It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging..Talk about a racket!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

We always hear "follow the money" ...if half the reports and studies in the video are true then..A real Conspiracy "of the worse kind" is before our very own eyes.....One on line diagnostic screening test given to some children as early as the 7th grade are total frauds...During one test which was monitored and taken by everyday people had results that said 50% have a diagnosis of being mentally ill in some form and need drugs. 150 million in the states alone would need psychotropic drugs if the test were correct.

This video says there are 100 million people on Psychotropic drugs but that is not the main story of the video.
Basically it started with a 1967 meeting and how to control the emotions of a population by the year 2000. At approx 51 minutes in the video it says there are now 300 million prescriptions written yearly....

Chemical imbalance is a marketing tool used by the drug companies.

Some studies say Psychotropic drugs kill 2.5 times more people than homicides. Over half of all suicides are on Psychotropic drugs and if you look at rampage stabbings and shootings there is evidence that a psychotropic was involved.

FDA and the approval of these drugs along with the revolving door at FDA and the financial conflict of interest is covered along with the $100,000 fee (now 1 million fee) to expedite or fast track the drugs to market.

No one is immune from the diagnosis and ever expand net of the psychotropic drug net; invent a disease such as shyness and call it social anxiety disorder; Hey we got a drug that will fix that!! Almost all fiction........Drug testing for the drugs is highly suggestive and open to "professional interpretation"...The professionals who do the interpretation have a vested monetary interest in the approval process and with negative results disregarded the general population becomes the test subjects... .

The drugging of our children and the damage these drugs end up doing is a true conspiracy IMO.
edit on 11-4-2013 by 727Sky because: added 300 million

edit on 11-4-2013 by 727Sky because: 150 million test

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So I was talking to my parents recently about starting my own business and what is involved as well as the work load I'd be looking at. They suggested that since I tend to lose focus periodically (also diagnosed as ADD) I should take some this great ADD medicine that my dad recently started taking that is apparently doing wonders for him. I responded that I didn't want to go on medication and I would handle it myself or fail, you know just like all the generations before the last 2 or 3.

I'm with you OP, I do not trust the pharmaceutical companies. I just can't understand this idea where everyone has to think exactly alike. When I see group mentality, it usually results in rash and poor decisions being made too. I like my introspective outlook on life and have no wish to alter my brain chemistry to be more like everyone else. This whole idea that "Well this person isn't thinking like everyone else, he must need medication" is scary and can lead to disastrous results. Many of the geniuses (artistically and intellectually) of yesteryear would probably be diagnosed with mental disorders. If they had the medications that we do now, would these same geniuses produce or accomplish even half of the things that they did?

Take art for example. Art in its basic form is a visual, auditory, or oral expression of someone's emotions, feelings, and/or thoughts. These medicines make these people act and think like people who aren't artistically inclined. The result, boring bland art that looks like everything else. Just look at many of the movies coming out of Hollywood or sub-par crap that they put on the radio these days.

I would say that ADD is probably a big part about being an intellectual genius. The ability to jump from one idea to the next and seemingly random can spur a person to come up with answers to a problem that someone who thinks procedurally would never see. I know from personal experience that it has driven my desire to learn new things.

In the end, what I go through is part of me. I have to be able to deal with the bad as well as take advantage of the good. I feel that it makes me unique to the person next to me who isn't like me.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wish everyone on this site would watch the video and then send it to everyone they know. This is some totally sick criminal stuff!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Still watching it, already sent it to everyone I know and stuck it on FB... for the good that will do!
This ATS thread got me thinking... my daughter was depressed and they medicated her because she was bullied... I never filled the prescription, Ice cream works just as well ... she is well now

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
[snip]

Oh and thanks for sharing this video, I agree everyone should take a look at it and share.

edit on 12-4-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

This thread is different because it's about prescription medication... they frown upon discussions of the illegal variety

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by ElOmen

This thread is different because it's about prescription medication... they frown upon discussions of the illegal variety

But if we are to discuss big pharm is it not imperative than to weight the alternatives to big pharm, which may happen to include substances that are legal in at least 2 states, and by prescription in 18+ others...

