It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had infinite power to change the world, for the good; how would you do it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If I had the power to make changes to our world, I would be working on two things and the first one would deal with the 6th commandment, “Thou shall not kill”. It was a mistake to make this a rule, it should have been hard wired (from the very beginning) into the brain. Of course, some people (and the bible) may tell you that this is a sin, but I never believed that one, because if it was, wouldn’t God be sinning all the time? Therefore, this was a rule created for mankind /womenkind to have less chaos in the world.

If we removed killing from the table all together, this would not exactly fix everything. Death would still occur by natural causes or by accident; however, there would be less of a burden on the court system to figure out, but the system would still be relevant. For example, a judge would not have to decide if a doctor that kept losing patient’s was a murderer, he would, however be a bad doctor. Punishment, to a certain degree should still be in place because it would make people be more careful.

Aside from that, you wouldn’t have to worry about anyone (literally) stabbing you in the back. Anyone who belongs to an organization that believes that killing is okay really only creates more paranoia. How can you trust a leader, who kills, will not do that to you or your family? On the flip side, if you are the leader, how can you trust those who work for you, not to do away with you, and just take over your seat?

Secondly, I would eliminate limited resources. Resources would be handed out to each family like a vending machine would. You need more land, food, water, clothes, you would simply go to the vending machine. This machine would accept no money. Money, as the root of all evil would be eliminated, and no one would have anything to fight over anymore.

Peace on the planet… for ever more

Now if you had the infinite power to change the world, for the good; how would you do it?

edit on 6-5-2013 by StarsInDust because: Clarity

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Infinite power would not enable you to make the world "good". If you had infinite wisdom, you'd know that there MUST be a balance of bad and good at a ratio of about 1:1.618.

IMHO

edit on 6-5-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I say replace the human species with Bonobos... and the world would be a hell of alot better off!

Bonobos are one of humankind’s closest living relatives, sharing more than 98% of our DNA. These great apes are complex beings with profound intelligence, emotional expression, and sensitivity.

In contrast to the competitive, male-dominated culture of chimpanzees, bonobo society is peaceful, matriarchal, and more egalitarian. Sex transcends reproduction...

Frequently referred to as the “Make Love, Not War” primate, bonobos have a reputation for being docile and diplomatic in their social and sexual relationships. Their generally peaceful and cooperative society is attributed to the evolution of a highly complex social system.

www.bonobo.org...

And then let evolution takes its course once more...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 6-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A few simple rule changes can have enormous impacts. Given that, I would first cancel ALL debt, of any kind, at any level. Then ban usury. Then ban warfare. Then ban nuclear weapons and nuclear power. The rest would be easy.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Not sure if that balance of good and evil is actually a requirement, but perhaps, God tried it my way, and then just decided it was too boring for him, and just threw chaos into the mix.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ummm...wouldn't going back to being apes, actually going backwards for humans?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I would make two changes to the world. Unlimited and pure clean energy as well as Oceans of potable water.

I figure that removes 2 of the most critical points of conflict from a historic and ongoing perspective. If man couldn't make it work after that? Well...some fates may be deserved ones after all.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
reply to post by Rodinus

Ummm...wouldn't going back to being apes, actually going backwards for humans?

Have a read about the Bonobos in the link... they are certainly more intelligent than us and would do a HELL of a lot less damage to earth and its inhabitants as we have and are actually doing!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I would make two changes to the world. Unlimited and pure clean energy as well as Oceans of potable water.

I figure that removes 2 of the most critical points of conflict from a historic and ongoing perspective. If man couldn't make it work after that? Well...some fates may be deserved ones after all.

