It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Station Uses Fake Footage Of West TX Explosion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think this is a hoax someone made to make the MSM look bad.
If you saw the actual footage of the West, TX explosion, then you'd immediately realize that the news segment was wrong, but it just so happens that someone was able to recall that the footage was actually from the PECON 1988 explosion?
Just seems a little far fetched to me.
And if you think the news simply used the wrong footage because it was better than the actual footage, you obviously haven't seen the real video which shows the enormous explosion, not just a large fire. At least two videos of the explosion were posted on YT so there shouldn't have been an issue with the news channel obtaining the video.

All this leads me to believe it's a hoax.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by canselmi
I think this is a hoax someone made to make the MSM look bad.
If you saw the actual footage of the West, TX explosion, then you'd immediately realize that the news segment was wrong, but it just so happens that someone was able to recall that the footage was actually from the PECON 1988 explosion?
Just seems a little far fetched to me.
And if you think the news simply used the wrong footage because it was better than the actual footage, you obviously haven't seen the real video which shows the enormous explosion, not just a large fire. At least two videos of the explosion were posted on YT so there shouldn't have been an issue with the news channel obtaining the video.

All this leads me to believe it's a hoax.

Many of us have seen actual footage of the explosion. We are simply discussing this broadcast that was aired.

Can you please provide the other (or real) news cast you are speaking of.
edit on 1-5-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Whatever the reason is irrelevant, the point is it's NOT REAL!!
They are supposed to tell/show the truth!
If they are allowed to show fake footage and pass it off as real then where does it end?
There is NO excuse!

The last time we had such obvious fakery was the moon landings

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

So what, does a Danish news show accidentally using a render of Damascus from Assassin's Creed automatically mean Damascus isn't real? Or the incident in which the United Nations Security Council logo was accidentally swapped with the emblem of the UNSC (United Nations Space Command) from Halo, does that indicate some kind of sinister conspiracy too?

It's a simple mistake, and the person who made it is probably already looking for a new job. Nobody is infallible, let alone a group of people like a news station.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by VoidHawk

So what, does a Danish news show accidentally using a render of Damascus from Assassin's Creed automatically mean Damascus isn't real? Or the incident in which the United Nations Security Council logo was accidentally swapped with the emblem of the UNSC (United Nations Space Command) from Halo, does that indicate some kind of sinister conspiracy too?

It's a simple mistake, and the person who made it is probably already looking for a new job. Nobody is infallible, let alone a group of people like a news station.

A mistake? Possibly, but personally I doubt it. Go on to youtube and have a look at the HUNDREDS maybe thousands of clips of fake news that was presented as real news.

If as you suggest it WAS a mistake maybe they ought to say SORRY FOLKS, WE MESSED UP.
If as you suggest it WAS a mistake, then why should anyone be looking for a new job? after all, it was a mistake.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here is the link to the news station's youtube site. At around 1:46 they cut to footage they say they obtained from youtube. It is indeed the wrong footage.

Here is the link to the youtube footage they used. The uploader mislabeled the video as the explosion in West, TX.

I think this is nothing more that the news station getting duped by youtube.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join