It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cigar Thread~

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I've heard that ordering online is the cheapest way to go, I honestly have not tried the online shoping of Cigars yet... I've researched them online but no purchases as of yet.... I've only noticed a small $ increment difference on price when buying online.

@ HomerinNC / ROFL stale Cigars are the worst
If I purchase a Cigar that is stale 9/10 I'll go back to the shop I purchased that nasty stale pos and let them know they sold me garbage... Normally results in them giving me a new cigar

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I know quite a few people that liked Partagas but personally I wasn't a fan of them. Cream De Jamacia put out a double maduro about 41-42 years ago that was outstanding but they discontinued it. Several of the Mexican cigars are quite impressive though TE-AMO is not one of them in my book. Onyx is a good cigar and not overly priced and worth a try if you haven't had one.

Cigars have two major benefits that many Aficionado's miss. A fine cigar will keep 100% of the mosquitoes away and most people, perfect. Nothing like enjoying a fine cigar and not being bothered unless by another cigar enjoying friend.

About 30 years ago I found the best use for a Swisher Sweet...lighting firecrackers!

edit on 4/30/2013 by pstrron because: grammer

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I think it was the cigar itself, of course you hear CUBAN CIGAR, and wanna taste whats not allowed, the 'forbidden fruit', and was let down. I'll stick to Dominicans lol

Yes I agree stale stoogies are the worst, I've had the SAME pack of Trader Jacks in my humidor for 4 months now, I rem,oisten my humidor monthly so they stay nice and fresh

Thompson Cigar Co is a GREAT source to online order, my buddy and I ordered from them many a time, and was NEVER disappointed, thats where I got my humidor from.
edit on 4/30/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I had one swisher sweet years ago, NEVER AGAIN lol

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Cigars have two major benefits that many Aficionado's miss. A fine cigar will keep 100% of the mosquitoes away and most people, perfect. Nothing like enjoying a fine cigar and not being bothered unless be another cigar enjoying friend.

ROFL
I never knew that Cigar's keep the mosquitoes away (Awesome).... The people is just hilarious... I have ran into a lot of females that actually "Love" the smell of a quality Cigar and come up asking if they can take a couple puffs.... Odd yes but very cool none the less

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'd be lying if I didn't say..... I want that forbidden fruit! Yes, Please! Mother, may I have another!

Thompson Cigar Co is a GREAT source

Awesome great to know! I mostly just go to the vendor pages as I thought buying direct from the manufacturer was cheaper but worth the browse!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I have ran into a lot of females that actually "Love" the smell of a quality Cigar and come up asking if they can take a couple puffs

My humidor is not safe around my wife, she likes to "borrow" my finest cigars. Funny how they never return...Honey, have you seen my Romeo? Puff Puff, no haven't seen it

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

ROFL! Epic! No hun, haven't seen it.... As the smell of a well roasted cigar permiates from her very essence

Classic~

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Our own Mblahnikluvr smoked stoogies....

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
My hubby and I enjoy a few cigars per month. I have two discretionary funds - one for Agent Provocateur and one for Liga Privada. I don't seem to get flack for either. ;-)

Here in New Orleans there are a few places you can go to watch them handroll cigars. The quality isn't anything to write home about, but it smells great and fun to watch. Reminds me of being in Cuba - for missionary work, of course.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

Well now... I would have never pictured you as the occasional Cigar smoker.... AWESOME! Very cool that you and your hubby enjoy them together! And the art of rolling a Cigar is very captivating to watch as that person in my opinion has "Skills"
Thanks for sharing Radar!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Well now... I would have never pictured you as the occasional Cigar smoker.... AWESOME! Very cool that you and your hubby enjoy them together! And the art of rolling a Cigar is very captivating to watch as that person in my opinion has "Skills"
Thanks for sharing Radar!

Yep. Love 'em. I have a briar Old Boy lighter, a cocobolo Xikar cutter and a really hot new humidor from Downeast Boxes.

One of the guys at New Orleans Cigar Factory let me try to roll one a few months ago. He just watched me and laughed while my husband made dirty "box pressed" comments.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

ROFL! Yea.... I'd do the same to my fiance if I was watching her trying to roll a cigar~ To funny

So what are your favorite Cigar's that you would recommend?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

ROFL! Yea.... I'd do the same to my fiance if I was watching her trying to roll a cigar~ To funny

So what are your favorite Cigar's that you would recommend?

Too many to list, but the one I've enjoyed more than anything over the past six months has been the Feral Flying Pig. One of my girlfriends has been raving about one called My Uzi Weighs a Ton. It's on my list. I mostly stick with top 100 list stuff (let someone else figure out what's good) and with Liga Privada. We also have quite a bit of Cuban stuff on hand. Smoked a vintage RoyTan of my dad's last month. It's a dime store stick, but it was tasty.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It's a dime store stick, but it was tasty

I've heard that some of the most expensive cigars aren't worth the price and some of the cheapest cigars can trump the most expensive as well...

Thank you for the recommendations.... Though I haven't heard of the Cigars you stated I will most likely try and hunt them down and give it a go myself!

I have found myself leaning more towards Dominican's as of late.... I was able to try a Cuban 1x and was not that impressed.... But we've been talking here about how the Cuban Quality has gone down because of the popularity...

What do you think? Are Cuban's worth there weight?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It's a dime store stick, but it was tasty

I've heard that some of the most expensive cigars aren't worth the price and some of the cheapest cigars can trump the most expensive as well...

Thank you for the recommendations.... Though I haven't heard of the Cigars you stated I will most likely try and hunt them down and give it a go myself!

I have found myself leaning more towards Dominican's as of late.... I was able to try a Cuban 1x and was not that impressed.... But we've been talking here about how the Cuban Quality has gone down because of the popularity...

What do you think? Are Cuban's worth there weight?

If you get the right Cubans they're worth it. You can't get the right Cuban's stateside though.

Plenty of great cigars that are easily available though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join