It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Device(s) at Area 51 Border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Those brown uprights look like handles for fire brooms aka fire beaters. Seems like someone is worried that this installation could cause a wild fire.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
If it were a solar cell bank, you wouldn't have it vertical like that, now would you?
Does it look like they trenched in some power cables? How big would you say it was?
Just from looks alone, it could be a multistatic detection array or some new variant of Raytheon's microwave fencing, although it's not quite bulky enough. Maybe. The newer GaAs stuff is smaller.

Speaking of trenched in cables or something - if you look on Bing Maps here: 37.477023, -115.660445
you will see what looks like the end of something trenched in, all the way back to the guard shack, with what appears to be concrete pads and devices at intervals. And if you look at the boundary lines, you will see that part of this trail leaves restricted territory at this point, goes on BLM land to this point where it again goes on restricted land: 37.483575, -115.664327777778

Well, I count 11 of these spots, I made a Google Earth KMZ file here:
www.topsecretbases.com...

They aren't equidistant that I can determine.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just a FYI, they pulled the PTZ gear on that camera about 3 years ago. This is what it looks like now:

If the PTZ gear was reinstalled, that would seal the deal for me that the panel is for camera power.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

There is a part of the dirt road where "you can't get there from here", if I follow you. Chuck Clark has been there during his quest to document every orange marker along the border. The Joint Terrorism Task Force Raid interrupted the project.

Did you notice the small dots leading east of the Baldie?
37.477049, -115.657741
37.476823, -115.658639
37.476700, -115.659254

I wonder if they are powering the old road sensors rather than changing batteries, or if they installed a different sensor system.

Obviously the area needs some follow up.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There's a multiphasic motion detector setup that puts up a UWB signal field between sensors, you can not only detect motion, ir'll discriminate for size and localizes the motion. This at least could be one of those. There's also a Raytheon perimeter interdiction fence system that's like a fixed VMADS chain. You try to get through it feels like you're on fire. Also signals the intrusion. This doesn't look like the unit I saw but it does sort of look like the GaAs module they've started using.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I can make an educated guess why they'd need a fire extinguisher and what that may well be. Just don't think too hard about the details if you're eating at the moment.

I could be wrong. Could be a form of radar. What does LIDAR look like for a ground unit with a fixed point of aim? Anything similar? I'm still going with the video in a refined version as my guess tho. Ewwwww..... They're getting nasty about things.

I guess the 'stay out' signs are coming to really mean it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's it, only Raytheon makes a fence version, which is what I was talking about two posts up.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There may be remote sensors there but i also bet there is a underground vault with a propane generator/propane fuel cell and large fuel tank.

You are seeing a remote power station to charge a battery bank and likely power all the sensor platforms in the area.
Solar has a problem as a few days bad weather and there sensors go down.
Put in a generator/fuel cell system that starts when the batteries on the sensors get to low and you have 24/7 coverage

that accounts for the fire extinguisher.

There was a pit dug there as you can see the white Caliche hardpan around three sides of the pit and the backhoe was on the 4th side
This Caliche hardpan in the desert is about 2 to 3 feet down and would not be dug up in such large amounts for just pouring a slab.
They dug a large pit and put something underground like a precast concrete vault.

Once in a while one of the camo guys drives a propane truck out there and fills the tank

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Could be a electrical box and fire extinguisher just in case, but they would tell you it is just full of more back up extinguishers lol

are they expecting any fires in the area?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
There may be remote sensors there but i also bet there is a underground vault with a propane generator/propane fuel cell and large fuel tank.

You are seeing a remote power station to charge a battery bank and likely power all the sensor platforms in the area.
Solar has a problem as a few days bad weather and there sensors go down.
Put in a generator/fuel cell system that starts when the batteries on the sensors get to low and you have 24/7 coverage

that accounts for the fire extinguisher.

