It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asda corned beef recalled over bute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Asda is recalling all corned beef from its budget range after traces of veterinary drug phenylbutazone were found in some batches.

The Food Standards Agency said "very low levels" of the painkilling medicine, known as bute, were detected in the Asda Smart Price Corned Beef.

Customers who have bought the 340g tins, with any date code, have been urged not to eat the corned beef but to return it to the supermarket.

Asda withdrew the product on March 8 after it was found to contain more than 1% horse DNA. Bute was detected in some samples, at the level of four parts per billion (4ppb), when further tests were carried out.

Hi all

It seems that this is not going to end.
Can an ats member explain to us what this does to the food industry's rep, is there money to be made from this?

I would like to add more but will leave as is.

It also goes on to say:

In a statement on the Asda website, the supermarket said it was also recalling tins of Chosen By You corned beef. "The tinned Chosen By You Corned Beef (340g) product, also withdrawn in March, has not tested positive for phenylbutazone," the statement read. However as a precaution it is also being recalled as it is made in the same factory."

news.uk.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Great... I buy this product, got a tin in my larder. I buy it because it is what I can afford.
They are poisoning the people who have to buy this stuff.
My next shop I will take my tin back and play hell with em.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

join