It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK: The Land Of Whispers - An Independent North Korea Travel Documentary (2013)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I recently found this documentary which is by far the best Documentary i have seen on North Korea, it is 100% non commercial meaning there is no Big Media bias or anti Ideology being pushed.

"Land of Whispers" invites you to visit arguably the most unique and isolated travel destination in the world - not to criticize, but to observe and listen. Aside from usual highlights such as Pyongyang or Arirang, this unique one-man documentary brings you to areas such as Chongjin or Wonson, still virtually unknown to even google or wikipedia. There, I attempt to pierce through the ever-present 'national mythology' and as much as possible, I try to connect with people - such as the waitress mesmerized by tablet computers, or a tour guide cautiously fascinated by modern pop culture.

And without further ado: Grab a drink and get comfortable,
Trailer, for those who want to know what im imporing you to spend 50 minutes of your time on.

Please share this video so the fear mongering can stop, its much harder to start a war with an "enemy" that is human, lets spread awareness on the issue.

I do feel i should include this as well,

*** Friends, this project is not commercial, was made with private funds and is available for viewing without ads, for free. I do however want to submit it to festivals/contests and I want to make more films. ***

Hope you guys enjoy this amazing Documentary as much as i did, and i hope it spreads far and wide.

Namaste.
edit on 10/4/13 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/13 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I watched this roughly 10 hours ago

Fantastic documentary, well worth the 50 minutes. I learnt a lot I did not know about the North Korean way of life.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Thanks for that, will have to watch that when I get some more free time later.

In the mean time, here's another great first-hand documentary on North Korea, at least what the tourists see (In three parts)...:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ha I put this up yesterday

North Korea: The Land of Whispers

top topics

join