It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Fair Trade Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
World Fair Trade Day is a global celebration of fair trade bringing together thousands committed to building healthy and sustainable communities world-wide. When you choose fair trade products and ingredients, you help improve the lives of farmers, farm-workers, producers and their families.

Join us this May 11 as we celebrate World Fair Trade Day
www.youtube.com...

This is so awesome, I love this! and YOU

Really, This kind of stuff is awesome

I KNOW that we shall have peace, true freedom and abundance for all...it's just a matter of time as Humans wake up

nothing and nobody can stop this as we have already crossed into this timeline

oh and higher powers are assisting

remember?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Fair Trade products are actually a negative for developing countries. Yes it protects the small farmers but big business will generally stay away from these products because they have little input into how they are produced. This means that the economic strength of large companies will avoid developing nations the more they do this, thus hurting their economies, producing less jobs, and increasing the poverty rate of the nation.

Fair Trade products are also more expensive for the consumer.

What developing nations need are influx's of money, and a lot of it, to bring them into the 21st century, mass production of food to offset their malnutrition problems, and global ties to the world that big business brings in. Your less likely to experience invasion, revolutions, civil unrest.....if your community is sponsored by global corporations tied to powerful nations.

I like the idea of fair trade but the negatives actually outweigh the positives for developing nations.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am all for "FAIR" fair trade but what niggles me is the last phrase in your OP :

quote : "oh and higher powers are assisting
"

In that case it won't be fair trade for long unfortunately!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Fair Trade products work well in developed countries in conjuction with larger scale operations. It presents a very nice alternative to corporate products.

It is disasterous for a developing nation to rely on this type of product however, it will ensure they remain in poverty and exploitable in the future.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am all about fair trade....

fairness...

if you can't understand that then you will not enjoy life..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
I am all for "FAIR" fair trade but what niggles me is the last phrase in your OP :

quote : "oh and higher powers are assisting
"

In that case it won't be fair trade for long unfortunately!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I believe in God...

I do, I do, I do...

I believe in YOU, claim your rights, claim yourself...

We are the change

top topics

join