It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Bin Laden's Body Not Buried At Sea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

I haven't even asked them about it. Until now I haven't really had a reason to. I usually pay more attention to the things they have to say about the areas that I know a lot more in (I'm not as up on the Seal operations and Navy stuff as I am aviation).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

I haven't even asked them about it. Until now I haven't really had a reason to. I usually pay more attention to the things they have to say about the areas that I know a lot more in (I'm not as up on the Seal operations and Navy stuff as I am aviation).

Gotcha, hope you will update if they will tell you what they think.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'll nose around a little bit and see if they'd be willing to say anything. If they do, and they give the ok to post it, then I'll add it here. They don't always talk about things though, so no promises.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Are you a disinformation agent ?!? Sometimes I see posts that do not make any sense or spew such wrong logic that I can only attribute it to intentional deception as the alternative would be to put those that take the time to write such tripes in the in the classification of (un)useful morons...

Strategic Forecasting, Inc. (Stratfor) is a global intelligence company and the quoted, indeed private citizen now has not only access to information the general public does not have but his curriculum makes him privy to the US modus operandi, so how do you equate that with:

his unfounded speculation is of no more value than mine or yours.

It makes no sense that you took the time to make such a nonsensical remark, especially considering that you are in a site that a) disdains government and mainstream media propaganda b) intrinsically recognizes alternative media and information sources (like Wikileaks) as better sources to let us know what is going on.

Now...

Just because you found something in Wikileaks doesn't make it true, or "official" in any sense of the word.

The OP clearly put official in quotes and the meaning was clearly to indicate that the source was an insider. I do not see your point beyond an attempt to erode the the quality of the source (Wikileaks) and the person quoted in a very deceptive way. You could just post your opinion on those...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

No, they really don't always. This was pure speculation with no evidence on their part. This is from the same company (I think even the same person) that said after the Cold War ended in 1989 Japan was going to become a major power in the Pacific, and we were going to fight them again.

The same guy that claimed the head of a Chinese bank fled the country with tons of money, when the person in question is still in China, and still head of the bank in question. Read some of my posts and the quoted/linked articles. Stratfor is a joke in the intelligence community, that has been shown to lie, use rumors, and teach employees to bilk customers for all the money they can.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Obama bin dead since Benizir Bhuto said he was dead
dead like the navy seal they just arkencided
www.abovetopsecret.com...
dead men (and women ) tell no tales

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Your right..... there is NOTHING to say about this one.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Except there is zero evidence he was on the raid. He was Seal Team 4 commander, not Seal Team 6. There's nothing to say he was ever part of DEVGRU (and that article is majorly misleading).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Fox news is a little slow to be reporting this since it was over a year ago this information came out.

But it's always nice for others to catch up.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Except there is zero evidence he was on the raid. He was Seal Team 4 commander, not Seal Team 6. There's nothing to say he was ever part of DEVGRU (and that article is majorly misleading).

I noticed that every time something happens to any Seal Team member people immediately think it's the Seal that had something to do with the Bin Laden raid. Although I think the ones killed in a helicopter crash or a shoot down were from Seal Team Six. Or maybe not who knows... Hard to believe anything on TV nowadays.
edit on 1-5-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I respect your opinions Zaphod
I will keep my eye out for more determinant info
thanks

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Again I do not see you point beyond the opinion that you regard Stratfor as having no credibility...

I do not particularly know the history of the firm but am commenting only on the way people write things, in that regard look at how you wrote the above opinion and I out of hand can state that you probably are incorrect (my opinion)...

pure speculation with no evidence on their part.

Now if they had evidence two things would have happened, they would have started legal action on it or use it to their advantage (leverage).

What I wrote above is that their pure speculation should have at least better grounds that most of us that do not have the same background or business interested on the area of global intelligence. The damage in their being intentionally or unintentional inept would be more prejudicial to them than to any of us...

It is like I stating that NASA mission to the moon did not occur as portrayed and for instance Robert Bigelow stating the same. The "speculation" would not be at the same level...

In any case I could see some validity in the claim that:

after the Cold War ended in 1989 Japan was going to become a major power in the Pacific, and we were going to fight them again.

That is the trouble with predictions, but go back to 1989 and look into the 90's and the way Japan economic power took over the US (look at the movie studios for instance), you could even look back and see what steps prevented the rising sun to shine...

If you follow the intelligence community you know pretty well that not all that is stated is factual and not all facts are stated...

edit on 1-5-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

No, they really don't always. This was pure speculation with no evidence on their part. This is from the same company (I think even the same person) that said after the Cold War ended in 1989 Japan was going to become a major power in the Pacific, and we were going to fight them again.

According to his Wikipedia page he has a pretty impressive resume. But then again it's Wikipedia we are talking about.

