It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(RCWC) Region 7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
RCWC

"Let me start by explaining what happened when we found the portal."

"Little lady you start any way you chose, just get to the point where you killed the sherriff of Kalamut County."

"We pulled our barge boat up from the Louisianan Bayou in the upper mid west region 7 to take homestead rights along Winnebago salt flats beach. It took us 3 months to to make our way across the barren wastelands of the western side of region 7 as you can imagine the dangers and challenges we met."

"How did you manage to cross the great Missouri ocean in just a small barger with all of the alien camps set up along the way? Excuse me I meant to say 'New worlders'"?

" To be honest, they allowed passage in trade for..."

"Trade for what darling, spit it out."

"Well, in trade for our... our compliance in their biological necessities."

"Damn it! You mean to say you traded your bodily fluids? Your eggs and your sons sperm?"

"yes, there was no other way."

"You realize that what you did was contribute to the 'Marshers' the mutant water species we have to round up and kill?" You realize some have even found that they taste enough like sea bass that they not only kill them but also hunt them as a source of food?"

"Yes, we knew, we also knew that it was the only way to make it to what we had heard was a homestead, a safe zone."

(Lets out a long slow whistle) "I have to hand it to you lady, you are stone cold, to allow your own genetics to become either a hunted monster or worse food. Were you aware that many of the hunters don't just kill them straight away but use them in some of the most foul ways a human can treat another living being?"

"Well, not at first, by the time we discovered the truth behind everything we were halfway up the seaboard and had no other choice but to comply."

"I would like to hear more about your adventure north and how you discovered the portal, but first I want you to give details of why you killed the Sheriff in cold blood."

"As we exited the 7th regional portal, the sunlight was almost unbearable and as we squinted in the blinding early morning sun, having been captured by the underworlders and left chained to the cave walls, there was a sort of temporal distortion and instead of seeing your Sheriff, he instead appeared to us as a cross between Marsher and Underworlder."

"How on earth could you have ever mistaken our Sheriff for a cross breed freak?!"

"Like I said it was a temporal anomaly, something made us see him differently, and it was shortly after I shot him that my vision returned to normal and I could see him as he truly was."

"This was when our men came up over the ridge and spotted you and your family next to the portal, standing over the Sheriff."

"That is right. You do believe me right?"

"What I believe and what the counsel of 12 decide are two different matters."

"Can I see my children now, please?"

"That will not be possible, they have already been submitted before the counsel, they are being tried as we speak. Now I suggest you straighten yourself up in the bathroom over there and get ready to walk over to the counsel forum yourself."

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nice job. This is going to be a challenge this month!

SnF

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks Beezer, like I said it was just a quickie to get things moving. I do agree this is going to be a very interesting writers challenge.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hi Antar,

The content of your story is intriguing and your way with words makes your story flow; (1) by expressing clear intent of characters and (2) by reporting as if events in your story are really happening at the time your writing them.

You left me wanting more!

Toni

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Weremom

Wonderful comments, thank you. I do see this story from beginning to end, it would be fun to write the whole thing rather than short. I feel for the Mom and what she had to endure, that to me would be the hardest part of any future less than perfect.

The portals go hand in hand with all of the underground rumblings and sonic booms heard worldwide in this time frame, by 2077 they are no longer used by the Military and Governments because of the catastrophic earthquakes of 2026, but continue to be by the off world species who have used them as time portals.

The portals are dangerous because they can lead to anyplace on this earth or even other planets which would not be habitable for humans in most cases. There are glyphs and one of her sons has an uncanny ability to decipher these glyphs.

An interesting family who will do anything it takes to stay together. Their strengths are honor, loyalty and above all else an immeasurable love for one another.

edit on 10-4-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Great story! SnF.

You prolly should ask tenth for some edit time, and get it to fit the format. I'm letting my first entry lay the way it is, (too short) and starting on another now that I understand the writing format better.

You could really go with the scenario you've set up. I'd be interested to read more......

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I know I am a bad girl...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Weremom

Wonderful comments, thank you. I do see this story from beginning to end, it would be fun to write the whole thing rather than short. I feel for the Mom and what she had to endure, that to me would be the hardest part of any future less than perfect.

You're welcome. I would love to see this story from beginning to end. Yes, especially since her kids have already been arrested without her knowledge. How awkward to shoot someone whom you think is somebody or something else. Wonder if the "Council of 12" have run across a case like this before?

The portals go hand in hand with all of the underground rumblings and sonic booms heard worldwide in this time frame, by 2077 they are no longer used by the Military and Governments because of the catastrophic earthquakes of 2026, but continue to be by the off world species who have used them as time portals.

Genus. In my opinion, the reason for the rumblings and booms being caused by portals is scary surreal. So are you saying that the Military and Governments used the portals as tunnels to go from one place to the other on Earth before earthquakes changed the terrain? And, thereafter, species not located on Earth used the portals to travel in space-time?

The portals are dangerous because they can lead to anyplace on this earth or even other planets which would not be habitable for humans in most cases. There are glyphs and one of her sons has an uncanny ability to decipher these glyphs.

You might want to think star map (if you do decide to keep going with this story) because coordinates would be important to make sure one didn't end up somewhere undesirable. Reading glyphs reminds me of the movie Stargate. Have you seen it? Do you think the Council of 12 will learn about the son that reads glyphs?

An interesting family who will do anything it takes to stay together. Their strengths are honor, loyalty and above all else an immeasurable love for one another.

Yes indeed! Commendable qualities for a family. I would think that many readers dream of having a family like the one that you describe.

More!

edit on 11-4-2013 by Weremom because: redundancy
edit on 11-4-2013 by Weremom because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weremom

You're welcome. I would love to see this story from beginning to end. Yes, especially since her kids have already been arrested without her knowledge. How awkward to shoot someone whom you think is somebody or something else. Wonder if the "Council of 12" have run across a case like this before?

Think Project Blue book

Genus. In my opinion, the reason for the rumblings and booms being caused by portals is scary surreal. So are you saying that the Military and Governments used the portals as tunnels to go from one place to the other on Earth before earthquakes changed the terrain? And, thereafter, species not located on Earth used the portals to travel in space-time?

Yes, they were able to travel any place on earth and after the off worlders came to use them, they had the ability to tweek them so that they could travel from this planet to others, but after the earth quakes they became unstable and could land human/offworlder alike anyplace on earth (dangerous) or off planet (unpredictable).

You might want to think star map (if you do decide to keep going with this story) because coordinates would be important to make sure one didn't end up somewhere undesirable. Reading glyphs reminds me of the movie Stargate. Have you seen it? Do you think the Council of 12 will learn about the son that reads glyphs?

Real physics of alternate understanding. They already have and this plays into what happens to the children at the council of 12 hearing.

Yes indeed! Commendable qualities for a family. I would think that many readers dream of having a family like the one that you describe.

More!

Kind of like a modern day "Lost in Space".

This would be the intro to the trilogy! The characters are solid and yet as vulnerable as anyone living in this kind of future existence...

The Sheriff who is questioning the Mom has fallen for the propaganda that he has been spoon fed since an early age and has a huge lesson in store for him and his 3 children as he begins to question the official story of the Council of 12 during the hearing.

edit on 11-4-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Things aren't always what they seem to be.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Weremom

I almost feel ready for this timeline of earths history because at least the shadows have faded and the illumination holds truth that is without a doubt believable if seeing is believing.

Everyone in this story has lost beyond measure, they all hold close to their hearts the innermost desire to rise above the past and embrace a golden future.

Pain is the flux of change.

People today could never endure life at this level of intensity.

top topics

join