It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Speech Ever Made!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This has probably been posted before, but a friend of mine shared it on his Fb page and I felt compelled to share it with you all.. Sorry if the wrong forum, feel free to move if need be.

Enjoy this powerful speech!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't know FB allowed this type of material

and yes, its been posted plenty but ATS has gives birth everyday and those newborns may not have seen it, so i'm down for a refresher

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Charlie was and incredible person. In the days of silent movies, this is one actor that could really talk if given the opportunity, and he did just that. Sadly, after he did this bit, the government tried to label him as a communist and he had to fight for his good name for the rest of his life.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
doesnt this get hashed out every 6 months on here??? with almost the exact thread title.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AtcGod

Thanks for sharing, makes more sense to me every time I hear it!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
LOVE it every time i see it. thanks!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Awesome bro! Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Its like a fine wine!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, I've been here for 7 years and have never seen that. It moved me. Thanks OP

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Fantastic Speech, indeed.

Alas, NOTHING has changed in the 70+ years, since.

(despite most people's best intentions)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why can't Presidents or Prime ministers deliver a speech like that, that delivers hope! Hope is what we need to survive in this world. Hope, is the reason why we wake up everyday and work and all..We always hope for change..

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
When we hear something like this said in the 'cathedrals of power', we might just start to get somewhere as species.....But it won't happen under capitalism, ever, it's just not profitable.

+S&F!

edit on 2-5-2013 by squarehead666 because: s&p

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I agree that it was a great speech. And the truth is that if everyone practiced what Mr. Chaplin proposed in this movie, we would not have all the problems we do today. We would not need huge reforms of the government to end corruption, because corruption would not exist if everyone had a conscience and obeyed a moral law. A legal law is not enough to deter those without a moral compass.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
now just think if we could have presidential candidate give a similar speech... how far into it do think he would get before the camera feed would be cut?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasSeabee

He'd get to say all of it in the election. And then do exactly none of it when in office!

Sound familiar at all? And I do not just mean Obama here folks!

edit on 2-5-2013 by squarehead666 because: clarity

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Interesting fact, the Great Dictator, where this speech came from, was the first film in which Charlie Chaplin spoke. What an amazing way to actually go off in his first speaking film!

Amazing speech...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I actually saw this movie on Charlie's birthday!

Wonderful movie, the Great Dictator, and the speech has more relevance than it did 70 years ago!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well.... a little known fact about Charlie Chaplin.... he was in fact a Peadophile, (well actually, technically, an ephebophile) but he would have been labeled as a Paedophile in most American states....... which begs the question....

Just how good at what you do do you need to be for being a peadophile to be ignored/accepted???

Also... Elvis Presly... Peadophile....He started his relationship with Priscilla when she was only 14 years old!! Yes, you heard that right people... 14... but again... he was "The King"... so this is rarely mentioned....

Again.. I ask the question.. how good do you need to be at what you do for you being a peadophile to be acceptable??

Disgusting...

PA

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Since I have not been a member long I have never seen this, it is excellent. Amazing how the words of this man so many years ago sound as if they are from 2013. I believe the feelings of human compassion it evokes is an emotion that is drowned out by power money and ego, specifecally in humans that are sociopaths which equals the majority of the federal governing bodies.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Again.. I ask the question.. how good do you need to be at what you do for you being a peadophile to be acceptable??

Disgusting...

Like, say... a high ranking official of the catholic church?

BOOM.

[Yeah, I went there]

edit on 5/3/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join