It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bookcircle discussion for www.WATCH by Robert J Sawyer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I think her parents need to re-think the extraordinary opportunity presented here. To able to 'see' the internet and have a connection to it on a level deeper than thought possible is, I think, great. They should push to have Caitlin explore this further and forget about aiming for normal sight.

I do like how the writing flows although at times it can get slightly predictive. My regular reading preference leans towards the more complex almost technical styles of writing however I am enjoying the book so far. The author does a good job of introducing the technical aspects without it getting in the way of the story.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: editing typos is my life!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Having reached Chapter 21 I'm just having a quick look at the book mentioned at the start by J.Jaynes.

THE ORIGIN OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN THE BREAK-DOWN OF THE BICAMERAL MIND

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

To able to 'see' the internet and have a connection to it on a level deeper than thought possible is, I think, great.

I agree Tindalos! That would be awesome. But scary too. Just think if someone with bad intentions had this kind of intelligence. And then again just think how fantastic it could make the world.
I understand that the author has a background in computers and he's doing great at working the tech stuff into the story without losing me, but I find myself wondering if he is close to someone who is blind. His descriptive writing regarding this is very good.
***SPOILER ALERT***
If you haven't seen the movie Temple Grandin in which the author refers to about Caitlin"s autistic father, I highly recommend it!
I am really enjoying the book and the reader preforming this audiobook is doing a great job too.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I finished the book, and I really enjoyed it! Should we move straight on to "WWW: Watch"? I probably will, even if the rest of the group doesn't, since I bought it already...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have started the next book too.
This is a really good series.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I've started the next one as well. Excellent series! Its so interesting.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I quite enjoyed Wake and the portrayl of characters such as Webmind.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I heard an interview, on one of my favorite podcasts, that got me side-tracked, and so I ended up reading "The Secrets They Kept - The True Story of a Mercy Killing that Shocked a Town and Shamed a Family" - VERY interesting true story. The author is Suzanne Handler.

I'll try to get back on task now...

edit on 7-0520135-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join