It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Sickened By Anti-Constitutional Note From Son’s School

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Throwing ' Critical Thinking ' at toddlers = Indoctrination

No offense intended, but you appear to know very little about children or what "critical thinking" is.

"Critical thinking" is asking questions. Asking intelligent questions with regards to what teachers, clergy or authorities tell you. In short it is "thinking".

The irony in the ignorance of your statement above is that "Indoctrination" is the polar opposite of critical thinking. Indocternation is telling people NOT to question what they are told.

"Critical thinking = indocternation" like "truth"="propaganda".

Aside from the fact that 4th graders are not "toddlers".

Peace to you...I can't really communicate with this level of prideful ignorance.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Throwing ' Critical Thinking ' at toddlers = Indoctrination

No offense intended, but you appear to know very little about children or what "critical thinking" is.

"Critical thinking" is asking questions. Asking intelligent questions with regards to what teachers, clergy or authorities tell you. In short it is "thinking".

The irony in the ignorance of your statement above is that "Indoctrination" is the polar opposite of critical thinking. Indocternation is telling people NOT to question what they are told.

"Critical thinking = indocternation" like "truth"="propaganda".

Aside from the fact that 4th graders are not "toddlers".

Peace to you...I can't really communicate with this level of prideful ignorance.

Be honest with yourself for just 5 minutes.

Imagine both parents standing behind their children in the classroom at the same time

Attorney at Law Cheryl Sabb threw this Secular Progressive Garbage at their children.

What would their reaction be?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

The part about all of this that has me worried, is not the fact that the father found it in the childs backpack.
How many parents have not found such evidence of faulty schooling programs and bad teachers in their childrens backpacks. Growing up I used to get furious when someone went through my stuff, now i'll be the parent searching my childs bag everyday they come home, no not because of this, but because we are so over populated that the chances of more and more occurances of this and things like this. I don't think the teacher should be fired, I belive the teacher should be held in front of the whole school with all the studends, faculty, and parents to justify why they did this, knowing they cannot.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Actually, anyone who has lived outside the US would be happy to tell you that the US does not have a left or a "liberal" party. The "liberal" parties are so far to the right of real left leaning organizations as to make it laughable that they are even called that. America has right and further right. There is no left.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
How much of this sort of thing is required before people stop sending their children to these brainwashing camps disguised as schools??? Now, I know there are some decent teachers around (related to some), but they don't stand a chance against the machine. Since the early part of the 20'th century, communist plans to subvert the entire nation included taking over the educational system. From the look of things, they have succeeded. Either more people act, and now, or the nation will fall.

Secular Progressive Agenda:

Central Planning Infrastructure

Intimidation, control, confiscation of parental rights.

Re-writing the laws, one agency at a time.

Exactly! Same steps the communists have talked about using for decades now. Yet, if you try and explain that to people, they act as though you don't know the topic.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Actually, anyone who has lived outside the US would be happy to tell you that the US does not have a left or a "liberal" party. The "liberal" parties are so far to the right of real left leaning organizations as to make it laughable that they are even called that. America has right and further right. There is no left.

As someone who has lived outside of the United States, I can tell you that statement is flat out false. You can quibble definitions, but the fact is that the left in this country is so far left they are about to drop off the edge.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bioshock

This "teacher" should be fired immediately. You're there to educate students, not push your screwed up liberal agenda.....

I think Ron Paul has a great idea and home schooling really needs to become more mainstream. And to be honest, with the internet so readily available, there's absolutely no reason why education shouldn't start moving in that direction.

First of all, great job trying to turn this into a liberals-versus-conservatives issue with your "liberals are to blame" style comment, although there is no indication that this was because of "liberals." Besides, there is nothing "liberal" about infringing on individual rights.

Second, not every family can afford to home-school. Lots can't. And while I agree with you that this is completely appalling, and it is disturbing to think of some of the things kids may be brainwashed into thinking in public schools, I fear that many parents out there might not do a lot better-- perhaps a lot worse, in terms of indoctrinating their kids into whatever BS they were knee deep in.

While I understand that in some cases it can be difficult to convey some information without a viewpoint attached to it, education should strive to be a more objective thing. And in cases like this, if we are taught that the US is good, and "The Land of The Free" and that the constitution and bill of rights, and the freedoms we given are good things, and make our country special, and great (as I was indoctrinated to believe, when I was in school) then we should be presenting politics from that viewpoint, if any. I don't know of any political party or movement, which advocates that the founding fathers were completely wrong, and/or that the constitution is a completely outdated or unnecessary document, or that we should, indeed, give up freedoms for security. I don't know of any party or movement which openly advocates those things, despite the fact that certain things in this country seem to have gone in that direction, including certain decisions made by certain politicians.... funny, that.

Point being, this is an insane, and in my opinion dangerous thing to be teaching our future generations. And I can't help but wonder what's behind this. Whose call was it, for this to be on the curriculum?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

How much of this sort of thing is required before people stop sending their children to these brainwashing camps disguised as schools??? Now, I know there are some decent teachers around (related to some), but they don't stand a chance against the machine. Since the early part of the 20'th century, communist plans to subvert the entire nation included taking over the educational system. From the look of things, they have succeeded. Either more people act, and now, or the nation will fall.

Secular Progressive Agenda:

Central Planning Infrastructure

Intimidation, control, confiscation of parental rights.

Re-writing the laws, one agency at a time.

Exactly! Same steps the communists have talked about using for decades now. Yet, if you try and explain that to people, they act as though you don't know the topic.

The Secular Progressives try to indoctrinate children to increase their number.

They look inward and think only of themselves.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Well as someone who lived in Canada for 7 years and in Finland I can tell you I heartily disagree with you.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The Secular Progressives try to indoctrinate children to increase their number.

They look inward and think only of themselves.

Very true! Then they write articles pretending that any opposition is somehow evil, and blaming the opposition for anything and everything.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Well as someone who lived in Canada for 7 years and in Finland I can tell you I heartily disagree with you.

Two known liberal places.....seems you have a skewed view. How about the US? Have you looked at some of the recent threads here?
edit on 17-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: oops

<< 6  7  8   >>

join