It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running Memory at 1333 MhZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So, my memory is specc'd to run at 1333 MhZ
I tried to set it in BIOS but it didn't work correctly until I manually entered all the timings; 9, 9, 9, 24.

Now the computer boots and during post it says that it's running at 1333 MhZ but CPU-Z is showing me something different. Is this normal?

[pic align=center]
[/align]
edit on 17-4-2013 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Whats your mobo rated at for memory?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
667x 2 = 1334

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I think I read that somewhere else. Why is it "X2" ? I have 4 slots of ram!

Also, this : www.msi.com...#/?div=BIOS

Is my motherboard. Is it true that I can go buy an AM3+ Processor and pop in that bad boy? The website says that it is supported, but I thought that the pins were bigger on the AM3+ Processors.
edit on 17-4-2013 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Yep that board supports the phenom 2 cpus' all the way to x6 core.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

So this board will support AM3+ (PLUS) Processors all the way up to 6 core? Even though the AM3+ has 1 or more extra pins? And even though the actual pin SIZE on the AM3+ is bigger?

So this board will NOT support this processor?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

I don't think it is compatible.

I think it works like this, maybe someone else can chime in and clarify, but AM3 CPUs are compatible with both AM3 and AM3+ boards, and AM3+ CPUs are only compatible with AM3+ boards.

It looks like your board is AM3 so it's only compatible with AM3 CPUs
edit on 18/4/13 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
reply to post by sean

So this board will support AM3+ (PLUS) Processors all the way up to 6 core? Even though the AM3+ has 1 or more extra pins? And even though the actual pin SIZE on the AM3+ is bigger?

So this board will NOT support this processor?

The link to the motherboard you posted is different technology than the AM3+ FX cpu you posted here. The Motherboard says AM3+ up to 6x cored cpu's that are the phenom 2 architecture. Now when you see a CPU such as the one you linked that's AM3+ FX that's a whole different CPU altogether. The FX part I believe is because ATI/AMD has included a video card built into the CPU. So if you want to buy a 8x AM3+FX CPU you would also have to buy a supporting AM3+FX MOBO that can handle up to 8x. Hope that helps clarify more.

Oh and by the way the FX -8350 part they say there on the cpu is probably the ATI card that's built into the cpu. So you're basically buying a cpu and a ATI FX 8350 video card.
edit on 18-4-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Just wanted to reply to my own link as I wasn't right on that and meant FM2 CPU's are the ones with video cards. My bad, there is so many cpu's out there you get stuff mixed up lol. The AM3+ or -FX are actually unlocked CPU's specifically for overclocking.

top topics

join