It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: 'Strong suspicions' that Syrian rebels have used sarin nerve gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

UN human rights investigators say they have strong suspicions but not absolute proof that Syrian rebel forces have used the nerve gas sarin.

It follows interviews with victims and doctors in neighbouring countries.

"We collected some witness testimony that made to appear that some chemical weapons were used, in particular nerving (sic) gas and what appears to our investigation (was) that that was used by the opponents, by the rebels," said Carla del Ponte, a member of the UN investigating team who has also served as an international war crimes prosecutor.

The Geneva-based inquiry gave no details as to when or where the nerve gas may have been used.

It did not find evidence that government forces had resorted to chemical weapons.

The US has said it has "varying degrees of confidence" that Syria's government has used sarin on its people.

Both President al-Assad's forces and the rebels have accused each other of employing chemical weapons several times.

Sarin has no colour or smell and can be fatal even in small doses.

www.euronews.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
UN investigators did not buy US/Israel's story that it must have been Assad/Syrian government,

and are mounting evidence that it was in fact rebels and not the story that US/Israel are using to frame Assad, and make him synonymous with Sarin/chem weapons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I believe it, the rebels using chemical weapons for the intent of making it look like the present Syrian government is using them. I am sure they could have access to them from somewhere, possibly some country that would benefit from a regime change. One that just bombed Syria possibly.

This tactic has been used extensively through the history of the world.
edit on 6-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Danger Will Robinson! Danger!! (Flail arms frantically)

This report does not fit acceptable parameters for the Official Story!!

It must be Assads forces that use chemical weapons. There can be no other story...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hum...

Didn't à certain Colin Powell also tell the truth (with "proof" in hand) about WMD in Iraq to the United Nations? (And look what ended up happening there!)

In my opinion, who cares which side has chemical weapons... both sides are going to lose out... this is just about giving an excuse to wage YET another war...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 6-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

Good find,

Im sure now with the proposed 250 million from Kerry and the US, and the oil embargo reached with the EU and the rebels to begin shipment of oil from the fields they have control over, they will have plenty of money to buy these weapons from the manufacturers.

Who ever makes these weapons?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

We remember: "Moving or using large quantities of chemical weapons would cross a 'red line' and 'change my calculus,'
So Mr. Obama, Peace Noble Price owner will you send your troops to free Syrian from the rebels?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The chemical weapon could also come from a 3rd party clandestine operation.
Someone like Israel for example
Just sayin'

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well ! Well !
I remember "Bush III", I mean Pres. Obama, making some statements about a "red line" if Assad used chemical or bio weapons.
I wonder if the same could be applied to the rebels in that country. "what's good for the goose..." and all.

I would not expect the same threats for them, after all their "our guys"; even if they do include our "so-called" enemies.
It's too bad this countries leaders don't know how to obey international law nor the laws they pass.

edit on 6-5-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I don't support any story coming for either side but I do believe Assad would use chemical weapons on his own people to secure his power. I'm sure both sides would attempt such a horrible move to win in this awful conflict.
edit on 6-5-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This was already posted earlier this morning.

I will post the same response that I did in that that thread...

"In my opinion this is a win/win situation for the West/NATO.

Plan A...fund and equip the so called "rebels" and hope they take down the Assad regime with out direct foreign intervention. If plan A fails, there is always plan B.

Plan B...plan A didn't work out and the "rebels" they funded have been "hijacked" by extremists who for the most part are not even from Syria and they end up using chemical weapons. This gives the West/NATO an excuse to intervene directly in Syria by first implementing a no fly zone then eventually allowing foreign troops to enter Syria to stop the rebel extremists and overthrow Assad at the same time.

I believe that the West/NATO were planning on plan B to take place since the beginning...

Plan A was a trick.

Of course there is much more to this than plans A and B"

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
Danger Will Robinson! Danger!! (Flail arms frantically)

This report does not fit acceptable parameters for the Official Story!!

It must be Assads forces that use chemical weapons. There can be no other story...

I was thinking the same thing.... We're supposed to see the FSA terrorists as the freedom fighters. Well, to paraphrase George Carlin.... If Crime Fighters fight Crime, what do Freedom Fighters fight?

He might have had a point in this case.

These evil people killed a bunny rabbit in a box and taped it! There is no limit to the depths of their depravity. Who could do such a thing to a poor little bunny? Some things are just personal.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm leaning on the side that certain personalities will think of anything to get to the occupation of syria. They want another no-fly zone and the want sanctions lifted off the Rebels. Its all in the master plan, hopefully Russia will flex.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
SO...the rebels wildly supported by the western country's did it...
so we must expect that the rebels leaders will be brought up to the international court in the Hague..for using WMD weapons ?
if not the USA / Brittain /France and Israel will have Syrian blood on there hands
just filty dirty politic games they play
edit on 6-5-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Strong suspicion...
We also had "documented proof" and witness testimony of the wmd's in Iraq, that also turned out to be israeli terrorist lies!
So, israel bombs Syria to goad Iran into a fight over imaginary wmd's in which the story is wholly fabricated by israeli terrorists.
When will the US figure out that we are simply cleaning the israeli laundry list???
I say israel has wmd's and has threatened to use them, they have also attacked the US numerous times, we should bomb them and see how fast there is peace in the sand box!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think that this could be a massive turning point. Ever since this conflict began, the mainstream propaganda have been apologists for the F.S.A. Now we have a U.N. commissioner openly stating that may are using a banned W.M.D.s. Carla De Ponte is being a thorn in the side of the N.W.O. More may soon follow.
B.T.W. It's refreshing to read a political thread where almost all is in agreement and the squabbling is absent.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

right.. not an word on dutch mainstream media...hoe conveniant

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join