It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS is the face of the conspiracy movement...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't class myself as part of a movement, why should we be part of a movement? Next thing we know we'll be setting up a political wing.

This is a Conspiracy website, a quick look at the forums supports this. You have even demonstrated this by including the results from your Google search. Do we have a responsibility for what we post here? Yes. Do we have responsibility for what others post here? No. That is the job of the owners and staff.

Are you concerned that Conspiarcy Theorists will be given a bad name because of certain individual's views relating to events, such as the event in Boston yesterday?

I seriously wouldn't be too concerned to be honest, as we all know that there are enough members who will point out the errors of their way.
edit on 16/4/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

We are a movement. We represent change, truth, accountability. It seems like a few posters are afraid to call it what it is. I will add more in a bit.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

To say we are a movement will sound to others that we all have a common belief or goals or way of thinking. And that couldnt be further from the truth. The individuals of this site are responsible for there own words and that's that. If we try to control that then were no better than the government. It's called free speach

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

You mean we're not all interested in the something similar to one ananother?

How did we all end up on the same website?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
I've honestly though that as far as conspiracies go, this is a social site for alternative information and it stops there.

Have there been any serious petitions pushed by ATS? Or groups formed from ATS that helped out the world.
Other than "stop cispa" I don't know.
edit on 16-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

Oh no, it's against the rules to petition or recruit for a protest or such thing. ATS is a user driven news forum, basically. The best user driven alternative media website. I think Beforeitsnews.com may take second, or perhaps Reddit, imo.

But then again, ATS's roots is the Aliens & UFOs forum and that forum probably is still the most popular. My first thread and reason for joining ATS was because of the Alien & UFO forum but now I find myself in the political/ME Issues/News forums mostly. So many faces to ATS is what's truly great about it.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Its a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes that's exactly what I mean.

This site isn't about just one conspiracy. People come here for different reasons you have no way of knowing who the people posting are or how they live there lives. If you want to start a movement go ahead but don't assume everyone wants to be apart of it. To lable ATS as a movement would categorize critical thinkers into one group. And with the times ahead that would not be a good idea.
edit on 16-4-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

You categorized critical thinkers into one group by calling us all critical thinkers. Still doesn't directly answer the question posed,

If I was at home I would start puttin together statistics to show you how unlikely that is but you already know anyway. We a share something in common and you can make up anything you want but it's evolving into a movement maybe even if only indirectly.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Are you not a critical thinker? That doesnt mean we think about the same things.

Who knows how the people here ended up on this site. Look at the wide variety of topic and beliefs. On this site I've seen people who claim to be survivalist spiritualist scientist military witches masons alien hybrids vampires. So how can they all be cosidred one movement?

What makes you think we all came to this site looking for the same thing?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

We all use internet.

But we don't only use this site, every individual uses this and other sites confirming their intrests for her/his own needs to inform and share. I think a (to give examples don't pin me down on it) global warming enthusiast (either pro or con) has no relation with an ufologist. Hard to say they are in the same movement, besides:

Using internet,
Exploring and sharing information.

I said it a couple of years ago, but if we consider a 'we' as a movement we create a 'them' as not part of the movement.

Okok i read the statements about 'we' search for (our) truth, while there a lot of other people searching for their truths too that do not consider themselves as conspiracy theorist and I wouldn't call them that too.

Besides that there is a big difference between a theorizing and practicing.

Funny thing for me personally is that the forum i read the most is fragile earth, so in short I can say Ivisit a conspiracy site to read and talk about the weather. Hows the weather Tom?

The concept of conspiracy is imo to broad to unite in one movement hence my firt post in this thread, you realize that when you read topics that do not concern or intrest you maybe you are even provoked by them.

I dont like people who just follow the information that is handed to them by msm but i dont like the people who with every topic search for a reason to pinpoint it as conspiracy. Sometimes # just happens. Imo hardcore conspiracy theorist, the latter in orevious stated just give their enemy (if it is government, religious, prohetic, alien) too much credit for what they are able to do.

We are just like many others exploring information and try to unwind the knot of disinfo or misunderstanding. Would Columbus be considered as a conspiracy theorist because he dare to sail of a flat earth? Imo he is just an explorer, just like the ones we never heard of.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ok, how about if i rephrase my question this way,

Could we be the result of a movement?

or a trend?
edit on 16-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

We are a movement. We represent change, truth, accountability. It seems like a few posters are afraid to call it what it is.

A movement has goals, a programme, a leader and an organisation.

Above Top Secret has none of these things.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Could we be the result of a movement?

or a trend?

No and No.

...and (in my opinion) ATS is not a movement of any sorts. It's a discussion forum featuring alternative topics that range from spooky to conspiracy.

its not real clear what your trying to label ATS as, and why?

edit on 16-4-2013 by infowarrior9970 because: edit

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join