ALWAYS positive aspects in absolutely every situation) of this 'reality' the better it will be.

We are simply in a place, moving to a higher place, and going through the process of moving upwards...
edit on 6-5-2013 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

We can entertain the idea. Many cultures celebrate death. In the grand scheme of things, we are still living, breathing, bleeding, dying. I cant see what death will bring me because Its not my time. i just leave the serious questions in good faith. This certainly isnt an excuse as to why suffering has to still persist on Earth. We are all accountable and no theory will set you free from suffering. We all can use the passion.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson

The better you are able to focus on the positive aspects (which there are ALWAYS positive aspects in absolutely every situation) of this 'reality' the better it will be.

We are simply in a place, moving to a higher place, and going through the process of moving upwards...

I agree completely with this post. I, personally, do not believe in a "hell" nor a "heaven". Life here on Earth is a learning experience. If one's soul is not ready to become eternal and take it's place within the cosmos, it will come back until it is ready to ascend. On the other hand, I suppose you could say that we "live hell" here on Earth, in a way that we are tested, brutally. And we fail, or we pass. I have failed a lot but I have come to realize in my life that the more I focus on the positive, and as long as I don't get scared and give up, good things follow me.

Life is energy, that is all it is. Positive energy will bring positive things to you, and vice verse. I truly think that we make our own heaven, and our own hell. It is simply a matter or perspective, attitude, and resilience.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If this is just a school then upon graduation we will have a vessel that is more spiritual than physical. We are all spirits and have been for a long time and have been going through class by being human. soon we will be both. In order for that to happen the graduates will be set aside while the teaching tools are removed.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
At the end of this journey you will have a "Saved by the Bell" flashback, complete with lessons you should have learned.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In my honest opinion, they've made Hell so Relative that you could be in it and not even know it, or standing on one side of the room while Hell was on the other, since insects are dying somewhere around us without us seeing.

It's seeming more like a scare tactic attached to the reality of living more than anything. Like attaching the fear of the unknown of the Dark with the Boogie man to scare some one. Same with a movie, you could really look at it as a means to keep someone in line without having to keep an eye on them always. It's how parents handle kids some times.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by qualm91

Originally posted by chadderson

I agree completely with this post. I, personally, do not believe in a "hell" nor a "heaven". Life here on Earth is a learning experience. If one's soul is not ready to become eternal and take it's place within the cosmos, it will come back until it is ready to ascend. On the other hand, I suppose you could say that we "live hell" here on Earth, in a way that we are tested, brutally. And we fail, or we pass. I have failed a lot but I have come to realize in my life that the more I focus on the positive, and as long as I don't get scared and give up, good things follow me.

Life is energy, that is all it is. Positive energy will bring positive things to you, and vice verse. I truly think that we make our own heaven, and our own hell. It is simply a matter or perspective, attitude, and resilience.

There are some spirits that have been allowed to come to earth to learn and will move on after the big show. The main rule they were given is to not go against GOD's plan. Some of them have done that anyways. Just look at india where the tallest house in the world sits in the middle of one of the poorest slums in the world. That will soon be stopped.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't pretend to know anything on this subject. It is just simple beliefs. But I did read a book once that made a whole lot of sense to me. It was called The Key by Whitley Streiber. Whitley Streiber, I think, is kind of a crack-pot, but this particular book hit home for me. He describes an "angel", or "alien", or "eternal being", whatever you want to call it, coming to him and sharing his secrets of the universe and the human soul, ascension, heaven and hell, ect. This being says to him that we are sent to this Earth for a learning experience, we were made to know true ascension, enlightenment. He said that once a human soul reaches enlightenment, he will be complete. His soul will go into the universe and become one with it once again. Simply energy. However, if a soul, in it's lifetime as a single human being, does not reach enlightenment, it will basically be recycled. It will be sent back until it reaches it's goal.

This book did make me question, though, I wonder if all souls in the entire world were made simply once, and have been being recycled over, and over, and over again. Or if new souls are being made and sent to Earth? It's a question to think about.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
At the end of this journey you will have a "Saved by the Bell" flashback, complete with lessons you should have learned.

It seems like i have heard that before. Just can't remember it clearly.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by qualm91

I don't pretend to know anything on this subject. It is just simple beliefs. But I did read a book once that made a whole lot of sense to me. It was called The Key by Whitley Streiber. Whitley Streiber, I think, is kind of a crack-pot, but this particular book hit home for me. He describes an "angel", or "alien", or "eternal being", whatever you want to call it, coming to him and sharing his secrets of the universe and the human soul, ascension, heaven and hell, ect. This being says to him that we are sent to this Earth for a learning experience, we were made to know true ascension, enlightenment. He said that once a human soul reaches enlightenment, he will be complete. His soul will go into the universe and become one with it once again. Simply energy. However, if a soul, in it's lifetime as a single human being, does not reach enlightenment, it will basically be recycled. It will be sent back until it reaches it's goal.

This book did make me question, though, I wonder if all souls in the entire world were made simply once, and have been being recycled over, and over, and over again. Or if new souls are being made and sent to Earth? It's a question to think about.

