It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Okay. What happened in December 2012?

I feel like I am past the end of the road, like I have learned what I needed to learn, but now I am stuck watching other people make mistakes. I watch people act in a more closed-minded and oblivious manner than I have seen in... ever.

I remember there used to be hope, always hope, always moving forward towards a better existence. Now there is stagnation. And it is a lot more dense than I remember, a good way to tell this is to read ATS posts... which for a while were fairly minimalistic, but now are getting ridiculously dense and long. I have to say, I do like the longer posts, but it still seems to signal a change.

Are we moving forward as a race towards a better existence, or towards our own destruction, or towards a totalitarian slave state? What does the art say (the art that focuses on issues)? What do the visionaries say? What do the movies portray? What does your heart say?

One last question: Who is on the side of freedom, the side of creating a life for yourself / your family as you see fit based on your hard work? I don't think anyone is, to be honest. Freedom - your house is your castle? Anyone? No? Everyone decided they wanted to devote their lives and earnings to each of many different causes that are, in fact, making it worse for individual human beings?

Open to discussion.

edit on 13-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
With each successive generation, we must fight the "good" fight: "Evil" will never be conquered, I believe it must always be fought. Life ebbs and flows between extremes. But I also believe duality is a necessity. Without those crushing lows, our soaring heights wouldn't seem quite the same. What is pleasure without pain? Satisfaction without yearning? Success without failure?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

There isn't a magical cure to our existence , we are what we are what we allow ourselves and the world to evolve into . There is no god , there is just us here on this messed up planet . We are selfish we are like angry kids who discovered the box of matches .

People are afraid of real change in most cases in the end we opt for the same status quo . How do we really progress forward when there are to many people who want to go backward .

We are ruled by the greedy and the majority wish to emulate that and live like a Pharaoh.

ETA freedom and peace is not achieve able until some thing extreme out of the ordinary happens of we blow ourselves up or we have aliens show up at every capital of the world. Most people couldn't even be bothered to protest and fight for what they believe in

edit on 13/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syyth007
With each successive generation, we must fight the "good" fight: "Evil" will never be conquered, I believe it must always be fought. Life ebbs and flows between extremes. But I also believe duality is a necessity. Without those crushing lows, our soaring heights wouldn't seem quite the same. What is pleasure without pain? Satisfaction without yearning? Success without failure?

I agree, but I think we are going to be seeing a huge advancement of evil and an imbalance for a while. It is the imbalance I am worried about experiencing.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Yes, we are going backwards. That could be because no one knows where to go forward to. No one developed a plan for after we reached this point in human history. Our vision lacks.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Ok, here it is in a nutshell.

All the 2012 mysteries center around a single date. We now know of course that nothing happened on that date.

I have seen a lot of people here that claim that things are getting worse, or that they feel that other people/society is in decline.

Now answer me this truthfully please. Do you think that we as a world are now in a worse state than for example 1990? Do you honestly think that in the big picture we were better off sometime in the past?

I personally think that the world and their societies are improving constantly every year. Sure we still have wars and hunger and natural disasters.

But when was that magical time in our past in which we DIDN´T have these challenges to overcome?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

But when was that magical time in our past in which we DIDN´T have these challenges to overcome

Good way to put it.

Look around.
What you see is what you get.
There ain't no asteroid comming to hit the reset button.
There ain't no mystical being comming to reset our mindset.
There ain't no NWO gonna pull the world into one unified Earth.

Things will shift and change much like we have for the last 2000 years.
Deal with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Okay. What happened in December 2012?

Exactly the same things that happen every month - why did you think it would be any different?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
All the 2012 mysteries center around a single date.

Exactly what 2012 mysteries are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by Syyth007

I agree, but I think we are going to be seeing a huge advancement of evil and an imbalance for a while. It is the imbalance I am worried about experiencing.

There has always been imbalance, often its far worse than it is today. Look at the many examples of the feudal systems around the world in history.

I don't think our species slowly evolves into anything, it happens in leaps in bounds. One simple invention can change the world and how we live or one period (industrial revolution) can change the course of humanity. We are simply waiting in limbo for the next leap.

It will probably be something to do with space or a giant medical breakthrough...who knows.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

All the 2012 mysteries center around a single date.

Exactly what 2012 mysteries are you talking about?

Do I really have to mention it? Are you fishing for the one prophecy that didn´t mention the 21st of december in order to prove a point?

The fact is that 2012 was a year like all the others before. We had ups and downs, reasons to cry and to laugh, and we will see the same story in 2013.

The point is that 2012 only has/had a special significance if YOU want it to have one.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

The point is that 2012 only has/had a special significance if YOU want it to have one.

Yeah, I think that is a good answer to the question there. I think leading up to December, 2012, people had this positive outlook and after nothing happened, some of this naturally dissipated.

Just as a side note, right around then (that month), I moved from liberal Washington to conservative Idaho - oh how that might explain a lot.

