It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Retold by Mom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This video is great, this guys mother had never seen or even heard of The Matrix, so he had her watch it, then explain what happened, he animates to her narrative.

She forgets Morpheus's name and calls him Moshimo

Babies in bubbles

Think she fell asleep before the end!
edit on 2-5-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Totally adorable mum and son. That's awesome.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Man, this is a must see in my next Netflix order. I cannot believe all the action and suspense I have been missing in the Matrix. I guess I had my eyes closed the whole time. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I thought this was great. I saw it on Reddit earlier yesterday.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Awesome video !

Reminds me of my ex-wife, we'd watch a movie then we'd talk about it (right after) and she'd get all the names wrong and the story plot all distorted...

I am sure the son here had a laughing blast putting this together !!

S&F

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Oh, that's just cute. I just told my old man father to see the same film, we'll see if he scores any better! lol.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Funny video. I have to mention though that her intelligence, ability to retain or understand information is quite common.

Something to ponder.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Funny video
I love the matrix films, they're a class above the rest. I was searching around on the dark web and was reading an article I found on the hiddenwiki site, here's a persons thought about what the Matrix is, quite a good read.

WHAT IS THE MATRIX?
In my opinion, The Matrix films provide the best metaphor our society has for understanding why organized evil and oppression are allowed to exist, and so I will use it for this purpose. While my interpretation isn't the only possible one, I believe it to be valid, comprehensive, and most importantly, illustrative of the message I am trying to convey.

So let's begin by discussing what the Matrix is not. The Matrix is not the physical world. As far as I'm concerned, the physical world is actually real and is in fact governed ceaselessly by the laws of physics. Conversely, the Matrix is also not the Internet, despite what many seem to believe. The Matrix spans and transcends both these worlds. It has existed since the dawn of civilization, and it will continue to exist until its collapse.

So then, what is it? Well, that's complicated. Much like in the movie, it's nearly impossible to convey the size and scope of the Matrix to someone who doesn't already see it for what it is. However, unlike the movie, I believe it is an ethical imperative to try to convey it in a literal sense, even to those who are so dependent upon the Matrix that they would fight to protect it. At worst, they won't understand or believe and will continue on about their business. In a sense, I believe Cypher was right to resent Morpheus for what he did, because Morpheus engaged in flat out trickery and deception to free people.

But I digress. The Matrix is the social structure that subordinates Humanity to its will. It is the machinery of society that exists solely to perpetuate itself, its influence, and its power independent of any human need. It insulates us from each other and ourselves through deception, and essentially transforms us into servile engines of economic and political output (power). The machines that live off this power are institutions: large corporations, governments, schools, religious institutions, and even non-profit orgs. Every institution will reach a point in its existence where its primary function becomes self-preservation and perpetuation, instead of serving human need. At this point it becomes a machine of the Matrix. For example, when they become machines, governments cease to serve people and instead seek to extend their power over them; corporations prioritize increasing shareholder value over producing quality products or otherwise serving the public good; schools view students as a means and not an end; religious organizations equate membership with salvation (and actively oppose other teachings and even independent practice); and non-profits and charities spend more budget on fund raising activity than on their original focus. Inevitably all large institutions eventually become machines. They become too big for Humanity.

In addition to the independent self-perpetuating machines that write most of our paychecks, the Matrix has several major cooperative and more actively sinister groups of machines subsisting off of its power and directly contributing to the structure of the Matrix itself. These groups are the Military Industrial Complex, the Political Industrial Complex, the Prison Industrial Complex, the Surveillance Industrial Complex, the Media Industrial Complex, the Academic Industrial Complex, the Agricultural Industrial Complex, the Medical Industrial Complex and the major religious organizations (not to be confused with actual religions, many religious organizations have abandoned the underlying principles of the religions they claim to represent). All machines in these groups either actively oppress humanity, or enable the oppression to persist. It is through their combined efforts that the Matrix takes on some of its more distasteful qualities.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
[mo

ma·trix (mtrks)
n. pl. ma·tri·ces (mtr-sz, mtr-) or ma·trix·es
1. A situation or surrounding substance within which something else originates, develops, or is contained: "Freedom of expression is the matrix, the indispensable condition, of nearly every form of freedom" (Benjamin N. Cardozo).
2. The womb.

Words have meanings.

Toyota Matrix a womb with a view.

Though there is a deeper meaning to the movie then I can say.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

That's one of the main meanings I got out of those movies.. I like to take it further than just physical reality though. In any case thanks for that. Said a lot of things I can't articulate because I see everything as one thing to a large extent..

The video in the OP is both funny, Loving, and even sad. Heh life..

Amazing movies.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Moms should never do jury service

( Please fill in the blank second line)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

what an endearing lady.
i am already looking forward to part 2 of her series of reviews; the matrix reloaded retold.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is hilarious, I cried I was laughing so much... What's his name? Moustache?

top topics

join