It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy tries to rape mom, kills her, over Call of Duty ban.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

The only thing not healthy was my reaction to losing as a kid.
At least I can see and admit the problem and correct it.
Which is why I don't play much anymore.
Video gamers are much more intensely submersed in the games realm.
It's the reality of the entire gaming industry.
They can convince people of all ages to lock away hours a day at them.
And yet get nothing physically accomplished outside of staring at a TV.

Are they fun? Sure...in moderation.
Addicting? Only to those who allow them to be.

Today I see it all too often. Video games are mind altering.
Children especially, some adults too, need to turn it off and go outside.

This kid...well he just didn't know when to quit.
Terrible tragedy.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Absolutley CRAZY, I cant even imagine what demonic and phycopathic energy this guy came across, I really cant wrap my head around the part of him raping her, Im mean Holy $h@t, who does that. This guy might get away as being labled mentally unstable and spend his remainder as a White Jacketed, Pill eating, drooling fool, in a padded room.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

It's best to leave off as much as you, as a parent, can prevent, right?

I have no kids, so this is probably easier for me to say than it is for a parent to do, but I think prohibiting a kid from doing anything is a terrible idea. I'm only basing this on my own experience with my own parents, and what I saw from my peers and their folks. I have no complaints about my parents because I know they always did what they thought was best for me, but at this point in my life I think they had at least this one aspect of parenting totally wrong.

Prohibiting a kid from doing something will accomplish nothing, good or bad. If you tell him that he cannot do something that he wants to do he will find a way to do it anyway. It really is that simple. People often say that kids purposely rebel against their parents, but I don't see it that way. I don't remember ever doing anything prohibited because it was prohibited. I do, however, remember doing all manner of things that were prohibited because I wanted to do them. My parents wishes didn't even enter into the equation, and if they did it was only to the degree necessary for me be able to hide my actions from them. I didn't have any desire to defy them, and often felt guilt for doing so. However, I had even less desire to follow their rules if they were in opposition to my desires.

Again, I know diddly about parenting so I don't have any grand ideas on a better way to guide kids away from the bad stuff. I just know that prohibiting something will not work on a smart kid. The smarter the kid is the more capable he is of questioning his parents, and the more likely he is to defy them.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

She was most likely punishing him for something right?
And he threw a little girl hissyfit over not being able to play the game and shot his own MOTHER then raped her?

--So your saying his mother should have let him play the game...
Last I checked PARENTS run the household... not the effin kids that live in it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I love video games as much as the next gamer, but please this kid had other issues. Don't blame video games for this.

edit on 6-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Last I checked PARENTS run the household... not the effin kids that live in it.

I didn't say not to discipline children, just that the idea of parental authority is an illusion. If a kid decides not to do something it is because he decided not to. The answer, I suppose, would be to convince them to make that decision instead of demanding that they follow orders.

Did you ever defy your parents wishes? If so, why? Asking myself that question led to this conclusion.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

Word.

I'm thinking the parents let this kid get wayyy to out of hand.. and gradually led to the death of the mother.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Would be interesting to find out what the Psych report is going to be like, thanks for the post. Sick people

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericaNeedsToWakeUp
No matter what some WHITE folks do or heinous act they commit they are never held accountable it's always another reason. Typical white people. I'm tired of white people making excuses for white people. Here comes the Mental illness excuse. Whites don't want to take responsibility for their children's behavior. Black Man kills, he's a thug and a menace to society. White Man kills he's mentally unstable or insane ! You racist white people called trayvon martin a Thug. How about calling this white boy a thug.

Normally the real racists usually pull the "race card".
Trayvon Martin was no thug. (he was probably a wannabe though). I know how these chavalas like to listen to lil wayne and all those other bs rappers.
--The Trayvon thing is a tragedy.
--So is the topic at hand.

And yeah, I agree with you on the white people and pulling the "mental illness" card.
They can also turn around and do the same thing with blacks you know....

this will be your response...
"is being lazy a mental illness"

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I play COD often and it is scary as hell because I run into crazy kids like this on a daily basis! You just never know when they're gonna snap.... I often wondered where these kids parents were when they are cursing up storms and acting like complete animals...