Fred Burton is Stratfor's vice president for intelligence,[1][2] and describes himself as "one of the world's foremost experts on security, terrorists and terrorist organizations."[3][4] Burton was a special agent with the U.S. Diplomatic Security Service (DSS). Burton was U.S. DSS attaché to the Pan Am 103 crash investigation.[5] Burton was also appointed by Washington to assist in the investigation of the assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. He is the former deputy chief of the counterterrorism division of the U.S. State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service. Mr. Burton also investigated the killing of Rabbi Meir Kahane; the al Qaeda New York City bombing plots before the September 11 attacks; and the Libyan-backed terrorist attacks against diplomats in Sana'a and Khartoum. He was involved in the arrest of Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993. Burton is the author of a memoir, Ghost: Confessions of a Counterterrorism Agent, published by Random House in 2008,[3] and Chasing Shadows: A Special Agent's Lifelong Hunt to Bring a Cold War Assassin to Justice, published by Palgrave Macmillan in 2011.[4] Burton was appointed to the Texas Border Security Council on September 11, 2007 by Governor Rick Perry.[6] In August 2009 he was hired as the Texas Department of Public Safety's Assistant Director for Intelligence and Counter-Terrorism but left after 2 months to pursue his writing and speaking career.

EDIT:
Oops, I didn't see that Panic2k11 already posted this.
edit on 1-5-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The same guy that claimed the head of a Chinese bank fled the country with tons of money, when the person in question is still in China, and still head of the bank in question. Read some of my posts and the quoted/linked articles. Stratfor is a joke in the intelligence community, that has been shown to lie, use rumors, and teach employees to bilk customers for all the money they can.

Well now I'd say Stratfor is just like the CIA by that description. All legends and tall tales with little track record to show success or reason for faith in outcome. I've heard it said the CIA could screw up a Pizza order and then disappear the delivery guy to insure no one ever knows. After all...they could tell ya, but then .....

Seriously... I've been a long time fan and follower of Strafor data, particularly before Anonymous made monkeys out of them and they lost a good deal of the trust they had managed to build (limited as it was). I think they do a good job for a very experienced set of people ......using almost exclusively open source material they simply get at a far greater volume than normal and with (sometimes) better insights to what it all means than.. say.... The Wikipedia.

I really do like their Naval Deployment maps though, when I can find a recent one. A few things, they really are fairly good at..even after their name became untrustable mud across a good many circles.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
He died in Tora Bora or sometime immediately after the invasion.If the events in Abbottabad really did happen then why not post the pics? This is the kind of stuff that would have had the public eating outta the President's hand.
edit on 093131p://4026 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

They were, but DEVGRU is made up of a lot of teams. There are four squadrons, each made up of three troops, which are then split into the individual teams (I think they are split into three to four teams per troop). The ones on the helicopter were from one of the other squadrons.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not trying to say that Stratfor is completely incompetent, or useless, but it had been repeatedly shown that they use methods other than they claim, and do basic research, and use questionable information to give to their clients. And then try to get more money out of their clients for bad information. Their own emails show this, and other people in the Intel community have said they are a great example of how NOT to ruin an Intel company.

Their higher UPS might have quite a resume, but most of their analysts, who do a lot of the actual work, are fresh out of school, or couldn't get jobs other places. They can't get experienced analysts due to what they pay, and they offer. When you have a bunch of inexperienced analysts, you're not going to have good information.

Do they have access to some info we don't? I'm sure they do, but they apparently aren't using it in their analysis of many situations. There have been a number of less than satisfied customers, I have heard, Just because someone claims they have access to "classified sources" and is an intelligence organization on par with the CIA doesn't mean they actually are (I've had several sources not pan out this way).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Are you a disinformation agent ?!?

Yeah, I guess, whatever. The guy calling a private citizen speculating over email an "official" is telling the truth, the person pointing it out is a disinformation agent. And your emperor's new clothes are just lovely.

The OP clearly put official in quotes and the meaning was clearly to indicate that the source was an insider.

That's debatable, but I don't care. The guy isn't an official, he isn't an insider, he isn't a member of the club. He's a media "expert" who sells his opinion and the authority that comes with his history (such as it is or may be construed).* What he's saying here is clearly his own opinion and not based on any facts attributed to any source outside his own mind.

* From his executive biography:

Burton has been featured as a terrorism and security expert in numerous media outlets, including ABC Nightly News, CBS Evening News, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Daily Show, NBC's The Today Show, CBS's The Early Show, CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, NPR, Al Jazeera English, FOX News and the Financial Times.

He's been on The Daily Show, he must be an insider in the covert action community!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Interesting that the remains of the 9/11 victims were also sent to Dover Air Force base.

Undoubtedly so they could be examined by state of the art technology.

Not exactly. They were dumped in a landfill.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

There is absolutely no proof they even killed the guy in the first place. I never believed they did.

How many of the SEAL team that "killed" him is still alive today? Hasn't all or most of them died?

Saw a post on here earlier (didn't read it) where one committed suicide?!?!

With the mental toughness you need to even become a SEAL it seems strange to me one would commit suicide.
not saying he didn't but to me it sounds out of character.

Seems like if you get rid of the group that killed him and dumped the body you have zero chance the truth could come back to bite you in they backside.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join