It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'spy' Timothy Hallet Tracy detained in Venezuela

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

US 'spy' Timothy Hallet Tracy detained in Venezuela

www.bbc.co.uk

The authorities in Venezuela have detained a United States citizen they accuse of being an intelligence agent.

Interior Minister Miguel Rodriguez Torres said Timothy Hallet Tracy had directed funds towards student protests after the disputed presidential elections earlier this month.

He said Mr Tracy was trying to destabilise the country with the goal of starting a civil war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
USA Today
Fox News
edit on 25-4-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The other night I was on Twitter and it erupted with a bunch of tweets from Venezuelans saying that Capriles was behind a rash of violence following the recent close election. There were so many tweets that the hashtag
#CaprilesFascistaAsesino #CaprilesFascistMurderer was trending worldwide.

Twitter Search #CaprilesFascistMurderer

The tweets allege that US-backed armed groups are destroying health centers and sabotaging power plants. Apparently there have reportedly been 10 deaths, including two children, and many injured. The US media is calling these "protests" by the opposition. The "opposition" being Caprile and his right wing groups who lost the election.

Ronald Barrios ‏@ronaldbf11492

#CaprilesFascistaAsesino Capriles sent his fascist groups to burn and destroy health centers

☭ Miguel E Castillo ‏@miguelecas

#CaprilesFascistaAsesino #CaprilesFascistMurderer Opposition leaders pro US are also fascist. they ordered to sabotage power plants

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-4-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wouldn't be the first time, the last US backed coup over there failed miserably - and was ironically one the reason Chaves was so popular... There's a really good documentary on it made by a TV crew who got caught up in it, can't remember the name though so that factoid is no use to anyone....

Wow I found it:

Something I started wondering as I watched the latest (terrible) Die Hard movie is, at what point does "espionage" become "terrorism"?
edit on 25-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Does not surprise me. The sole purpose of the Green Beret is to start uprisings in other countries. They go to another country with a team of 12 and build a small army and rise against the country. So it is very likely, but the main question is where's his team. You know he's not alone

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess this isn't news anymore. It is just assumed that the radical right is going whine, cry, and start riots if they don't get their way. Aided and abetted by the USA, of course.

Lots more tweets tonight. Translated a bunch of the Spanish ones and looks like things are getting pretty bad down there. Infrastructure being sabotaged; Chavez's health centers vandalized.

Curious to see how the US media is going to spin this. Probably say something like, "The poor hated electricity and the health centers so much they destroyed them."

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
cool

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
cool

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
just another cia backed uprising kinda like the 10 or more that have happened over the last few years...big coincidence that alll these sweep the world in this short amount of time ..lol..hey wait aint the NFL draft or survivor on tonight,back to your regularly scheduled 'programming',

nothing to see here .
sad really, all this is not going to end well. the attempted domination of the planet that is
edit on 26-4-2013 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sorry to derail the thread briefly, but who the hell gave a star to the double post of "cool"?
That's ridiculous

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oh will you just leave Venezuela and South America alone!

Get a life US authorities and retire from the Monroe Doctrine, its ancient.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I cant believe this thread aint recieving the posts it deserves...

Doesnt anyone remember a memo from Rumsfeld's office, a list that an officer showed Wesley Clark in October of 2001.

Regime changes in 7 countries in 5 years -

Lybia, Somalia, Sudan, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and ending in Iran.

With the oil siuation as is, and Venezuela being the third largest oil producer in the world, wouldn't suprise me if they changed one on the list.
And now Chavez has gone there's a political vacum to fill, and they smell blood.

I think the list is the same, its just the timeline has changed.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Al Jazera had a really interesting documentary on the 7 sisters (7 biggest oil companies) and how they drew up the worlds oil reserves amongst themselves and how over the past few decades they've been loosing more and more influence to large state owned petrol companies, it's amazing what a reversal of fortunes it has been for some of them!

join