It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Device(s) at Area 51 Border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The whole point of using Area-51 was because it was secret. Now that it's been in movies and TV shows, I'm betting there isn't anything super-secret there anymore. The government wouldn't allow it to be in "Independence Day" if they really kept secret stuff there. It's a great decoy though ... with the guards and everything. In another 40 years we'll learn about where the secret stuff currently is being worked on.

There needs to be a corollary to Godwin"s Law.
Godwin's law
Any thread about Groom Lake that goes on long enough will have some person claim either the base has been moved or it is a decoy. Then we need a graphics to go with it. Something like this, well but different.

So here we go again. One, the base was never a secret. Two, they are expanding the base, so it is hardly a decoy.

I'd call it Gariac's law, but then I don't want a wiki page. ;-)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Regarding this panel, you need to think of the location in respect to the function. For instance, they wouldn't put a fuel tank here for use for any vehicle. The base has plenty of real estate to put up a fuel station. Regarding radar, they do have a hill to mount the hardware. If they wanted to put a generator near the border, it could go much further back so nobody would notice.

Then there is the camo dude security zone. Once you get to the Cedar Pipeline ranch, you are in the dude free zone. Security will talk to you. But people have jumped the fence here. There were some hunters that trespassed to follow their game. Oh, and bringing a gun onto a military reservation is apparently pretty serious.

So the dude zone is roughly a bit north of Baldie to the south-most border point in the TIkaboo valley. But you don't see any security at Desert Lake. And Jerry Freeman, if you believed his story, sneaked into the base from the DOE side. The point here is why bother placing security at Bald Mountain at all.

Now Groom Lake tries to minimize the amount of infrastructure visible to the public. If they could see through rock, I presume the cameras would be hidden. The dudes are visible, but they are a deterrent in theory. Of course, they attract attention too.

They could have the mother of all fences. Yes, the story goes that the area is open range. But the DOE and the TTR aren't open range. I'm sure if Groom Lake wanted to be a cow free zone, it wouldn't be an issue.

So with this mindset, why is the panel located in that particular location?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hi all,

My theory is kinda weird, but is only a theory, since that thing is near the camo dudes, so the fire extinguisher have a practical use, not because that thing will catch on fire, but maybe as a emergency cooling system, CO2 can drastically reduce the temperature of some object. So my theory is that thing is a heat seek device or infrared of some kind to be use during the night surveillance. And the fire extinguisher is there in case the unit overheat. The cement cover is to lower the temperature during the night of the sensors. In case of need the camo duds will use the CO2 to cool down the sensors.

My 2 cents.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by user12345

If you had some sort of FLIR (this isn't) you wanted to cool, you'd use some sort of cooler for it, not something where you'd have to run out and spray it with a fire extinguisher.

However, this thing's no FLIR.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Radar Device a new model.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Perhaps not quite fancy in features as originally suspected, but seriously though...

ELM-2112(V15) Marketing Brochure (PDF)

In addition to the nice pictures, there are some general specs and data on it even.

Ok, it might have a Raytheon, Northrop, or Lockheed sticker on it. But visually in terms of hardware I don't see much significant difference other than the one at the Area 51 Base being attached to a permanent mount.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

My problem with the radar theory is you need to mount gear higher than cattle, and preferably on a tripod. The cattle will scratch themselves on any stick coming out of the ground they can reach. The tripod legs make the pole a bit harder to reach.

(Yes, cows have horns.)

Looking at the photo of the radar on a cliff being able to spot a boat below it makes me think if this was radar surveillance, they would mount it higher. Also further away to make it less visible.

edit on 6-5-2013 by gariac because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by gariac because: typos

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
The tripod legs make the pole a bit harder to reach...

Maybe that's what the "support struts" in front are for - cattle guards.

I can't tell how high the thing IS - maybe 4 feet at the base? It might be over a cow's rub height anyway.

Anyways, if it's one of the newer UWB rigs, you not only get tracking and size estimates of things in the network, you can get heart and respiration rates, it might let you discriminate for people.

Maybe the way to get through is to drink a few energy drinks and wear a cow suit...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My guess is either a cell/radio signal extender/sender or some kind of ventilation from underground. Maybe also just a device for measuring air quaility.

Or, they could just be signal jammers.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phlake
My guess is either a cell/radio signal extender/sender or some kind of ventilation from underground. Maybe also just a device for measuring air quaility.

Or, they could just be signal jammers.

It's not designed right to be a cell extender or a signal jammer.

Neither would look like that, unless you were trying to hide what it was, and there's not really a LOT of point to that.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

A friend of ours has solar heating panels on his roof. He does not keep a fire extinguisher near by in case they catch fire. I didnt even know fire was a danger with solar heating. Anyone????

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

A solar panel would not be sub optimal in this area as Nevada is a desert and clouds are not usually a problem.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

A solar panel would not be sub optimal in this area as Nevada is a desert and clouds are not usually a problem.

The solar panels they use for the remote cameras are too small to be of much use. That is, the cameras will not have much operating time. Some facilities in the desert have massive solar arrays, like Badger Mountain or Hayford Peak.
Hayford Peak

Or even the new Tikaboo camera:
Solar array at botton of image

But the old cameras have a cell that is might be a square foot at best.
solar cells used by Groom cameras
from this page
Close up of a Groom Lake security camera

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

If you don't care what it is then why bother even posting? Don't bother wasting our time and yours! There's people on here doing real research into the base so be appreciative or don't post stupid comments like that one..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Any thread about Groom Lake that goes on long enough will have some person claim either the base has been moved or it is a decoy. Then we need a graphics to go with it. Something like this, well but different. So here we go again. One, the base was never a secret. Two, they are expanding the base, so it is hardly a decoy. I'd call it Gariac's law, but then I don't want a wiki page. ;-)

You beat me to it gariac. I should have seen it coming, seems every thread of a certain length devolves into "nothing to see cause they have move everything to the new Area 51/Dugway/whereever".
edit on 6-5-2013 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
looks like it could maybe be some type of radiator or equipment cooler

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just looks like an electrical panel on a uni-strut frame, with dry powder extinguisher.
Why a panels stuck out there is another question.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join