It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok...then let me just register online.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So, I can apply for a loan online, for a house, for 300000 and in 30 seconds I can be told if I qualify or not. OK. So why make us wait for gun sales in any fashion.

It is coming, and there is nothing that we can do about it. So, why not make it easier and remove the paper. Take away the wait.In less than 3 minutes you should know it someone can have a gun or not. You can when someone is flying right. A known name...on a list.

But would this stop someone. A 3 day wait. Look, if i want to kill someone, I can wait a few days. Maybes think it out a bit and get away easier.

Is this an infringement of a right or simply a way to make us more responsible. I am all for gun ownership but responsible ownership.

Taking away the gun is one thing but preventing accidents is something i think I can live with moving forward with gun sales.

I mean even a private sale could be screened. Ask the person their name and if you sold it to them it was your Arse in the fire also.

I have seen some shady gun show deals that when you walked away you knew you would hear about this guy in a news blurb one night. but again...does it prevent it or is it just for peace of mind?

edit on 8-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Give it time you will be able to do Finger print, Pic id, and all the other info at your finger tips. In 30 sec or less you will have your flint lock ready for you , did i mention that is the only weapon you will be able to buy.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I can drive up to McDonalds and ask to purchase a double cheeseburger. With in 30 seconds I receive my burger!

So why must I wait to get my haircut at GreatClips?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The injection mold printers are what i envision...I'll take two of those...six of those...and some of those...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Where are you that you have to wait? They only do NICS here so it's the time it requires for the phone call and a Yes/No. Unless it's a delay and mine always is for something that shouldn't hiccup but never seems to fail. I have to wait 3 business days because of that, normally. My wife? She buys hers within about a minute..maybe 2 added for the time of the phone call and then it's cash & carry out the door.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
So, I can apply for a loan online, for a house, for 300000 and in 30 seconds I can be told if I qualify or not. OK. So why make us wait for gun sales in any fashion.

It is coming, and there is nothing that we can do about it. So, why not make it easier and remove the paper. Take away the wait.In less than 3 minutes you should know it someone can have a gun or not. You can when someone is flying right. A known name...on a list.

But would this stop someone. A 3 day wait. Look, if i want to kill someone, I can wait a few days. Maybes think it out a bit and get away easier.

Is this an infringement of a right or simply a way to make us more responsible. I am all for gun ownership but responsible ownership.

Taking away the gun is one thing but preventing accidents is something i think I can live with moving forward with gun sales.

I mean even a private sale could be screened. Ask the person their name and if you sold it to them it was your Arse in the fire also.

Truth is, most people don't kill people, most will never pull a trigger while pointing a gun at a person. Truth is, most people have at one time or another had the idea of killing a person cross their mind.

Why don't most people point guns and pull triggers? Because they think about it...

Think about it.

Nobody 'needs' a gun with in 24 hours unless they have plans for it. Most people who hunt, already have the guns and plan ahead, normal, even those who shoot for sport. Even those who think the government is someday going to go all Hitler Nazi on them, don't need their weapon with in 24 hours.

Who needs a gun with in 24 hours? Desperate people? Why are they so desperate to obtain a gun? Are they hungry and need to shoot a deer or bird? Are they worried that with-in 24 hours, the government is going to be taken by a tyrant? Is there a shooting competition later that day, and they for some reason don't already have the gun?

meh...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Another way of looking at that would be that most people aren't in THAT big a hurry to kill, either. Someone likely to kill in the heat of the moment as a hot headed berserker likely has a gun or will just knife or axe someone to death if the gun isn't handy in a timely manner.

Most legal people aren't buying their first one either, so again, what's the purpose? Make them wait on the idea a killing won't happen because they want THAT gun and not one of the half dozen back home instead?

I think in a free nation, it should NEVER be the question of why not for regulation or restriction on anything ...but why FOR on how it's more important to have it than not. Killing is already against the biggest law of any civilized society ....waiting periods probably won't make much difference ...and I'd note California as a fine example. They're about as far from crime free as it comes with a mandatory waiting period on everything. Doesn't work well.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
I can drive up to McDonalds and ask to purchase a double cheeseburger. With in 30 seconds I receive my burger!

So why must I wait to get my haircut at GreatClips?

You silly billy, you've just proven you cannot be trusted to have a hair cut, you've admitted to eating macdonalds.

If only you ate burger king.. no problems there.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

An extremely liberal southern state. Rifles. shotguns and handguns all have different laws. If you have a CWP different laws but your average person should not have to jump through hoops and if we are going to have to, make it something as easy as registering that new washing machine you bought.

I believe in responsible gun ownership but not that everyone should have one. Everyone should be able to try to have one but I am sure in the 1700's they did not give Crazy Willie the town crier a weapon more than a blunt wooden stick.

Common Sense would and does go a long way but that will never happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

This is a point I know I don't entirely agree with some of the other big 2nd amendment people at ATS on but I agree with you. I don't think EVERYONE should have a gun either.

I personally feel the restrictions which have existed since the major acts have passed across the 20th century to establish federal laws work just fine. Federal Law is actually very limited and always has been. Feds have no waiting period or any of this other crap. Under just Federal Law, its the NICS check and exclusion list of mentally ill and the rest we all know about.

It's the push to expand the list to cover more and more to the point where everyone with a phobia will end up covered on it by the end that I object so strongly too. It's absurd in that way....

I really DO agree though. The crazy uncle doesn't need to get a shotgun, let alone a .44 magnum or something. The problem? National Registration of private sales utterly destroys the freedom my state and many others have taken as a given and DO NOT have mass shooters running the streets from. The fact other states need serious work for their systems and people? Shouldn't have additional restrictions placed in mine ....where we are very happy with how things are, by and large.

edit on 8-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I pointed it out in another thread. The easy way to restrict is guilt by association. So, if you are 'friends' on a social network does that constitute culpability if they do something wrong or vice/versa. A very slippery slope. The government starts to define and bend laws not enforce what was written but what is interpreted at the time as applicable.

Now, if you want me to register, than I shuold be able to own ANYTHING. You cannot have it both ways. You want to know who I am then know who I am.

The next logical steps for Facebook...Do you have a CWP?

new topics

top topics

join