Either way big pharm has a strangle hold on "health" going so far as to lobby congress in their favor, which in an industry that is supposed to make us better its absurd that they would have such a hold on health care laws at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I saw this awhile ago, sick indeed! Everyone does need to watch and understand what's really happening with Big Pharma and it's impact on society. It's not right that the mental health aspect of the gun control laws being pushed only include the screening of those on these drugs, and nothing about their consequences and the unchecked nature by which they are distributed. I wonder what percentage of police that kill civilians unjustly are on these drugs, and what percentage of LEO's are on them at all. I'm sure that's another issue that won't surface whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is why I CRINGE every time someone on ATS says: "see a shrink..." "get counseling... "

Psychiatry is a total complete FRAUD...

“Psychiatry” has NO, and I mean ZERO medical basis whatsoever.

Watch “The marketing of Madness” on YouTube to learn what a scam “psychiatry” is.

Thought Police Kidnap Talk Show Host

“Biological psychiatry is a total fraud.” — Fred Baughman,

quoted by Dr. Timothy Scott, America Fooled: The Truth about Antidepressants, Antipsychotics and How We’ve Been Deceived

Psychiatry is a Total Fraud

Not only is psychology without merit, but psychiatry defrauds the public as well. Medical psychiatrists have been trying for years to validate their biochemical theory of mental illness, but “after decades of research that has yielded not a single definitive biological marker connecting brain dysfunction to mental disorders,” we are letting doctors evaluate and treat us as if such diseases exist.

To put it more loosely, making a diagnosis of mental illness is “a near mindless act where you can speculate whatever you want and never be ‘wrong’ (if any new or unrelated symptoms emerge just add another diagnosis).”

In fact, there is not a single scientific study that shows prescription psychotropic drug users suffer from an objective, confirmable abnormality of the brain.

Psychology and Psychiatry: Rotten to the Core

Dr. Niall McLaren, an Australian practicing psychiatrist for 22 years, explains what is wrong with the psychiatric profession: That it cannot/will not take criticism, for fear the entire model of biological psychiatry will unravel. That there is no science to psychiatric diagnoses, no brain based diseases. And that psychiatry only pushes mental disorders as biological disease in order to convince people to take psychiatric drugs, causing a host of dangerous side effects.

What's Wrong with Psychiatry?

“There are no objective tests in psychiatry-no X-ray, laboratory, or exam finding that says definitively that someone does or does not have a mental disorder.”
— Allen Frances, Former DSM-IV Task Force Chairman

Source

“…modern psychiatry has yet to convincingly prove the genetic/biologic cause of any single mental illness…Patients [have] been diagnosed with ‘chemical imbalances’ despite the fact that no test exists to support such a claim, and…there is no real conception of what a correct chemical balance would look like.” — Dr. David Kaiser, psychiatrist

Source

“All psychiatrists have in common that when they are caught on camera or on microphone, they cower and admit that there are no such things as chemical imbalances/diseases, or examinations or tests for them. What they do in practice, lying in every instance, abrogating [revoking] the informed consent right of every patient and poisoning them in the name of ‘treatment’ is nothing short of criminal.” — Dr Fred Baughman Jr., Pediatric Neurologist

Source

“Psychiatry makes unproven claims that depression, bipolar illness, anxiety, alcoholism and a host of other disorders are in fact primarily biologic and probably genetic in origin…This kind of faith in science and progress is staggering, not to mention naïve and perhaps delusional.”

