It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mall shooting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
WDBJ7 Web Staff
4:41 p.m. EDT, April 12, 2013

CHRISTIANSBURG, Va.— A suspect is in custody following a shooting that injured two women Friday at the New River Valley Mall in Christiansburg.

One woman was airlifted to the hospital, the other woman was taken by ambulance to the hospital. One of the victims is at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, and the other is in stable condition at LewisGale Hospital Montgomery.

Source

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

This Mall is just a few short miles from Virginia Tech so that people have a reference point.

What is the matter with people?

I hope the two women come out ok and they jack up the jail and throw the suspect underneath.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't understand this senseless violence.

I hope that both of the women will be in stable condition and survive.

Let the violence and the pain stop.

There's no hope for a better tomorrow if it continues.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Good find thanks for the update. Even though it happened close to Virginia Tech I would put both as Isolated incidents imho. The trend for these shootings is beyond the norm and not ok, actually it's pretty sick...
I feel bad for them. My heart goes out. This spinning rock around that ball of flame is getting crazier each moment that passes by.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

I can think of two things, one being the endless amount of drugs that big pharmaceutical companies and doctors push on people with minor or even no illness, not knowing the full effects of those drugs, especially when mixed with other drugs.
The second being the fact that media glorifies and desensitizes people to violence like this, whether it be the 24/7 coverage of real violence on the news, or from the fantasy violence on TV shows or movies.

But hey lets blame inanimate objects, right?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I guess everyone has gone insane and see the only outcome of killing people as the answer. Maybe I'm an alien but this doesn't make sense. But as you study the evidence and see what killers have said if they were captured. They have this mind frame that they wanted to do nothing but kill people. I don't understand.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I believe they were all unrelated.

Not that I would but I just don't understand harming others just for the sake of it. I would much rather put the gun to myself than just shoot others.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

agreed

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There is some speculation that the suspect posted his intentions on a discussion board just before the shooting. I did a little digging and it either was a true post or a very quickly timed smear on the individual. Facts about the person claiming to do the shooting tied him to the area and the community college. I will not post his name for obvious reasons.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I guess there's no need for TPTB to invent ideas to depopulate the planet.

It seems the common folk are granting their wish for them.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sure this isn't a domestic dispute?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The shooter in this incident apparently posted this just before carrying out the act.
What in Lord's name was the lesson he hoped to send by doing this?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
From the 4CHAN post:

"I'm a bit nervous because I've never really handled a shotgun but a few times with the Christiansburg police. Anyways this is not a highscores game but actually a lesson (that's why I'm at school)."

The witnesses also seem to reinforce the idea that the shooter may have been in 'game' mode:

www.roanoke.com...
Clara Keller of Blacksburg said she was working in a computer lab with classmates when the shooting started.
... "He came into our room," Keller said. "He said, 'I can hear you. I know you're in here. Come out.'
The shooter came back into the room at some point, then left again, Keller said... The shooter called out "Help, help!" as he walked, Keller said, as if to lure people out of hiding. At another point, he yelled, "It's the police!"
"The guy's a terrible actor," Keller said.

--Ben Kramer, an activities counselor at NRCC,... said he saw a student running "for his life," and went out into the hallway to check on the situation. About 50 feet away from him, he said, he saw a man wearing a sweatshirt and a red hat carrying what he described as a large shotgun. "I opened the door and said 'hello,' " Kramer said. "He said 'hello' back, but he didn't look in my direction. Then I realized what was happening...
(It sounds like killing everybody was not the main objective here.)

MacInnis was a 2012 participant in the Christiansburg police citizens academy. The 12-week program includes a session that allows people to practice shooting firearms under police supervision.

Just another bizarre, motiveless attack by a young person.

edit on 13-4-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join