It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the recent May 2013 Israeli airstrike on Damascus result in a disproportional War Crime?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yay, I effectivley shut the thread down!

This just proves to me that if you call them out before they show up to argue and call you an anti-semite, the thread will stay on topic. In this case, what was needed to be said was said. No further comments needed to be made.

Thank you "undercover" guys for proving my point!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
How many missile attacks do Israel suffer a day

How many died in the Boston bombings? Only a few, are you suggesting that doesnt really matter cos its only a few dead not scores.
Its ok to terrorise people as long as the body count is low?
edit on 6-5-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

Israel isn't attacked by rockets every day though.... It has rocket attacks against it more often than the US as you so plainly said, but it is not nearly every day.

Again, you mentioned 3 deaths in the boston bombings... Of all the Missile attacks that have taken place in Israel, how many of them even hit an area people live in ? How about a well populated area? Okay, how many of those rockets actually damaged property? How many caused any injuries? Finally, how many of them caused any deaths directly from the rockets themselves ?

I tried to list this from the questions that will have the highest number, to the lowest. Of all the rockets fired into Israel, almost none of them hit their targets, and even fewer cause injury or death. Do they spread terror absolutely.

Is it terrible? Absolutely, but it's no more terrible than the Boston Bombing. Do I think Israel had any right to attack anything in Syria? # NO! Israel can go suck a greasy piece of Corn breaded bacon.

If you don't want to be terrorized stop terrorizing the world.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Let's talk about international law:

The Definition of Genocide

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide

"Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

www.preventgenocide.org...

When La Raza and the rest of the Marxist flood Caucasian nations with other ethnic groups so they are eventually wiped out group, have been found guilty of attempted genocide, then International laws may have some merit. Till then, it seems they are used as nothing more than an instrument of genocide and are in of themselves violations of both the spirit and rule of law.

Everything, leftists have done in America these last thirty years clearly violates those three provisions of the Convention on the Prevention of Genocide.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Dear OmegaLogos,

If you agree that there was a military necessity for the bombing, and add to that what you posted:

It suggests that the injury caused should be proportional to the objective desired,
Doesn't Israel simply point out that they used only the force necessary to destroy those military targets?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

It also proved who or whom was behind the whole Syria war...Israel (the government) has a lot to answer for...they are not interested in civil talks, they simply want war and any which way they can pull Iran into the fray they will.

How can western governments justify supporting the rebels who are known fundamentalists and then preach they are at war with the likes of Al-Qaeda...

Dirty dirty war.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by borntowatch

Explanation: Thanks for replying!

This thread is not about any wider conflict at all and merely and specifically focuses on this ONE INCIDENT!

Ok..this one incident, in my opinion, was justified.

I find that restricting this thread to one incident, given all the history involved in the region and the conflict with Hamas specifically is not an appropriate discussion any more than eating one apple should give you a perception of what all apples are like. However, it is your thread... do as you like.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Let's talk about international law:

The Definition of Genocide

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide

"Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

www.preventgenocide.org...

The problem with b, c and d is that can be taken down to the street level and applied to a single individual of one group who attacks another individual of a different "group". The case could be made...specially if the victim were female.

It seems that the above is pulled out of context. It clearly states that ANY of the following conditions...in other words one street gang warring with another would be an act of genocide by both gangs??

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

Originally posted by borntowatch
How many missile attacks do Israel suffer a day

How many died in the Boston bombings? Only a few, are you suggesting that doesnt really matter cos its only a few dead not scores.
Its ok to terrorise people as long as the body count is low?
edit on 6-5-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

Israel isn't attacked by rockets every day though.... It has rocket attacks against it more often than the US as you so plainly said, but it is not nearly every day.

Again, you mentioned 3 deaths in the boston bombings... Of all the Missile attacks that have taken place in Israel, how many of them even hit an area people live in ? How about a well populated area? Okay, how many of those rockets actually damaged property? How many caused any injuries? Finally, how many of them caused any deaths directly from the rockets themselves ?

I tried to list this from the questions that will have the highest number, to the lowest. Of all the rockets fired into Israel, almost none of them hit their targets, and even fewer cause injury or death. Do they spread terror absolutely.

Is it terrible? Absolutely, but it's no more terrible than the Boston Bombing. Do I think Israel had any right to attack anything in Syria? # NO! Israel can go suck a greasy piece of Corn breaded bacon.

