It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd is going on...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Your distant future self that has died is time traveling back through your now active recording period in space-time and is parallel linking. There seems like there are two of you fading in and out every now and then, because there is, and there isn't, because it is all you.
edit on 28-4-2013 by tkwasny because: typo-fix

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by z00mster
Your story reminds me of the movie 'groundhog day', where the main character relives the same day over and over again until he gets it right.
Maybe you all have some vague memory of what has yet to come and you are given a chance to figure out how to deal with it.
I know it's far fetched, but it's another angle to concider that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Also, I remember seeing a youtube video in which some guy gives an explantion of déjà-vu.
I can't find it at the moment, but when I do I'll post it here.

Far fetched for some but not for Mourivieff. He wrote of the film of life in Gnosis Book III and imo this goes a long way to explain deja vu. If as is proposed below, you will have occasional (or in OP's case frequent) deja vu until you make another choice in your film of life.

Incomprehensible as it may seem, our life is truly a film produced in accordance with a script. This film goes on continuously, without ever stopping, in such a way that, at the time of his death, man is born again. What seems absurd is that he is born in the same place, at the same date where he was born before, and of the same parents. So the film goes on again. Each human being, then, is born with his own particular film. this represents the field of action in which man is called to apply his conscious efforts. The repetition of the film is not reincarnation, although these two notions are often confused. Exterior man, who lives in the system of the Future-Past cannot embrace in a single moment the ensemble of his film, nor even the part that contains his immediate future. To do so, he would need to enlarge the slot of his Present. It thus happens to him that, faced with certain events, he will feel that he has already seen or lived those events. Some see in such phenomena the proof of so called reincarnation. In reality, phenomena of this sort are the result of a casual and temporary surge of fine energies in the organism: the slot of the individual Present then enlarges for a few moment, and some significant facts of the immediate future slip into the waking consciousness. In this way, the impression is created of a return of another time. In a certain way this is true, although the impression of having lived before is only caused by mechanical unfolding of the film.

There is so much more to his understanding of ancient teachings, very in depth and thought provoking but not for everyone. He has a christian bent but for those with other leanings there is enough to absorb while keeping religious beliefs in context.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

That's really interesting.
When I was young I frequently thought about life in general "oh no, not again!"
As in "been here, done it". And bored to have to do it all again from the start.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I read somewhere that deja vu is what we get when we are on the correct path in life.

This is a very interesting statement and hits home with me becasue I experience deja vu often and I have been really trying hard to do the right thing in every situation and look at the world with open eyes. I have been reading allot lately and truly believe that we are all connected and we are all part of christ consciouness. I am trying to accept people for who they are and stop being so judgmental in situations.

Maybe there is some truth to "enlightenment" of whatever term you would like to use to explain growing as a person and trying to learn what the universe has to offer. I guess it is kind of natures way to telling you to keep up the good work and continue down the path you are going. It can be a little creepy sometimes and it happens so fast for me that I don't get the chance to stop and say... Hey I know what you are going to say next. I have had a few times where I finished peoples sentences verbatium in my head and I am not just talking about one liners.

I can only hope that I get to learn more about the mysteries the universe has to offer in this lifetime so I can share them with my son and wife. If we all do the same the time will come that humanity can evolve and more on past wars, hunger and all the other bad stuff we deal with.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would say write down your dreams. If all three (or 4?) of you dreamed about a white van, then there must be something important about this van. Keep a pen and paper by your bed and write down everything you remember upon waking up. Ask the question maybe before you fall asleep as well, what is the significance of this van, and who is driving it? etc.

Peace. ~

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join