It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious structure found at bottom of ancient lake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Mysterious structure found at bottom of ancient lake

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A mysterious, circular structure, with a diameter greater than the length of a Boeing 747 jet, has been discovered submerged about 30 feet (9 meters) underneath the Sea of Galilee in Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I believe this is the 2nd sunken object to be found, with this look.. previous one in .. mmmm.. the russian sea?

very cool ... er... why do i have to write 2500 characters just to post something cool lol omgz

(CNN) -- A mysterious, circular structure, with a diameter greater than the length of a Boeing 747 jet, has been discovered submerged about 30 feet (9 meters) underneath the Sea of Galilee in Israel.

www.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ahhh, from back when the human race were just simple sun worshipping people not run by corrupt governments probably, I bet those were days and I'd like to say we've come along way since then but alas, I cannot

edit on 20-4-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
OK, this is my wild guess for the day: It's an artificial island, maybe an anchorage where ancient sailors could wait out storms.

The guy in the article said, "artificial reef", which doesn't make sense from a "save the whales" point of view because ancient people didn't give a crap about that, they were all about killing whatever they could find in order to eat. However the artificial reef idea does make sense if the island was constructed to lure fish in, create a safe place for them to avoid larger fishy predators and raise their young.

Then the fishermen just anchor off of the pile of rocks and catch the bigger fish that start to make their way out into the world.

Remember the story about Jesus walking on water? Could be that the disciples were fishing off of this submerged island and didn't know it; but Jesus did. Then just for a goof he swam out and stood up on the pile of rocks and said, "Hey Pete, check it out! I'm walking on water dude. Told ya I was the Son of God!"

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow

I believe this is the 2nd sunken object to be found, with this look.. previous one in .. mmmm.. the russian sea?

very cool ... er... why do i have to write 2500 characters just to post something cool lol omgz

www.cnn.com

After briefly reading the linked article it seems more like a pile of rocks. I don't know how "objecty" it is. So be it... WIthout any context the object is a bit of a bore.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
lol

i soo dont fall for this bs anymore

a massive structure only 9 meters below galilee... in isreal?? the most covert, reconnaissance probed area on earth... with the latest technology... combing that area for over 50 years

either they knew
or they planted it

maybe, maybe not

lets see what it is.....
edit on 20-4-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

Really !
When I saw your headline I thought "Oh this is old, it's the Baltic Sea one"(Millennium Falcon)
2 of them. I have never believed in coincidence and this just sealed it.
What the he!! are they and how many more are under the seas,lakes or oceans?
I am stoked now

Great find "hisshadow" S&F from me

Thanks for this news

edit on 20-4-2013 by azureskys because: added info

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Interesting, right now it could be anything from a place of worship to a midden, whatever it is it's worth finding out.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'm confused. the report states : "has been discovered submerged about 30 feet (9 meters)"
and at the same time the article says : "structure is 32 feet (10 meters) tall,"

Is it showing above the surface of the Sea ??

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread. Something interesting.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I found another site with a little more comentary on the subject at : myscienceacademy.org...

Dr Yitzhak Paz, said:

“The more logical possibility is that it belongs to the third millennium BC, because there are other megalithic phenomena close by.

Close inspection by scuba diving revealed that the structure is made of basalt boulders up to a metre long with no apparent construction pattern. The boulders have natural faces with no signs of cutting or chiselling. Similarly, we did not find any sign of arrangement or walls that delineate this structure.

The shape and composition of the submerged structure does not resemble any natural feature. We therefore conclude that it is man-made and might be termed a cairn.”

There is a photo here of the boulders at the discovery site.
I would like to mention this find was detected in 2003

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IRockTheBox

Remember the story about Jesus walking on water? Could be that the disciples were fishing off of this submerged island and didn't know it; but Jesus did. Then just for a goof he swam out and stood up on the pile of rocks and said, "Hey Pete, check it out! I'm walking on water dude. Told ya I was the Son of God!"

I proposed a similar scenario in another post on this topic. I got more in depth though.

Here's a theory. When Jesus was walking across the water of the Sea of Galilee, he was actually walking on this cairn. After feeding the thousands along the shore of Galilee, Jesus sent the disciples to "the other side" to either Bethsaida or Capernaum, both of which are on the north end of the Sea. After Jesus had sent them away to meet up with them later, he departed to a mountain to pray. When the disciples rowed the boat to about the middle of the sea, the winds blew against them and Jesus watched them rowing against the wind from the mountain side. I think it is possible that they were on the southwest shore about a mile or so north from the southern end. Jesus headed west into the mountains that are along the southwestern shore and the disciples went east away from the shore. A couple of miles out would put them in about the middle of the Sea at the southern end. The winds pushed them south and west back toward Jesus, who then hops on one of the many boats left from the earlier gathering and tries to catch up only to run a ground on the cairn. Seeing the disciples a short distance away, Jesus walks the shallows toward them and climbs aboard. Shortly there after the storm clams down they head north again landing at Gennesaret on the northwestern shore of the lake, half way between Capernaum and Magdala.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why dont we ask the remote viewing guys to give it a go?
theres some rvers on site...how about it lads/lassies?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

I'm confused. the report states : "has been discovered submerged about 30 feet (9 meters)"
and at the same time the article says : "structure is 32 feet (10 meters) tall,"

Is it showing above the surface of the Sea ??

I think the answer to your riddle is the water is about 62 feet deep there.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Structure is submerged 30 feet,meaning there is 30 feet of water above it.Structure is 32 feet tall as in from the sea bottom to top of structure.If it were above the water it would not be submerged,therefore would have been long ago discovered and we wouldn't be having this disscussion.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The "mysterious structure" in this case being just a pile of rocks in a common burial mound design. Not so mysterious to me

Interesting from an archeological perspective though.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I agree with earlier posts, it's most likely part of an artificial harbour or anchorage. Something simple, ancient mariners could tow rocks from the coast to one point in the ocean, with the intent of just piling them up. No need for cutting or chiselling, just dragging the rocks outwards until they had something to break the waves.

Alternatively, sea levels have risen enough that maybe the structure was a levee wall, which then collapsed over time.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Is this mound anywhere near a port?
Perhaps this was a designated area for trade ships to dump ballast before picking up cargo.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

Ridiculous. Craft aka black water would have used better weapons than a pressure cooker bomb. It was an amateur attack at best. Sorry to burst the bubble. Use your brain instead of just reacting. Seriously silly as there is no proof it was anyone other than who was killed and captured. I cannot believe some of the crap I am reading. Are we really this delusional and paranoid ?

I think you posted this in te wrong thread

top topics

<<   2 >>

join