It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Big One - Earthquake - Japan! 17-20 April 2013.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Why do you think it's Japan and not the west coast of the USA? The west coast is long over due for one. Look at all the other earthquakes circling the "ring of fire" and the west coast hasn't had anything large or damaging in 20 years+.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
PARTIAL HIT

ca.news.yahoo.com...

It was big enough to make the news. Still short of a 7er, but the term ain't over yet.

I'm going to award you three bento boxes out of five for this.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 2syncs

USGS has it at 7.2

Sounds like a winner

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, this officially has me intrigued. I'd like to know more.

It isn't everyday that someone has a dead ringer prediction like this. Even close to the scale..
edit on 18-4-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by 2syncs

USGS has it at 7.2

Sounds like a winner

Well, five bento boxes then, for sure. I'd throw in a Hello Kitty doll, but since we're talking earthquakes, I'm not sure that would be in good taste. ( Bento boxing doesn't cross the line, does it?)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There was just one 7.0 Just north of Japan- 6 minutes ago! Prediction succesful! Wow.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
7.2 in Russia as well? Just came in on my "quake feed" app

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoShredAK
7.2 in Russia as well? Just came in on my "quake feed" app

Same quake. The Kuril chain is just off the coast of Japan (actually there is still some dispute over the ownership of many of the islands).

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Oh geez, my bad, thank you. Probably should have looked at the map before posting..

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
OP is about to become a star on ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Does this have anything to do with the 180 or 188 day cycle?? I haven't followed it too closely, but, they do tend to occur on a regular cycle, give or take a few days.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am truly relieved about one thing..there was no damage reported from the 7.2 earthquake. I had been worried sick about damage and loss of life.

God is Great

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity
I am truly relieved about one thing..there was no damage reported from the 7.2 earthquake. I had been worried sick about damage and loss of life.

God is Great

you still have a day to go and no reason japan cant have another one. in the honshu area there has been a 4.0 5.0 or 6.0 every day since the last big one at fukushima. and as terrrible as they can be, there are many predictions of eq's to come that are at the top end of the scale.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Does this have anything to do with the 180 or 188 day cycle?? I haven't followed it too closely, but, they do tend to occur on a regular cycle, give or take a few days.

The last date on that cycle was April 2nd, on which nothing happened for the first time in the cycle for a few years. However, this slew of large earthquakes this week is similar to what happened last April, massive earthquakes like the twin 8+'s happening in Indonesia about 2 1/2 weeks after the cycle date.

Maybe the USGS will start to name April "earthquake month" like NASA names it "fireball season".

edit on 19-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

While what you say is true, I hope this was it. And I hope there won't be any nuclear level event either.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm actually a little disappointed in the recognition this thread is not getting. ATS has a .01% accuracy in terms of predictions and this is the only the 2nd one I have witnessed to be pretty darn close to being right on.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I usually do not post, but I am truly impressed with this one...Good Job!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good prediction OP. It's almost as if you or someone you know work in this field
Maybe someone in the field is leaking out information to warn people because they aren't allowed to say anything that causes panic

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Good Job OP. I also think this thread should get more recognition!

Its not everyday someone is actually right!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Interesting. We've had a few tremblors these past few days. One in particualr did give our humble Tokyo apartment a good shaking. It does all seem quite ominous, really.
My wife and I are both 36, and we have a 9 month old daughter. I tried to have a chat with the wife and suggested she consider moving. Being Japanese, she won't hear of it. So, I'm anxious, I won't lie. I know something is on the way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join