It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd object in photography

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Here's a new case taken from the MUFON CMS system about a photo that was taken yesterday, in Durham, CA.

Close-up:

Direct link

Here's the testimony as it:

1. I was driving home after dropping off my boyfriend at work. I decided to take a photo of the surrounding landscape while on an on-ramp to the 99-North highway just because I thought it looked nice and there was no traffic around me which helped to form a good opportunity to take a photo.
2. I did not physically see the object when the photo was taken-- I had no idea that I was going to be capturing a photo of a UFO. I only noticed the object after looking over the photos I took when I got home. I noticed the object in the first photo I took but not in any of the others.
3. I initially thought that the object may have been a smudge on the windshield but I was not able to find anything on my windshield that resembled the object shown in the photo.
4. Since I did not actually see the object, I dont know what its actions were. However, the picture shows some sort of shape that Im not exactly sure how to describe. It is colored darkly and is not shiny as far as I can tell.
5. During and after the photo was taken, I felt gleeful and glad to be in the scenario that I was in.
6. I did not ever have sight of the object.

Direct link

Here are the EXIF data:

Seems legit compared to other Samsung SCH-I405 photos (and here) at the same resolution, but not a definite proof that the photo wasn't tampered with, as it's very easy to modify/substitute EXIF data.

Anyway, I find this photo interesting as the object do not seems to be a reflection on the windshield, although there are some reflected objects on it.
Exposure time is very short,: 1/563e.

Forgot to add that there's also this strange artificial-looking vertical white "pole" approx. in the middle of the photo... Reflection?

Thoughts?

edit on 9-4-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm looking at the reflection on the glass that is covering half of the object.

The difference in the lightness and darkness of the object is very different.

I've zoomed in on other reflections to compare the difference but nothing else has this much of a difference.

Does this mean anything?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Windsack or one of those flying scarecrows on a very thin wire came to mind when I saw this. It seems too small and made out of fabric.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by memedoug

I think in this case, the difference in lightness and darkness of that particular area is because the sun is directly reflected from the door on the passenger side. The fact that the reflection goes over the object in question is not necessarily telling anymore as nearly every photo editing software has "overlay" mode, which would allow exactly such a thing... however it looks like there is a physical object outside the window.

Kinda looks like a plastic grocery bag blowing in the wind.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Kinda looks like a plastic grocery bag blowing in the wind.

Kinda?
I think it looks just like one.
Good call.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
looks like something stuck to the glass, you can even see where its stuck leaving an imprint in the muck?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

The pole casts a shadow so it's real . The object may just be a black bag as others of said it would be good to find the location on Google Earth.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

THIS object is a UFO as well............right?

The pole is a mile marker.

edit on 9-4-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

It looks like a Maple seed or similar type of seed, stuck to the windscreen.

Maybe?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Dayum, members have good eyes today.

That is even better than the grocery/trash bag.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Could be a chip in the glass where a rock hit the car. You can see the striations in the chip

I believe the long white thing is a midget alien monolith.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

To me it looks like the sun is behind and to the right of the field of view - at 2 o clock or NE. The shadows cast by the mid-range hills indicate this.

If we look at the shadowing on the windscreen washer nozzle, it's different to that of the object. Where the facing end of the object is in shadow, the equivalent side of the nozzle is in direct sunlight.

Looking at the enlarged MUFON image (on site) confirms that the shadowing of the object is in conflict with the direction of sunlight.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Looking at the enlarged MUFON image (on site) confirms that the shadowing of the object is in conflict with the direction of sunlight.

I suggest that the object in question is the only thing in the image apparently not in focus, including the reflections of the top of the dashboard in the window. How does that even happen?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Curious huh?

I propose the object is a real scoutship and the rest of the image has been faked...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Well, yes but if the object is very small and close to the windshield, its underneath side could be lit by the car hood that reflects sun light, giving then the false impression that the shadows are wrong, don't you think so?

Also, I like Morgil's idea: it could be some sort of seed, like this one:

I would like to compare the possible size of such seeds of the size of the object in the photo, however, in order to do that, I need either the camera sensor size or the 35mm equivalent focal length.
I've searched this information with no luck yet.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The white pole is a vinyl delineator, indicating the edge of the roadway, in the curve of the on-ramp. They just mark the curvature of the road. My first question is, was there a vehicle traveling on front of the photographer? On first glance, the "object" appears to be a piece of gravel, from the road, possibly thrown up from the tire of another vehicle. It is the color of asphalt. After all, the shutter speed is obviously set to fast, since nothing is blurred, as the shot is taken from a moving car.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgil

Originally posted by elevenaugust

It looks like a Maple seed or similar type of seed, stuck to the windscreen.

Maybe?

I think the leaf is spot on

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

This seems fishy to me because the actual picture is of nothing in particular.
Why would anyone take a picture of such a bland skyline?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Blue Shift

Curious huh?

I propose the object is a real scoutship and the rest of the image has been faked...

That is classic! Got a good laugh out of that one.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Looks like the dashboard was reflected and the side view mirror is the dark object at right.
There are other dark objects in the sky or dirt on the windshield.

The pole is probable a marker for any UFO ships as a safe hovering
place for the Illuminati ships. Bill Lyne discovered navigation markers
and saw laser light communications for navigation. The ships can
go so fast they need advanced technology.

new topics

top topics

join