It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kris Kross rapper dead at 34.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Explanation:

Kris Kross rapper dead at 34 (Thu, 02 May 2013 9:30 AM) [entertainment.iafrica.com]

Kris Kross rapper Chris Kelly has died aged 34.

The star - who formed one half of the 90s teen hip-hop duo - was found unconscious in his home on Wednesday (1 May), before being pronounced dead at around 5.30pm EST by the Fulton County Medical Examiner's office.

Investigator Betty Honey said an autopsy is likely to reveal the cause of the Jump singer's mysterious death, according to FOX 5 news.

Please visit linked article for the full story.

Kriss Kross - Jump

Personal Disclosure: May he r.i.p.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
RIP Mac Daddy.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
RIP Mac Daddy.

... or was he Daddy Mac?

Either way, props for making the most out of your 15 mins. R.I.P.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Wow, another hip-hop death in Georgia. Is it my imagination, or are they dropping like flies here?

Not surprising, since Atlanta is a hotbed of the hip-hop culture, and has been since I was in school. And trust me, that was a LONG tike ago. I remember we used to gather on the stairs to the basement hallway early in the morning and watch the kids dance. It was a lot of fun. Kept them, and us, out of trouble.

Lot of culture in Atlanta.

And WOW, does it make me feel OLD. My kids loved this kid when this came out.

edit on 2-5-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Has anyone ever done a rap version of
Another one bites the dust

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Just saw on the TV that it was a drug overdose. Imagine that.

I'm sure we'll fly the flag at half mast for him though.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I think we should all wear our clothes backwards for a day to honor his memory.

Rest in peace Chris Kelly.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Has anyone ever done a rap version of
Another one bites the dust

Yes...

RIP Chris Kelly

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
That's wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!

R.I.P. Chris

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I wonder if his clothes were on backwards when they found him

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Just saw on the TV that it was a drug overdose. Imagine that.

I'm sure we'll fly the flag at half mast for him though.
They said ''possible'' overdose, and I'm sure no flags will be in half mast, that was cute. It wasn't like Chris was some hardcore, gangsta rapper, always in trouble. He was a laid back guy, partially due to the fact that he had severe alopecia, and his hair was falling out. It was rumored that it was cancer, but it wasn't. And the guy was going to school to learn how to be a studio engineer. If it was an overdose, so what? The guy still deserves some respect. We know you don't give a crap, but some people do. Elvis is a fricken HERO to a lot of people. For what, I don't know. He died on the crapper and was FULL of all kinds of drugs, yet, he is revered to this day. Imagine that. R.I.P. Chris.
edit on 2-5-2013 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

If it was an overdose, so what? The guy still deserves some respect.

Not really. I can't think of any reason someone dying from a drug overdose (Elvis included) DESERVES my respect.
Any more than someone putting a gun in their mouth does. I feel sad for those he left behind, but no "respect" to him whatsoever. (just my personal opinion).

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If it was an overdose, so what? The guy still deserves some respect.

Not really. I can't think of any reason someone dying from a drug overdose (Elvis included) DESERVES my respect.
Any more than someone putting a gun in their mouth does. I feel sad for those he left behind, but no "respect" to him whatsoever. (just my personal opinion).
Why doesn't he deserve respect? You nor I know the circumstances of his death.And as I stated, or rather questioned in my previous post, SO WHAT? You tell me what conmands respect in death? You have no idea what may have been going on concerning the psyche of this guy. He was truly a troubled soul, as I knew some of his people and I've had a chance to kick it with this dude. I'm a Georgia boy born and bred, and although he was about 9 years younger than myself, dude was very articulate and intelligent. I knew the guy and yeah, you're a mod, but speak on that of which you're familiar with, Grandmaster Mod, and that's with all due respect. And while YOU may not idolize your boy Elvis, MILLIONS do.
edit on 2-5-2013 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I knew the guy and yeah, you're a mod, but speak on that of which you're familiar with, Grandmaster Mod, and that's with all due respect.

Oh, I am quite familiar with suicide...far more than you know. Are you? I've seen the ramifications on those left behind, thanks to a coward's way out, instead of reaching out to others for help, so when I say such folks deserve no respect from me, I know EXACTLY what I'm saying, and why. (and being a mod has NOTHING to do with it). If not intentional, then his irresponsible use of drugs, to the point of death, also garners him zero respect in my eyes. Either way you slice it, no respect from this corner.

By the way, I'm actively counseling two different folks out of suicidal thoughts, so again, quite familiar with the issue.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join