Also, there do tend to be two wavelengths out there. If I'm tuned into one, I might only notice aspects of that one in my life. Since I have a mutli-polarized cultural background (conservative family, liberal arts college, living in Washington, living in Idaho, having gay room-mates, having farmers as room-mates) it is confusing, but good, I suppose, too.
edit on 16-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Wow, there are a lot of things I think you are right about. Look at the information age - that was a ridiculously fast revolution that I've been told (by family from ages past) rivals the industrial revolution. In general, I think you are right, we are evolving :-)

There will more than likely be ups and downs along the way.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

Oh that is a good way to put it, I like that. Although there is a way of living that bypasses dualities and deals in cause-and-effect and specifics instead of generalizations, for one living with dualities (basically binary), that is a great way to look at it.

For example, what is pleasure without pain? For someone living without dualities, pleasure and pain are separate entities that can be characterized by their individual traits, even without the presence of the other. However, for someone living with dualities (which we need both, really) pleasure is not enjoyed as much without pain to compare it to, and relaxing is not the same without hard work, failure (which is always important because you learn from it) leads to success.
edit on 16-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Are you fishing for the one prophecy that didn´t mention the 21st of december in order to prove a point?

Actually, how about showing 1 "prophecy" that mentioned 21/12/12 and what was supposed to happen?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Oh, you mean the whole 'Mayan' 2012 thing right? I thought you were asking something else. The only things I can postulate that might make any sense. 1) Mayan science-y guys were smart, but NOT that smart! 2) Smart science-y guys at NASA lob space junk at Mars (I believe they call them 'Probes') using computers, real big hogger ones, no just kidding, they do it on they're I-pads, and still miss! 3) Mayans were always down for a good practical joke! 4) Knucklehead Mayan science-y guys did they're math on they're I-pads, nuff said! 5) The Mayans were spoofed by the DSHS (Department of Spanish Homeland Security) Yeah it's like that, even back then they had evil rotten scheming monsters working for the government (does it really matter who's government). 6)The Mayans left a post-it note with what was supposed to happen, but the guy on the chisel that day lost it! 7) If you believe in Dr Who, that whole deal might NOT have been a fixed point in time.

Aside from that, I have no other science-y stuff to offer like 1 thru 7 above. I can offer that cultures rise and fall. I can offer that there a lot of things people on this planet worry about, no matter where they are, or what language they speak, and it's amazing, we all worry about the exact same thing! Your willingness to question what people are trying to tell you is the truth says you still have things to do in life, like make them prove it. We still live on a crazy, spinning, wonderful little space ship, in a crazy spinning wonderful Solar system, in a crazy, spinning wonderful backwards Galaxy called the Milky-Way, in a crazy spinning wonderful Universe, we all call home! (and I'm sure there' some other cats out there that do too!) One thing I can say, I am never bored, how about you?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I am happy that you agree! But I have to ask you about the wavelength thing.

I really do not like the esoteric community using scientific terms like wavelength, freqencies or the like in order to fluff up their pieces.

A lot of people get confused by that and then real science is thrown in with these half scientific esoteric articles.

So, could you go into a little detail about the nature of these wavelengths that you are referring to?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

Sure, I can do that. I was a physics as well as psychology major, so I like to use physics terms to describe psychological experiences or social situations, even if it happens to be a metaphor (regardless of what trends are going around).

Is there really a wavelength difference or frequency difference? I'm not sure. I am glad you asked about that, because I haven't researched it scientifically and that was a good catch. All I know is that I, personally, experience different mind-states - well, basically two - one is more masculine and uses a lot of duality and generalization, while the other one is more feminine and uses more specific criteria to ascertain a situation based on the situation at hand.

The first one is more fun, the second one is more polite and accurate, and unfortunately, switching between them at random intervals causes issues with friends. Dating is confusing.

At any rate, depending on which one of them I am in, I will actually gravitate towards different areas on the internet and see different aspects of a news article or ATS discussion, as well as have a completely different perspective on life. It is totally strange.
edit on 17-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

I could make an educated guess, though - males tend to be functional thinkers because they have less neurological connections between their hemispheres. This means they have repetitive patterns that they repeat that occur over lengths of time - this does have some benefits.

Women, on the other hand, have a lot more neurological connections between hemispheres and are therefore able to multi-task effectively and use functions (this is a computer science term) at, what I would guess is, almost instant speed. Therefore, they are able to accurately assess a situation without having to resort to preconceptions as much.

With the advent of the internet, texting, gaming, etc. it is possible that males are developing more neurological connections between hemispheres due to exposure to this.

I know in my personal situation, I was not completely aware of my surroundings until about 4 years ago, but I don't know what caused that. Probably something unique.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

You are lucky you are never bored, that's awesome! Sometimes I get bored, sometimes I don't, depending on what I'm feeling like. Also, you are right about societies rising and falling. Another theory I have is that society is falling apart right now, so there is a bit more chaos and anarchy than normal, but eventually a new society will take its place and things might become more lawful instead of chaotic. Could have already started to happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join