It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna live on Mars? Okay, but you can't come back.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A fool and his gold are soon parted.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Originally posted by windslayer
reply to post by Wanderer777

I read something about that a few weeks ago, I can't remember the source, but it sounds amazing. It's rumoured that there will be a reality tv show to help fund the mission. So, they film you during your training, and during your time in settlement.

I'd really love to do it, but I imagine that it's close to impossible to prepare for the potential mental anguish and emotional pain you'll develop up there just from being homesick... and especially because it's a one-way ticket.

Still, it would incredible. You'd legitimately have claim to being the person who started the world!

It's disgusting what the media will do to make money. Kill some dumb people, make billions.....like i said before, its a one way trip lasting no more than a few days for anyone dumb enough to give up their life for the illusion of fame, watching people die on tv...i dont think thats even allowed?

You're not allowed to deliberately kill people on television, but you are allowed to put on very risky reality shows. I think it's a spectacular way to make money to fund the continuation of the project, after the initial launch and landing. Everyone will be watching, and yes, the media will play a huge part in it, but at least we can finally say we've travelled somewhere.

I'm all for it, not because of the background stuff, but because I think it's something incredible. It's the chance to turn science fiction into science fact. It will be hard, and potentially will fail, but it's like deep sea diving, or flying... somebody had to take the ridiculously dangerous risk, just so we could get started on making it safer

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join