It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell to the Possum [George Jones]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Today Another Legend In Country Music has passed on. The world Bids Farewell to George Jones today, His music has left its mark and will stand the test of time.

You will be remember by many both young and old, as your music has touched many.

www.cnn.com...

''Who's Gonna Fill YOUR Shoe's"!!

edit on 26-4-2013 by Pegasus2000 because: Added Links

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on Sat Apr 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Apr 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added George Jones to the title

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
He did indeed leave quite a mark on this ole world with his sombre reflections of life, love and drinking. He also had his own style that many have emulated. Peace to his family and loved ones.

RIP George

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The broke the mold....that voice!!!

I know some of his songs made a big impression on me....Country Music loses a great one...
NYT obit

In his last years, Mr. Jones found himself upholding a traditional sound that had largely disappeared from commercial country radio. “They just shut us off all together at one time,” he said in a 2012 conversation with the photographer Alan Mercer. “It’s not the right way to do these things. You just don’t take something as big as what we had and throw it away without regrets.

“They don’t care about you as a person,” he added. “They don’t even know who I am in downtown Nashville.”

join