It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so my where i live there it's referred as an area of "disease cluster"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
well this is my first ever post so i suppose i'll start off by saying howdy ya'lll k enough formalities,
in the county i live there is an unusually high percent of cancer cases,the reason for said ailments as of currently are unknown some,theories have been thrown around like:pesticides or mosquitos,
now i find it a bit odd that no one has considered the fact that there is a radioactive dumpsite in our county
now this is a cause for concern since where i live is "california's heart of agriculture" there's alot of friggin crops around here and we ship 'em all over the place (also the reason why pesticides is a contender for the mysterious ailments)

"It happened all in less than a year's time. Upwards of 14 children were diagnosed in the mid '80's. Several children died".
"The cancer cluster peaked in the early 1990's. County, state and federal health departments investigated. Air, water, soil and even indoor dust were all tested. The conclusion was that none had unusual levels leading to cancer"

"McFarland is home to the West's best known cancer cluster" "Mysterious Cancer Clusters Leave Anxiety in 3 Towns" "the killer is not a man but a disease, one that struck with a vengeance for reasons that California's brightest scientists cannot explain"

Democratic U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer testified before a Senate committee on July 25, 2000: “When I learned that the Corps had disposed of 2,200 tons of radioactive waste at an unlicensed hazardous waste facility in Buttonwillow, California, I was shocked. The facility sits atop aquifers that supply water to the Central Valley of California.”Since the Manhattan Project controversy, the facility’s permit has been tightened. Yet the landfill’s current permit states that it may accept naturally occurring radioactive materials at low concentrations.

by the way just because they have currently only have permission to dump " low concentration" doesn't mean they do most of this info is haaaaaaard as hell to find i had to search hours and hours and the only really significant quote seems to be the last one but well i attempted to provide as much backing as i could sorry if i overdid it or lacked in any area

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
btw i ran into this and found it intresting

The government is poised to allow nuclear power generators to use ordinary landfill sites for dumping "hundreds of thousands of tons" of waste in an attempt to reduce the £73bn cost of decommissioning old reactors.

The move has triggered a swath of applications around the country from big corporations trying to cash in on this potential new business, but infuriated local councils and campaign groups.

The issue of waste is critical to the government as the stockpile is potentially much greater than previously thought and ministers are keen to encourage the power industry to build a new generation of reactors. Actions being considered by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)

not sure if it went through but the very idea seems a bit well stupid.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
ohh crap barely noticed i posted this in disinfo i'm sorry like previously stated i'm new to posting things here i'll learn from my mistakes so if anyone can give me any constructive criticism so that i can avoid any other errors/flaws in my thread i'd greatly appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ghoul138

No worries the mods will move it if necessary.This is a worrying trend,in my opinion,or,should be,for people living in countries that dump a lot of waste,due to many reactors and massive industry.Call me overcautious on this issue,but i don't think even low-grade waste,any toxic waste should be dumped anywhere near human populations-and definitely not near water aquifers and sources.S+f for you,and welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

there have been cases of radioactive waste being dumped in normal landfills but what they're proposing would just make it legal,i don't think it's overcautious radioactivity is a hell of a substence it'll contaminate the earth around it,it can get into animals/plants and in effect affect us too,you know when the earthquake in japan happened they talked about how they were using tons (i don't recall the exact number) of seawater per hour to cooldown the reactors AND that water was being released into the ocean,so basically we have a bunch of radiated water which in turn means radiated organisms radiation survives a long time longer than we'll even be on this earth i believe that we will be seeing (and possibly feeling) the consequencees of those actions in the coming years,i also found it curious how they mentioned the whole water being used to cool the reactors thing at first and stopped talking about it very quickly

top topics

join