It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I pay attention to Sagittarius or Capricorn horoscopes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Something I've wondered about for awhile now... I was born on December 29th, but I was about 3 weeks late. My horoscope always seems to be hit or miss, and when it's a miss Sagittarius seems to be the "hit".

I don't put a bunch of faith into horoscopes, truthfully, but it's something I do read anyways. I just figure that I'll finally inquire about how the rules work.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My best suggestion is to get your full natal horoscope done...It will give you the most accurate horoscope based on things like your exact location of birth, your exact time of birth and it will tell you where the stars where in that particular place and time.

I don't put alot into just reading the standard sun sign crap in the back of cosmo..that stuff and stuff like it is bunk in my mind. But to respond directly to your OP...you were born exactly when you were supposed to be born...so I'd say you are a Capricorn, however your ascendant and houses play a large role in your horoscope...it is possible your ascendant is a fire sign, like Sagittarius/Leo/Aries and in that case it would also explain why you feel like you fit better with Sag...true horoscopes are a bit more complicated than they first seem to appear.

Hope that helps!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Something I've wondered about for awhile now... I was born on December 29th, but I was about 3 weeks late. My horoscope always seems to be hit or miss, and when it's a miss Sagittarius seems to be the "hit".

I don't put a bunch of faith into horoscopes, truthfully, but it's something I do read anyways. I just figure that I'll finally inquire about how the rules work.

You're Sagittarius. I have a friend who was born Dec 30th, and he's no Capricorn, let me tell you. Total Sag. Astrology can't predict anything, but it can help you with understanding what your predilections might be in a given situation. The rule has become to dial back one Sun Sign, but I've heard some controversy concerning how this affects the rest of a Natal Chart. As for my own way of dealing with that, I combine a basic Sun Sign overview with a full Chaldean Numberscope. That usually gives me enough when trying to get a base line on someone that I'm just starting to get a handle on.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Hello Earthscum.

The entire basis and foundation for modern astrology and horoscopes is completely wrong.

The Hellenistic Greco-Romans introduced a system of a 'fixed' and repeating zodialogical system. However, they did not account for the heliocentric model of our solar system and opted for the geocentric theory instead.

Because modern astrology uses a fixed zodiac, we often see a MAJOR problem! The actual position of the Sun and other bodies during birth often times does not match what the modern horoscopes say.

To get your zodiac sign right, you must look at the actual position of the sun on your birth.

I have a very good astronomy app, and if you want, I could tell you which zodiac sign the Sun sat in when you were born. I only need the date, month, and year.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

Dec. 29th, 1975, I can't find my BC or I could tell you the time, too. I remember it was almost 1, but not sure if it was AM or PM.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The sun was positioned at the neck/shoulder of the constellation Sagittarius during your birth. The sun did not go into Capricorn until January 25, 1976.

edit on 28-4-2013 by Kgnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow

The sun was positioned at the neck/shoulder of the constellation Sagittarius during your birth. The sun did not go into Capricorn until January 25, 1976.

edit on 28-4-2013 by Kgnow because: (no reason given)

Kgnow, what a fabulous software graphic that is! I would love to know what program that is....it would be awesome to use that as a tool in my workings!

As far as astrology goes for me, I taught myself my own method by using current celestial positions that are right here, right now. I don't put much into natal astrology. Where the planets, sun, moon, and even certain constellations, and thier aspects that may / or may not, have significance to the current moment.

I leanerned many years ago how to read a basic chart, & yes, depending on where you may fall on that wheel may have an effect on how the heavens may be influencing you, as an individual, in a different way than anothers, but when we face it, the current celestial positions have an effect on everyone, should they chose to acknowledge & learn why reactions to events may be different from day to day, minute to minute.

The day, place, & moment you were born, the heavens may have pre-programed your personality, but time goes on, things change as we live. There are also alot of other variables, such as what sign was ascending, descending, and opposing your birth sign at that moment.

My motto is to look at the aspects today. This is what will influence you right here & now.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

First, you have to get past this little nugget......as Kgnow said in a post above.....

For instance, those born between March 21 and April 19 consider themselves to be Aries. Today, the Sun is no longer within the constellation of Aries during much of that period. From March 11 to April 18, the Sun is actually in the constellation of Pisces! (Figure 2) See also Figure 3, which demonstrates the precession of the equinoxes from 600 BCE to 2600.

Your "Real Sign"

The table below lists the dates when the Sun is actually within the astronomical constellations of the Zodiac, according to modern constellation boundaries and corrected for precession (these dates can vary a day from year to year).

You will most likely find that once precession is taken into account, your zodiac sign is different. And if you were born between November 29 and December 17, your sign is actually one you never saw in the newspaper: you are an Ophiuchus! The eliptic passes through the constellation of Ophiuchus after Scorpius.

Astrology: Why Your Zodiac Sign and Horoscope Is Wrong
edit on 28-4-2013 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A wizard is never late, he comes precisely when intended... i was born early and i came to the world when i was intended to come here... you should pay attention to your intuition instead of superstition

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
I just figure that I'll finally inquire about how the rules work.

What rules? It is all just made up, there are no rules.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonSage

Kgnow, what a fabulous software graphic that is! I would love to know what program that is....it would be awesome to use that as a tool in my workings!

Greetings MoonSage!

The software is a smart-device app called "Star Walk". I enjoy it very much. It is very user-friendly and has many wonderful features for learning and discovery.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow
reply to post by MoonSage

Greetings MoonSage!

The software is a smart-device app called "Star Walk". I enjoy it very much. It is very user-friendly and has many wonderful features for learning and discovery.

Thanks, Kgnow! I'm going to check into that.

new topics

top topics

join