There was a pit dug there as you can see the white Caliche hardpan around three sides of the pit and the backhoe was on the 4th side
This Caliche hardpan in the desert is about 2 to 3 feet down and would not be dug up in such large amounts for just pouring a slab.
They dug a large pit and put something underground like a precast concrete vault.

Once in a while one of the camo guys drives a propane truck out there and fills the tank

No remote sensors. No underground vault. No propane, unless you can point out the fill tube?
We are seeing a electrical panel, just like there is on your house.

I would love to see your research on the matter. I have worked for the government, and I've worked in the private sector, and I've only seen this type of thing (as depicted by the photos) for electrical panels

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Appears to be an expensive government electrical gadget made by Boeing.. They need fire extinguishers around them so they can put the fire out if the backup battery overheats.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

No remote sensors.

The area is rigged with Qualtron Emid magnetometers. That is how they know the tourists are in the area.
Qual-Tron

They are battery operated. But it is possible they have set up a wired system now.

I have my doubts on a buried propane tank. The BLM/DRI would take a dim view of that. And the fuel truck would be kind of obvious. But I could believe a hard wired system. The problem with battery operation is the camo dudes have to use a bit of caution in changing the batteries. The desert is so fragile that if you keep walking the same path, you will leave a trail, making the sensors detectable.

Bald Mountain gates are convenient to neither the front nor back guard shacks. It is probably the most annoying place for the dudes to secure. Since Bald Mountain has a view of the base, they probably do consider it a bit sensitive.

Then again, I'm not so sure a person on horseback would be detected. ;-)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
In addition to the cameras and other above ground sensors the area is completely surrounded by seismic sensors that can pick up a person walking easily.

The odds of anyone being able to penetrate security around there are extremely low.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Weird about the fire extinguisher. Way out there, in a desert. What would need putting out? If that structure is burning how do you get close enough to the fire to grab the extinguisher?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My God.... it's a Flambooseler Gyrofugal Tambilator....

Quick run for your lives....

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

That was the first thing I thought of, movement sensor's..They would have all he latest toys.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I would assume that the dudes in the trucks have fire extinguishers on board. Since these things are in the middle of nowhere, the fire extinguishers seem like a fools waste of resources.

With what everyone has said so far I think they are shield generators.

I think that whole base is just to keep the UFO researches busy, it is too well known to still house anything of importance. The other option is a very long underground tunnel to bring things in / take things out.

P

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chronicTRE
It is most definitely an electrical panel of some sort. The 2 pieces of conduit going into the ground.

It's feeding what looks to be a decent amount of power, those conduits would hold some thick teck cable, probably a 600a parallel feed.

I agree. No prrof what that black box is, but judging from the girth of those conduits it looks substantial. What direction is it facing in relation to incoming roads. My bet would be more sensitive early warning system for would be conspiracists.

I know we have techie folks here, and maybe I'm naive but wouldn't it be safe to assume that whatever it is it isn't something readily available at Radioshack? After all it is Area 51. The outer casings, could they not be a divertion too?
edit on 5-5-2013 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

LRAD??? To disable intruders????
Fire extinguisher...death ray???
I too thought solar...but it's not angled for optimum sunlight.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Im a Electrical Contractor, The picture does not show a lot of detail but the conduit used is PVC plumbing pipe because of the white color electrical conduit is gray. If the pipe contained electrical cables code would require electrical PVC although the electrical code might not be followed as its at a gov instillation but most likely it would.
It does look like gray PVC a junction box not electrical switch gear with a pipe in and out. My best guess would be its a splice box for low voltage or fiber optic cable possibly with a line voltage feed with if you noticed a smaller cable coming off it to something close by. It was run in a conduit for the longer run so that it would not have to be dug up again to replace cable or add additional ones, Its probably a long run so the pipe is way over sized and it might be placed higher up due to the possibility of the area flooding (is it in a location that could flood ) It looks over built which is typical of government electrical work

edit on 5-5-2013 by unclewall because: typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join