It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots Speak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They answer the question:
Can you see your own contrails?

Here

It's a very interesting website.

The Tech/OPs page gets into some of the most minute details of aircraft matainance and operations.
If you read a few pages worth you will see they know every square inch of the planes. You cannot hide chem equipment from these guys.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
They may know every inch of the plane but what about fuel additives?

A google search of "chemtrail fuel additives" pulls up some pretty interesting results.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I don't understand, but I don't fly. Are you talking about both contrails and chemtrails? Your source only mentions contrails.

Are you making the point that chemical equipment couldn't be on the plane without the pilot's knowledge? If so, couldn't it be on the plane with the pilot's knowledge?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

The problem with fuel additives is that just about anything added to the fuel is going to be compromised by combustion. The combustion chamber of a jet engine burns extremely hot. Anything organic is going to be destroyed almost immediately, and anything metal (such as the aluminum claimed to be chemtrails) is going to be at risk of causing engine damage (jet engines are extremely fragile because of the speeds and temperatures they operate at).

The modern jet engine can show temps between 1500F, up as high as over 3000F, after the cooling air is mixed in with it. That's going to destroy most additives organic or not.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

But if it's on a commercial aircraft, then there has to be a big money trail that would show up that could be followed. Airlines are all about revenue. Chemical equipment costs them weight, and weight costs them either cargo or passengers, either of which costs them money.

If you add spraying equipment, you also have to have mechanics to work on it, which adds at the least, a few thousand more people that could talk and release information about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Plus fuel additives are very likely to be deposited on internal parts of the engine.
Maintainance would notice. Especially if you get an old geiser who has been in the industry for decades.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What the experience people said, and from the earth-bound among us, who has researched the claims of "chemtrails" for several years I will add that the additives are added at a dilution of ppm.
In order to accomplish anything like a "chemtrail", something is going to have to be weighed in the pounds/kilos, and possibly even tons.

PPM, through jet engine into the atmosphere? Catch a contrail, and pull out the electron microscope. You're going to be searching for something very, very small.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

rather than hide behind a nebulous " google web search " - which throws out a lot of crap as well as information

why not start a thread on " alledged chemtrail fuel addatives "

then we can discet each alledged chemical , taking note of such issues as :

is it soluble / miscible in kerosene ?

its thermal stability

reactivity with other legitamate fuel components and addatives

if a particulate / solid - will it clog the fuel filters / water seperators ?

if a particulate / solid - will it remain in suspension / emmulsion - or preciptiate as a sludge at the bottom of the tanks

etc etc etc
edit on 13-4-2013 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot

I thought this was at least visually interesting...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by explorer14

please tell us why you find this " interesting "

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by explorer14

That looks like what the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels and other flight demonstration teams do to make the planes more visible to the crowds. They inject an oil based additive that leaves a nice smoke trail so the people on the ground can see the planes (an F-16 is known as a "lawn dart" for a good reason).

You should have seen the L1011 start engines if you think that's interesting. I used to love seeing them start, because they ALWAYS had a static oil leak in at least one engine (usually the one in the tail), so when they started that one the airplane would vanish behind a huge white smoke cloud.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
@ape I found it interesting because their uniforms were just stunning!

@Zaphod i was saddened by all the air show cancellations already...

edit on 13-4-2013 by explorer14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2013 by explorer14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot

A google search of "chemtrail fuel additives" pulls up some pretty interesting results.

The only additives allowed in jet fuel are those approved by engine manufacturers, and documented in Def Std 91-91 - which is the specification for Jet A1 - i is readily available online - revision 7 is the latest version AFAIK.

By all means test some fuel and let us know what you find that isn't in that standard.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To every one replying to my post instead of the OP, you may notice I had a question mark at the end of my
sentence. It was exactly that, a question. I wasn't saying I believe they are putting in additives.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just another subject with so many in the know but never a shred of evidence. IMO, cannot be much to it,

top topics

join