ONE time I remember playing and hearing this kid going off like a drunken sailor and his mom came in the room and caught him and started beating the living sh@# out of him! I lmao but at the same time I was thanking her in my head for doing what needed to be done...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
My guess here is this kid didn't/doesn't really have a mental issue. Many kids, and a lot of us have seen youtube vids, have anger issues when it comes to these games. I've seen it in my 5 year old and this is just letting him play on my iphone with kid friendly games. You've got take control of it early otherwise it will be a downward spiral.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
My guess here is this kid didn't/doesn't really have a mental issue. Many kids, and a lot of us have seen youtube vids, have anger issues when it comes to these games. I've seen it in my 5 year old and this is just letting him play on my iphone with kid friendly games. You've got take control of it early otherwise it will be a downward spiral.

agree I have had to tell my step son off quite a few times for getting angry over games. he has broken controllers before. I would tell him its only a game and go outside.
now days his far more relaxed and just plays the games for easter eggs and exploring lol.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I had one part of my life when I would spend about 8-10 hours per day playing videogames mostly MMORPGs but never felt big rage because game. I think there were some much bigger problems with him than that Call of Duty ban.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Oh my gosh!
violet games are the worse!!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I wish I never read this thread now, I feel sick!

As a guess I would say that bad parenting played a part in all of this. Kids get away with far too much nowadays and don't learn anything from parents who don't put there foot down! Also as people have already stated the kid must have mental health issues and this obviously has not been dealt with.

Sad, very very sad!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I play COD often and it is scary as hell because I run into crazy kids like this on a daily basis! You just never know when they're gonna snap.... I often wondered where these kids parents were when they are cursing up storms and acting like complete animals...

ONE time I remember playing and hearing this kid going off like a drunken sailor and his mom came in the room and caught him and started beating the living sh@# out of him! I lmao but at the same time I was thanking her in my head for doing what needed to be done...

Absolutely. I'm a gamer as well--female who plays violent video games. Being female, I've had a few instances that were just mind blowing. Very, very toxic individuals that went well beyond the more typical misogynistic type of statements. I personally think that's it's not so much the games that appeal to such people but the communities themselves as a lot of smack talk that goes on is pretty over the top at times normally so it makes them feel a little less like an outcast. Though interestingly enough, thanks to Steam, I've made a habit of checking out the profiles of the worst of the worst and 99.9%, they only have a couple friends on it and maybe 10 maximum. Kind of tells me that the majority of the gaming communities that they are in aren't that fond of them either.

That said, over the last 15 years of playing online fps games, I've had two run-ins that I am absolutely certain that something was deeply wrong with the individual where what they were saying went very well beyond the typical "smack talk" and that was very detailed and violent descriptions of how they would rape me. The number of times that I've run into an obviously older individual saying that they were going to rape a 12 or 13 year old boy that was playing the game? I lost count a long time ago. Worse yet, usually I'm the only one on the server that starts screaming at the individuals doing this stuff. Nobody else calls them out on it so think on that, too. Kids that age should not be playing these games, especially online, for a multitude of reasons because they will be subject to abuse. I say that both as a parent and a gamer in these kind of communities. I'm loathe to say that it's the games and more likely to point out that basically when you let your 12 or 13 year old play a game online, you're basically allowing strangers under the guise of anonymity to talk and interact with your children. Most of them are cool. A few are really very toxic.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have prestiged in all the CoD games (with the exception of modern warfare), and not once did I get the urge to rape nor murder. I think we are fast approaching the time when even the hardcore skeptics of the supernatural will stop and think, are these people demon possesed?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I agree these kids shouldn't be playing these games, then again like you said, they have no real friends..... I like to talk smack, who doesn't? It's more along the lines of " awww did you lose" or " what happened" ya know, none threatening light smack talking but then these kids just get absolutely furious!!!!

I got my nephew into games at a young age and he's playing them at 13 but when he got his headset, I tried to explain the toxic community and tried to keep him off his headset completely, I wouldn't let him play in my party sometimes just bc of the adult convos we'd have, don't need kids listening to that! I gotta say so far, so good!

These kids shouldn't be playing these games in the first place, if they are, their parents should at least understand what goes on in these games and explain what is going on and how to act! Some parents just don't know or care to know what is going on and start to wonder why their kids are acting out as if it's a big mistery..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Claiming that video games cause people to commit murder is like saying baseball caused the Cuban missile crisis, because Castro's appreciation for baseball encouraged him to try to crank a missile out of the park.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join