— Dr. David Kaiser, psychiatrist

Source

“In short, the whole business of creating psychiatric categories of ‘disease,’ formalizing them with consensus, and subsequently ascribing diagnostic codes to them, which in turn leads to their use for insurance billing, is nothing but an extended racket furnishing psychiatry a pseudo-scientific aura. The perpetrators are, of course, feeding at the public trough.”
— Dr. Thomas Dorman, internist and member of the Royal College of Physicians of the UK

Source

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis
I saw this awhile ago, sick indeed! Everyone does need to watch and understand what's really happening with Big Pharma and it's impact on society. It's not right that the mental health aspect of the gun control laws being pushed only include the screening of those on these drugs, and nothing about their consequences and the unchecked nature by which they are distributed. I wonder what percentage of police that kill civilians unjustly are on these drugs, and what percentage of LEO's are on them at all. I'm sure that's another issue that won't surface whatsoever.

1/2 of normal responses during the computer screening (as demonstrated in the video) will get you a med prescription and a classification of someone who needs meds to function in society...People have faith in the industry quacks because they do not know any better.. ..What a bloody racket and not something we need to entrust with "well meaning bureaucrats" who are "just doing their job"......

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Be that as it may, it's still against the T&C ...

reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

See answer above...

Sorry, I'm not a MOD, I have no idea what criterion is allowable and what is subjective. All I know is that non-prescription, non-over-the-counter medication discussions get deleted here. This OP's thread deserves better than that, the word needs to reach as many people as possible who wish to listen.

Mine is not to question why, mine is just to post and deny (ignorance)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I agree... I'm not arguing with the T&C of the website... more the T&C of the civilization.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

simply pointing out the ignorance that still surrounds the big pharm discussions, that society still perpetuates on a regular basis.

Almost like there was some super rich lobby of some kind pumping out propaganda so that their products remained the only option...

Must be me being paranoid again.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thank you so much for airing this thread, Sky: and a double bump if I could!
The pseudoscience of psychology has been regularly confessed to me by
even licensed clinicians at ALL levels as -- loosely quoted -- "95% guesswork"...
maybe the most vile control mechanism reinvented in the late 19th century.
I and a lot of other people again at all professional levels have stated for the record
also-- the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual series has outlived its usefulness..
we can hope the people that really are inclined to help others get into the stream
and promote reform of the system while we still have one.
Too bad there's indeed so much money in it.. ''twill be hard.
My axe to grind is huge and dulled with time.. if you're at all gifted, but 'unmanageable',
TPTB will destroy you. Trust me.
"... If you cannot explain it, if you cannot express it in numbers, then your
knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind." Lord Kelvin, 1883
I don't think the man they named absolute temperature after meant that
Hooey Decimal system they use in front of the DSM's so called designations.
Thanks for the rant time; and I have nothing nice to say about psychotropic
hallucinogens except the visble side effects graphically depicting to everyone how evil
the system IS. When properly used, a scalpel is good too...but never a reground pick.
Again this thread can't get enough hang time at the top, and consequent exposure:
the conspiracy is so far reaching and corrupt it may never be properly addressed.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Most people do not realize the sheer rise in violent crime rates since around the time after WWII until the present day. They want to blame guns and policies or whatever, but truly this is probably a big part of the answer. What is one thing that changed in this time to so affect so many peoples' emotions and brain chemistry? You said it, prescription drugs. I mean it really is obvious. People did not seem to have all of these mental problems some decades ago, and since there were nowhere near the amount of shootings, etc, one must ask themselves if drugging is part of the problem.

