It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you recall any old classic songs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I had this song pop into my head this morning, although I could only remember a few of the lines, it was funny how after many years it wass till in my memory hidden away. I suppose this song came from my childhood, not a popular song that my friends and I would listen to on 45's, but a song that was played by my Mom.

It makes you think about how TV, Radio, Internet affect the young minds of today and even some of us older generation in a sub conscious way.

I suppose if there has to be submerging memories this song is something that is a positive.

Do you have any such memories of songs that began in your childhood? Like I said, it is kind of interesting to think about how we are influenced whether we know it or not, and how those influences can be positive or negative.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My mom was a huge Beatles fan and as a result I am too..

I loved songs that told stories as a kid, still do - here are a couple that always remind me of car rides with mom.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This song reminds me of my grandfather who used to take us on road trips every summer.
*Flips Freddy Fender cassette to side B and misses grandpa*

edit on 5-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Her name was McGill, and she called herself Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy. No wonder Rocky Raccoon ran into trouble. She's a hussy!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Them Jezebel's are always trouble!

Good tune you posted, rockin' it. =]
edit on 5-5-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Excellent posts you guys, I wonder why certain artists of today chose odd songs to remake, often songs that were spun to be popular in the day when in fact were hated. You know the kind, the songs you hate but years later find you know every word to when all or most of your favorites have been long forgotten in your memories?

Both of your choices were truly popular songs back in the day, so kudos to the people who helped shape your future and guided your memories.

Here is one that represents my Dad, God I miss him...

*He like me was a Black sheep*

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If you were looking for more abstract I could post a bunch of Dan Fogelberg.. My mother would be proud.

As un-manly as it is to admit.. I haven't heard this song in ages. Almost made me a little moist around the ocular cavities. =
edit on 5-5-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I must be your Moms age, I was born around 60. Are there any songs that come back to you without trying? Songs that were not your style but that somehow stayed in your memory from road trips or just played at home?

For some people it might even be from the church you attended as a child, or a baby sitter played in repetition.

Edit to say Aha! My Mom listened to that album!
edit on 5-5-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

My parent's listened to mostly classical rock, and my mom a bit of country when pop wasn't within earshot. I did realize when I dug up that Fogelberg track that I knew the lyrics almost as if the song had been on heavy rotation very recently.

I do remember listening to a lot of Johnny Cash (which I still love to this day) and Hank Williams with great-gramps.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

As a kid my parents were so young and very cool cats

I remember learning this song, and I still really enjoy...

led zepplin~whole lotta love

peace and love
~nat

and this one...love it...
edit on 5-5-2013 by natalia because: added

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This song reminds me of my dad.

.I remember we use sing it together when I was a kid.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

OH YES!!! I recall that one too! LOL is right, it does take down the path to a very special one...

And I could never forget driving down the road singing this as my Dad drove fast over all the hills to make us get stomach willies:

We actually has a yellow station wagon and a yellow house, lol.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

A couple of my personal favorites too. I once partied all night long with Jimmy Page.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The two earlist songs I remember from childhood are "Catch a falling star", which is fairly classic, and also this one;
"Sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening, sugar at suppertime;
Be my little sugar, and love me all the time".
They don't write them like that any more.

PS
"Catch a falling star, and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away;
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, keep it for a rainy day.
For love might come and tap you on the shoulder,
Some starless night-
And should
you want
to turn around and hold her
Then
you've got
A pocket-full of starlight..", then repeat, I think.

edit on 5-5-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Beatles were a huge part of my growing up as well. My grandma had all their records, which she gave to me when I got my record player. Records are awesome and quality sound imo.

I remember this one was and is one of my grandmas favorites, she said they would be listening to it in her car and at a stop light they would all jump out and just start dancing!!!
the beatles~why dont we do it in the road
peace and love
~nat

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by natalia

A couple of my personal favorites too. I once partied all night long with Jimmy Page.

Really!?! That is flipping awesome!!!

~nat

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My Moms Mom always had the most up to date record players, quite a collection I still own. Here is a couple from that sassy red head, she was a spunky RN who lived her life to the fullest.

Married 5 times, her best advice to us girls was "Not until he places that ring on your finger"

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Used to love this song when i was a child. My mum always had it on the "record player" lol........

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

When i was a young lad, my elder brother had just purchased Cream's album "Disraeli Gears". This track always takes me back to those days:-

top topics

<<   2 >>

join