You found that book because you needed to and you planned that during your time before you were born when choosing and finding your path. The thing is that most here are from earth and will stay and the ones that go to their home somewhere else will be special in that they will shine a little differently.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Once again, this is what Laz sez on the subject of "Hell":

Hell is a big 404 - not found.

There are four main props of Hell, and I will knock them down in succession:

Prop One
Without the concept of the Immortality of the soul, Hell gets a bit shaky. It's very simple, if we look at the story of the creation of man by God. We all know it - God took some dirt, made a body, breathed into the body the Breath of Life, and man became a living soul. To simplify:

dead body + breath of life = living soul

Now, let's reverse it:

living soul - breath of life = dead body

Perfect logic - start with the living person (soul) and kill it, so that the breath of life returns to God who gave it, and what do you have left? A dead body! So that means that when you're dead, you're dead. There is no immortal soul to go to Hell, Hades, or the Inferno. The spirit cannot go there either, because it has returned to God who gave it. Is God going to send His own Spirit to Hell? God forbid! There remains, if you examine all this closely, nothing to send to Hell. The same Bible which the Eternal Torture (ET) crowd likes to quote about Hell, says that "the soul that sinneth shall die." Nothing said about being sent to Hell too. If we jump forward from Genesis to the Revelation, we see that Death and Hell are both thrown into the Lake of Fire. Now, I ask you, if such a thing has happened, how can Hell still exist (if it ever existed), and how can the dead be in Hell if Death has been destroyed? Let's move on.

Prop Two
"Hell" as we have come to understand it, has come down to us, like the Greek concept of the Immortality of the Soul, from pagan sources. I don't want to elaborate too much on the Scandinavian "Hel," the Greek "Hades," or the Latin "Inferno," but you can Wiki that for yourself if you are not familiar with the mythology. This is how "Hell," or "the grave," became Hell, the place of eternal torment. Check any good dictionary, especially the Oxford, for information on Hell. "Hell" is also a verb, meaning "to bury," reinforcing the "grave" usage. Even the Buddhist concept of Hell is very close to the ET version, the main difference being in the artistic style of the representation. Two props down, it won't take much more.

Prop Three
This one is very simple - in almost every instance of the usage of "Hell" or "Hades" in the Holy Bible, a better rendering would (and should) be "the grave." A couple of hours with a Strong's or Young's Concordance should clear up this chestnut for you. Did you ever think about the way the proper name of God, YHWH, has been rendered as "LORD"? At the same time, the names of all and sundry pagan gods were improperly rendered properly, when the God who said not to even speak their names gets short shrift. This happens because the (mis)translators had/have an agenda, and "Hell" is no different. One prop left.

Prop Four
If you care to dig into it, you will find that apart from what I have already mentioned, a misunderstanding of body, spirit, and soul; pagan concepts and mistranslations, all the evidence for "Hell" is based on fiction. Yes, from Dante Aligheri to John Milton to Mary Baxter's “A Divine Revelation of Hell,” everything we have to support the concept of Hell is fiction. Every last account is unverifiable, from epic poem to story, to sermon, to EweToob video. Fiction - Legend - Myth - lies.

Heaven, yes!

Hell, no.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Did you read the op? Maybe read it again and try to see if any thing in it can be applied to events in your life. I think you can pick up the trail.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Did you read the op? Maybe read it again and try to see if any thing in it can be applied to events in your life. I think you can pick up the trail.

Yeah, I understand about life and lessons, but they are NOT Hell. I think it's deceptive to use the Hell concept to describe our life in the here-and-now. Did you read my post?

Edit: BTW, you're getting to areas such as karma and reincarnation/reincarceration which are entirely non-Biblical.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

If you died and were faced with a choice to receive punishment on earth or in the lake of fire what would you choose and could you understand that some bad things have to happen in your life in order for you to be here.

Would I want to be a ghost or burn forever...I'll take being a ghost. Thank god that will never happen though because there is no such thing as Hell. When we die we live again in the next parallel universe, you get to start out fresh and it happens over and over forever.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I read your post and you have compiled many different aspects of the subject in a manner in which they all rest on each other while they grasp for truth confusing the reader and steering them to a non biblical answer.

It seems that most of your argument is based on a lack of faith that the holy spirit was not with the ones that translated the bible. The words in the bible are there for a reason and that is to lay two paths for us to find the proper gate. One gate is narrow and one is wide.

There is a big difference in being non biblical and twisting the bible.
edit on 6-5-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

yah... this thread!!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

If you died and were faced with a choice to receive punishment on earth or in the lake of fire what would you choose and could you understand that some bad things have to happen in your life in order for you to be here.

Would I want to be a ghost or burn forever...I'll take being a ghost. Thank god that will never happen though because there is no such thing as Hell. When we die we live again in the next parallel universe, you get to start out fresh and it happens over and over forever.

Say there is a scale that your life is measured by and in a lifetime you scored low enough to receive a lifetime in the lake of fire but GOD intervened and gave you the choice to e a slave instead. Could you make the choice or how about being a slave owner knowing that you are actually helping that person in a sick way. Do you think you could make that choice as a spirit to come back in one of those roles.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

yah... this thread!!!

Do my words imprison you and torment your soul

Things could be worse then and maybe they will.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join