It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Obamacare’ Poll Finds 42% of Americans Unaware It’s Law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
If "they" are so concerned with our health system in America and people's ability to get health care, why is it that healthy, non-GMO foods are being made illegal? Why are the big corporate interests trying to make water a private commodity? Why are nutritional supplements being banned? Why are the big pharma companies pushing pills instead of a healthy lifestyle? Why are corporations allowed to pollute and destroy the environment?

There are many diseases that can be prevented or reversed if people eat healthier foods and get regular exercise, but the government and big business would rather push GMOs, pills and deadly cancer treatments while allowing the world to be raped and become toxic by big business.

Obviously this is not a health issue.

Because everything they do is about CONTROL. They want to control every single aspect of everyone's life.

Except what happens in the bedroom of course.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Actually, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins did vote for it, but they always vote with the Democrats. I wish they would just switch parties officially instead of pretending.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I think the issue of pre-existing conditions was a tool the Progressives used to draw people into supporting the plan and making people think this was going to be of real benefit to most if not all people. What good is it if services are going to be cut and rationing used to control costs?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander
(noted)I don't see any other solutions. I am partially disabled as are both of my parents, I am a college student with no other means of insurance. ACA will give me the care I deserve. Sorry you don't feel like helping your fellow American's please try to find another country with a system as messed up as America's current healthcare system...Protip you can't, because most industrialized countries have done the right thing and move to universal healthcare. Get used to it.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

I support Obamacare to the extent that it's better than what we previously had. However it is by no means a good system. What was originally proposed was actually very good, it was a single payer system. Due to several changes to try and make it bipartisan (which ultimately failed despite the promised votes after the changes were made) what we were instead left with is a giant giveaway to insurance companies. The system is very bad, but no one wants to make a better one. The Democrats will never admit that Obamacare is a failure and try again while the Republicans are ideologically opposed to the types of systems which work in every other developed nation on Earth.

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Couple issues there...
1. The Republican who ran on the repeal platform and lost also had the stigma of having been responsible for passing a law similar to Obamacare in MA. I don't think all of us were confident in his dedication to repealing the law.
2. Again, as more Americans realize election have consequences they will (hopefully) begin to also start using their brain inside the voting booth. That may be high hopes, considering the majority of Americans have recently demonstrated a serious lack of brain activity when voting... but hey, now that consequences are beginning to reveal themselves, anything is possible.
3. You've heard my option, repeal it. That you consider the option to be untennable doesn't really change the fact that it is a viable option and is the most uniformly fair option out there. Certainly continuing down this path of expecting the haves to fully support the have nots isn't going to float forever.

Elections aren't about single issues. Romneys solution to Obamacare was worse than leaving it in place, and even if he had an actual good system laid out and would be willing to enact it, there's many more issues he's competing with to try and make himself look like the right candidate, and a correct answer on one of them doesn't mean he's the better person to run the country. Abortion, gay rights, foreign policy, the economy, the education bubble and associated student loan crisis, housing issues, the pathetic state of detroit, fracking, offshore drilling, nuclear energy, nuclear waste, geothermal energy, solar power, wind power, hydro power, no child left behind, NDAA, patriot act, guantanamo, TSA powers, homeland security, the second amendment, syria, drone programs, the defense budget, banks that are too big to fail, and many more. These are just the ones off the top of my head.

Romney had a lot of poor answers.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
either side of the issue will favor the oligarchs.

I liked things as they were before Obama care, but it did suck seeing my parents struggle because they do not have health insurance.

My father almost went blind because he coudln't get his cataracts fixed, luckily a doctor took pity on him and did the operation for free, I just helped pay the hospital visit.

I don't know how many other people are in that situation but it would sure suck to be there.

I think it could work however you would be asking many industries to lower their quality of life for the greater good of everyone, but it is very hard for some people to give up mansions, private jets and more money than they can spend in a lifetime.

I am not even talking about a doctor or joe schmoe paying more taxes. I am talking about the people who jack up the prices for everything and anythign having to do with healthcare.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Also an alarming number of Americans who think the United States is a Christian nation, that the Earth is 9000 years old, that humans and dinosaurs coexisted and that the 2nd ammendment doesn't contain the words "well regulated".

Many Americans care more about their favorite football team than the economy. Many Americans believe Jesus taught homosexuality as a sin. Many Americans believe cooking with lard three times a week is good.

Americans are just about the dumbest lot there is. I love my country very much, but I am very ashamed at times when I realize how utterly ignorant, selfish and stubborn those around me are.

I suppose every country deals with this to some extent.

Recently, the US resembles an Al Qaeda camp. It's ok to give 4 year olds guns, but don't ler them ride in a car without a seatbelt!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join