What would you do with all the inhabitants of the ocean Wrabbit?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

The problem is we have rules now, and people simply just choose to disobey them. You can ban all you want and we would still be left with our present chaos. The changes to behave would need to be imprinted on the brain, but then you are messing with free will, and what a ball of controversy that one will bring up.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000 I would make two changes to the world. Unlimited and pure clean energy as well as Oceans of potable water. I figure that removes 2 of the most critical points of conflict from a historic and ongoing perspective. If man couldn't make it work after that? Well...some fates may be deserved ones after all. What would you do with all the inhabitants of the ocean Wrabbit? Kindest respects Rodinus
reply to post by Rodinus

Hmmm... I guess this is where my vending machine contraption would come in. Unlimited fresh water, as well as, unlimited water for the animals of the sea to live in.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I would ban money
I would make a rule that if you use ANYTHING from nature you give it back times two
Peace and harmony mindset for everyone
Live in harmony with nature, like elves
Perhaps we will be living like cavemen again.. and hard work is required daily
but with no wars and no destruction of nature, and infinite peace.. let it be

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

You seem to forget the "INFINITE POWER" part of the proposal...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Simple; kill all the lawyers.

They cause about 90% of the problems in the world and since about 99% of our politicians are also lawyers, its like killing two birds with one stone.

Next would be like the other poster said; cancel all debts and outlaw usury. There's a damn good reason most every religion condemns the practice.

No usury and no lawyers: sounds like utopia to me.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'd introduce a currency based on energetic purity, using some kind of energy receptive material as a catalyst. Enhanced crystals or something, ..maybe. Oh and with some kind of technological energy reader that converts the energy into numeric values we can read.

Light/Love energy would be what gave this currency value, and Dark/Fear based energy would demean the value of it. There's always yin-yang type characteristics in all people so everyone's energy would be worth something, if it's not worth as much the lack of currency would perhaps create the gutter conditions required to forge a new path.

With that in mind selfless intentions of people with higher levels of light would undoubtedly assist those in need, If it's done for selfish reasons in hopes of soley increasing ones purity level. The currency/energy donator would then suffer a penalty to their energy as selfish intentions would effect their energetic finger print and thus devalue their currency.

I could go on all day but I hope you get the picture.

Oh.. If there's still need for a government I'd place a minimum-level of purity requirement on any government positions

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I would have the power to blow a special herbal smoke and cover the entire world in a thick fog that induces hunger and joy. Call me the Man.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
I say replace the human species with Bonobos... and the world would be a hell of alot better off!

Bonobos are one of humankind’s closest living relatives, sharing more than 98% of our DNA. These great apes are complex beings with profound intelligence, emotional expression, and sensitivity.

In contrast to the competitive, male-dominated culture of chimpanzees, bonobo society is peaceful, matriarchal, and more egalitarian. Sex transcends reproduction...

Frequently referred to as the “Make Love, Not War” primate, bonobos have a reputation for being docile and diplomatic in their social and sexual relationships. Their generally peaceful and cooperative society is attributed to the evolution of a highly complex social system.

www.bonobo.org...

And then let evolution takes its course once more...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 6-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

Seems like a half of humans are related to Bonobos and a half are related to chimps. I think the competitive nature of society is ridiculous myself. Working symbiotically is better than working competitively.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The only reason we need lawyers is because there are other lawyers out there that are a threat to us. Most judges were also lawyers
They are all on the same team, playing by the same rules which they create sometimes to protect our reliance on them.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

Transparency and the truth about all things..from past to the present.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
A few simple rule changes can have enormous impacts. Given that, I would first cancel ALL debt, of any kind, at any level. Then ban usury. Then ban warfare. Then ban nuclear weapons and nuclear power. The rest would be easy.

So you'd create people of equal value and then make anything they do to shake your stability, illegal.

And when the populace revolt.. it's only right you quell the noise.

Anything that is done to placate the world, will only be short lived, before obscene atrocity erupts because we suddenly 'have everything'.

Sadly, we're destined to be herd animals and money is a great fence. And I assume it means we will be here for a while yet. But never in harmony, and certainly if we don't blow ourselves up, society will simply implode.

Only by how much we suffer do we know the level of our comfort.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join