Others may argue that it has to do with economic conditions, etc, but if you look at those who commit these crimes, almost all of them are on some form of medication, or had been for an extended period of time before discontinuing their use. And also, those responsible do not seem to be as negatively affected by economic conditions as the vast majority of the population, or are no worse off, and therefore could not have possibly committed such acts based simply on the consequences of their economic situations, or the stress caused by such situations, etc. If that were the case we would see these types of things even more than we already do.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'm still bawling my eye's out over the poor two and half year old on FOUR psycho related drugs and who DIED at the age of FOUR. OMG!!! What are we doing to our children? HOW is a TWO AND A HALF year old even though of as being depressed??? I'm between tears and anger….this is beyond crazy. Parents PLEASE let your kids grow up without these bloody labels being attached to them for every action they make. Don't let some stranger that sat down with your child for five minutes, miraculously see a sickness that very moment and give you a "miracle pill(s)" to make it all better again. Maybe your child just needs your attention or maybe their just naturally quite or maybe they're picking up our YOUR EMOTIONS! Most children of a young age react instinctively to their environment and reflect the actions and situations they witness day after day. This cannot be fixed with a pill or two or three or four or five. This can be fixed by YOU the parent, you control their environment in every single way possible. Not some sick money hungry Dr.S.O.B that can get away with MURDERING your innocent child. Man I'm so pissed off right now. This just makes me sick. how can people be so mislead even after watching their loved one fall apart in front of their very eyes. We all have brains think with them please.
edit on 12-4-2013 by harbour45 because: Rewording.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I would say that ADD is probably a big part about being an intellectual genius.

I would have to say that I agree with you. Lord knows we don't need too many of 'those types' running around coming up with stuff. Free energy...cures for cancer and other diseases...not good for business ya know!

Thanks for the post Sky, I will watch your video now

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

i have a few reasons why i'm a bit suspicious of the current trend of doping up kids/ppl 1.WE DON'T FULLY UNDERSTAND THE HUMAN BRAIN!! how the # can you go around messing with something when you don't even understand the subject that is being messed with,2.many psychologist/psychiatrists simply agree to disagree so in other words they just say,"hey well you say he has this i say he has that we aren't sure who's right but we know he has something",which is a bit stupid if you ask me if their field of studies is as well reasearched/organized/prepared/understood as it should be (and it should considering this are human beings your messing with) why do different professionals diagnose a patient with different conditions and just say screw it let's just find a middle ground.3.EVERYTHING IS A DISEASE TO THEM! and if it ain't currently it could be soon,a bunch of "professionals" meet together and vote on what is a real condition and what isn't diseases range from trouble sleeping,wetting the bed,short attention span,overeating,overthinking,this conditions are subjective and perhaps some might be real but it leaves so much open space for anyone who might now have a serious condition to be misdiagnosed and end up with a real condition due to the medication itself!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Psyhiatric disorders do excsist.

When I was a kid I had problems. The school system spent years trying to figure me out. At one point doctors wanted to put me on medication but my mom refused.

It wasn't until the age of 20 that I ended up diagnosed as paranoid schizoeffective which is schizophrenia and bipolar. By this time I was gone I was in a complete psychosis. One doctor told my mom to put me in a home that I'll never be the same. My prognoses was very poor. I was having severe hallucinations and delusions. I spent 2 months in the hospital. At one point I didn't eat for 2 weeks because I was paranoid people were poisening my food.

I've taken just about every kind of medication you can think of. I've taken prozac, paxil, lexapro, zoloft, ativan, xanax, klonapin, risperdol, symbiax, thorzine, haldol, zyprexa and probobly a few others I can't think of.

Right now I'm only on 1 med and thats zyprexa. I've been taking it for 17 years. Slowly over time I've gotten better I haven't had delusions or hallucinations in over 10 years. Zyprexa does work and it's given me a quality of life me or my family never thought possible.

Mental disorders are real and a lot of poeple do have them. Should everyone take mind altering medication? No but when a mental disorder effects your ability to live a normal life sometimes meds can be helpful.

There are a lot of wacko doctors out there that love nothing more then having poeple come to them on a regular basis for drugs. I've come across a few of them. For every 5 wackos there 1 good doctor.

In this country It's very difficult to find the correct mental help. If someone needs help they need to call a hospital for a referal. The phone book is the worse place to look. Any ahole can take out a half page ad.

Sorry for misspellings I've been up for a while and don't feel like correcting my grammar.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join