How disingenuous...you compare a significant number of rocket attacks coming from a foreign country with a single act? Perhaps you should suggest a number of Boston style bombings, not all of which result in injury and death.... apply that at the frequency that missiles are fired into Israel and then you would have an appropriate comparison.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

I see...so Israel, who was pushed during the '67 war by the surrounding arab/muslim countries to the very coast of their country, does not have the right to defend themselves then? I suppose by the same reasoning JFK had no right to blockade the soviet ships delivering nukes to Cuba...

Perhaps you should examine history in order to understand why Israel is as it is today. They did not arrive in Israel when the country was established bound and determined to make war on their neighbors.

Having watched things play out over there since the '67 war, I can say that Israel has developed a bit of a paranoid personality, with good reason, and yet during those short periods of true peace that have existed in the region since 67 they did not attack anyone.

If you want an eye-opener take the percentage (as a function of their population total) of Israelis that have died in "terrorist" bombings and then apply that percentage to the US and I believe they have shown remarkable restraint. There is no way the US would accept the losses and not react with so much more aggression and destruction than Israel has.

Are they always 100% in the right? Hell no...but the ones attacking them are far from being in the right 100% of the time as well. Until some equitable and acceptable solution to the Palestinian issue is found there will continue to be acts of desperation and aggression by both sides. I find the possibility of a solution to be equivalent to discovering 3 winning lotto tickets in my underwear.

I find, that given what history I have observed in the region, that bashing and blaming the Israelis for the ills of the region is not only naive but ignores the history of the region. . This, in turn, implies ...well, let's just say that open mind is not what it implies, nor does it imply a lack of influence by those with agendas.

If you are wholly on one side or the other, your mind cannot, by definition, be open, but rather poisoned by one agenda or the other.

Read the history, form your own opinions rather than be spoon fed crap from various corners.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its funny remember when Israel trumpeted that Iran wanted to wipe them off the map and that was a HUGE CRIME, but then it turned out Iran never said that (Lying is OK in Israel there god says so I guess )...but Israel says they are going to do Iran every other day and they DO say that and its OK?
Shouldn't Iran premptively strike Israel?

thats why BiBi's shrink slashed UP rememeber?

A suicide note at his side explained that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has been his patient for the last nine years, had “sucked the life right out of me.”

“I can’t take it anymore,” wrote Yatom. “Robbery is redemption, apartheid is freedom, peace activists are terrorists, murder is self-defense, piracy is legality, Palestinians are Jordanians, annexation is liberation, there’s no end to his contradictions. Freud promised rationality would reign in the instinctual passions, but he never met Bibi Netanyahu. This guy would say Gandhi invented brass knuckles.”

legalienate.blogspot.ca...

Israel should have every last pointy stick and every free dollar taken away and be forced to act like mature responsible sane people do and learn to play well with others

At least Israel won't be committing white phosphorous war crimes when they attack all of thier neighbours and eventually Iran, but the rest of the NATO and commonwealth countries will be when they have to go over there and save that little troublemaker

I wonder if war crimes courts will still be hunting down israelis prison guards and senior politicians 60 years from now...

edit on 8-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Dear Danbones,

Forgive me for bringing this up, but concerning the psychiatrist's note? It was discussed in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... and declared by the moderators to be a hoax.

What you quote was from a three-part article on the subject which contained the bombing of a flotilla of psychiatrists who had intended to administer soothing drugs to all Israeli leaders.

To be fair, the story was re-reported in many places, including Al-Jazeera. It looked legitimate at the start.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Its funny remember when Israel trumpeted that Iran wanted to wipe them off the map and that was a HUGE CRIME, but then it turned out Iran never said that (Lying is OK in Israel there god says so I guess )...but Israel says they are going to do Iran every other day and they DO say that and its OK?
Shouldn't Iran premptively strike Israel?

Just out of curiosity, do you have anything regarding that statement being a lie? I never heard that, in fact all I have is that it has been stated on multiple occasions by the political leader.

I would love to read how, why that was propagated if it is, in fact, a lie.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Danbones

Dear Danbones,

Forgive me for bringing this up, but concerning the psychiatrist's note? It was discussed in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... and declared by the moderators to be a hoax.

What you quote was from a three-part article on the subject which contained the bombing of a flotilla of psychiatrists who had intended to administer soothing drugs to all Israeli leaders.

To be fair, the story was re-reported in many places, including Al-Jazeera. It looked legitimate at the start.

With respect,
Charles1952

I am not surprised...swallowing whole and unquestioningly something that supports ones belief system without proof or substantiation of any kind is the absolute definition of closed mind. Makes you wonder what other BS lies around in minds like that.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Somehow I highly doubt that there were 1000+ killed with absolutely no response from Syria or it's allies. I mean come on.

<< 1   >>

join