It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Activity in Marrowbone, WV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Mods, feel free to move this to an appropriate area if it doesn't belong here. I was speaking to my grandmother on the phone a couple of days ago when she asked if I had read anything on the Internet about police activity in Marrowbone (a small valley community near Kermit, WV). I had not since I don't usually search for news around that region. Both my grandmother and I live in Ohio, but she is from Kermit and still speaks to friends and family there. She went on to say that there were several police vehicles and a backhoe, but no one knew what was going on. My grandmother stated that a deputy sheriff she knows even went to the location, but the state police would not let him enter the area.

I searched the web and only came up with a string of comments from locals on the Topix website. All of it is hearsay, of course, but theories of what is going on range from bodies being found, a car with bodies inside being uncovered, to the joking posts of a UFO crash or Jimmy Hoffa/Amelia Earhart being found there. One resident who lives along the valley stated that several dark SUVs, unmarked police vehicles, a backhoe and a local news van passed by his place, but nothing has been on the news. Another person claims there was a man in an orange jumpsuit pointing out where to dig, but that is also unconfirmed. Later reports indicate that something was removed on a rollback tow truck.

I'm not sure if there is still activity or if it has calmed down. The people who my grandmother has spoken with aren't sure what is going on either. A couple heard that bodies were found and another said nothing at all was going on. It's strange that there is such a large gap in opinion from the people who are there. I'm posting this here to see if anyone might be in the area who can give some further insight into what is going on and shed some light on the issue.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

Sounds interesting I hope someone can let us know. It seems strange that the state police won't allow access to the local police.

By the way who is naming the towns in W.V.?
(Marrowbone....Kermit...?)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Maybe Hoffa case since they have been pushing for it.
Or a serial killer giving up location of bodies

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by SSPI07

Sounds interesting I hope someone can let us know. It seems strange that the state police won't allow access to the local police.

By the way who is naming the towns in W.V.?
(Marrowbone....Kermit...?)

Did you know that Ireland is in WV? Don't know why it didn't make this list.

thediggerer.com...

Pladuim

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I have family from that area. Well probably not anymore. My great grandma had a farm there many years ago. We went back there to bury my Grandpa about 5 years ago. My mom and I drove back there in them hills to find my great grandma's farm. It is sketchy back there. I would not have wanted to break down or run out of gas.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

Sounds to me like a prisoner was allowed to show officials where some bodies were buried.
Maybe an old mafia hit, where a few people were "offed" and buried inside the vehicle itself...
Or maybe a prisoner had a chance to redeem some time off his life sentence by releasing the whereabouts of the crime and victims involved.
Usually the townsfolk are nibby enough to get some details right.
I can guarantee that something is afoot.

Either way, if it's not on the news...it must be extremely important.
Those idiotic local news reporters are in everyones business.

I will be watching this one.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Dude that is the back woods I doubt seriously even a mafia character having the balls to venture back there. Perhaps your scenario of a perp leading someone to a gravesite. That could explain the backhoe. I don't know. It is very interesting none the less.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm thinking it had something to do with this guy.

www.herald-dispatch.com...

I can't find anything else.

Pladuim
edit on 5-5-2013 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It could have something to do with the missing guy, but then why would the authorities be so tight-lipped about it? Nothing has been on the news and remember, the authorities on the scene wouldn't even let the deputy pass through.

Another theory is not too far off from the mafia. Several people believe they may have found a dumping ground for killings related to drug activity. I could see this as being true, especially since the county's sheriff was murdered a month ago while eating lunch in his car. Initial reports indicated that he was killed due to his crackdown on drugs in the area, but authorities later back-peddled that report.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SSPI07
It could have something to do with the missing guy, but then why would the authorities be so tight-lipped about it? Nothing has been on the news and remember, the authorities on the scene wouldn't even let the deputy pass through.

Another theory is not too far off from the mafia. Several people believe they may have found a dumping ground for killings related to drug activity. I could see this as being true, especially since the county's sheriff was murdered a month ago while eating lunch in his car. Initial reports indicated that he was killed due to his crackdown on drugs in the area, but authorities later back-peddled that report.

The State Police could be limiting access to hold back certain details only the killer(s) or whatever would know. The list of suspects could include local police (especially since you note a sheriff was killed in a possibly drug-related crime), hence limiting their access.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
? I was thinking maybe broken arrow?
Any WV B 52 crashes or bases nearby?
Maybe old explosives storage or a cache?
DB Coopers stash?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ya got my attention.I would be very interested to see what this turns out to be.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Are there any dams round there?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

I can definitely confirm it ain't jimmy. My Mother worked at the bar he was taken from. She actually worked that night and of course was questioned over and over who he drank/left with ect. Ole jimmy is in a pillar of what they now call the GM building. It use to b called the Renaissance Center.... Well....us locals think that anyways. Whose gonna take out the pillars to find out?! LoL jimmy ain't worth that kind of money....lol

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

Originally posted by KonigKaos

I can definitely confirm it ain't jimmy. My Mother worked at the bar he was taken from. She actually worked that night and of course was questioned over and over who he drank/left with ect. Ole jimmy is in a pillar of what they now call the GM building. It use to b called the Renaissance Center.... Well....us locals think that anyways. Whose gonna take out the pillars to find out?! LoL jimmy ain't worth that kind of money....lol

They should try the underground mapping tech. The use sonic waves to detect things buried in the ground. Could work on a building. There would be a big hollow spot where his body was. The concrete would suck out the moisture.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

Pladium-I think you're most likely right. There was a post from 8 hours ago on the Topix thread from someone claiming to be a family member of the missing gentleman. The family member sounded a bit upset & that this making his family go through heck again.

I do not know how LE & the media work in other states - but the state I live in - the public would NOT know what is going on if they found a missing person. Until that person was ID'ed & family notified. ESPECIALLY if there was any foul play suspected.

Regardless of what's happening in that area, I hope the missing gentleman's family can have closure.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm sure it is something involving Jessco White.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
if you find any info update us please.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
3/5? Wow, I was in 2/5.. Ah, mateo. Miss that place (kind of lol)

reply to post by 35Foxtrot

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

29 flags for a post about hearsay regarding a couple of police cars and backhoe, and nothing more substantial than that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join