It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This isn't a recipe for pizza. Pizza is probably one of the most personal dishes you can create. Everyone seems to have their own favorite toppings, types of cheeses, sauces, thickness, etc.

So the art of pizza, to me, comes down to one base factor... a good dough makes a good pizza. Think about it, any joe shmo can toss whatever ingredients on a pizza, they can put on any cheese(s) they desire. Even sauce is an art, but sauces can differ so much as to go from red sauce to ranch to barbecue sauce, even to french dressing (had it at a ski lodge, wasn't a big fan). And although a red sauce can be a fun item to make, most people don't make their own ranch or BBQ sauce (although you should. Homemade ranch is great, but doesn't last too long.)

So over time I search high and low for a good pizza dough recipe. I like new york thin foldable style and chicago style. New york style is much easier to make, and a good recipe for it is easier to come by. Chicago deep dish pizza dough is tough to find, but I found one that I think is absolutely perfect. Here is the link:

imgur.com...

The only thing I change on my pizza is that I only set my oven to 500, 550 is a bit much and hard to reach on most ovens without going into broil mode. And I keep the bake time at 15 minutes. The dough finishes cooking for about 2 minutes after the cast iron skillet is removed from the oven before the pizza is placed on a cooling rack.

This dough is Amazing. Is absolutely perfect, and so easy. All you need is time, the ingredients, and a cast iron skillet. Oh, and an appetite. Here are pictures I took today of a buffalo chicken pizza I made this morning.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Looks amazing!

Ever think about putting a hot dog in the crust?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

I'm from the west coast, so when you said Chicago, I was going to move on, as it is Sunday, and we don't need a pizza-war.

But I looked, and I have to hand it to you, I am eating pizza right now and your pictures make me hungry for pizza. So, for all the west-coasters, I endorse this pizza thread.

Nom!

edit on 7-4-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Looks amazing!

Ever think about putting a hot dog in the crust?

With bacon.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That does look very tasty.I might have to try it out.

Last time we made homemade pizza ,I bought these pre-made crusts and they were pretty good.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Book marked the dough recipe. That's about as simple as it gets for a hand made Pizza Dough. TY!

S&F for you....

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i ate a pizza once. i thought it was quite nice.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Seems easy enough and straight forward to make, will have to give it a try.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing. I will most definitely give it a try. My favorite pizza is a breakfast pizza. I will share the recipe at another time.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

A hot dog in the crust?! That weirdly sounds nice & I want to try it now

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Looks nice, but I can't even eat more then one slice of deep pan pizza, too thick. I think that's why we never order from Domino's here in Europe. I must say - it's cheap but got to be the worst pizza I have ever tried. Even people who works there never eat it.

Talking about pizza makes me hungry.
Must order one with lots of chili and jalapenos - Mexican style!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
hot dog in the crust is epic ... i also put some "american" fries salt on my pizza's too the salt kinda has a barbecue taste to it its class

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My fav pizza recipe is this.

1 piece of flat bread (its lighter and healthier then pizza doh)

Instead of tomato sauce,use cream corn.
Add 1 layer of onions,a layer of steak and a layer of cheese on top.
Toss it in the oven.

Thats my steak pizza recipe.
MMMMM

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Slightly OT but if you ever make it to Venice (Italy, not California) there is a restaurant that lists over 200 different pizzas on their menu. Hmmmm...where does one begin?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

thank god I'm not likely to be coming to yours for "pizza"

I think I can hear papa Giuseppe spinning in his plush Italian valour lined coffin

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Its weird. My friend RG's boss had a cousin. His friend said he received this pizza information via telepathy from a tri-dimensional spirit being monitoring the solar flares for changes in the trans energy level in the 5th quadrant of dimension 6.7.

Seriously you could put this paragraph before the article you posted on pizza in the UFO section and someone would believe it.

Another idea would be to post it in the conspiracy section since the west developed pizza so as to get us ready for the circular saucers that will arrive on the turning of the 3rd realm of the aztec majic whiz wheel

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Pizza kicks ass.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A company (no names so it's not an advertisment) is now making a vegan rice crust pizza with soy cheese that melts when cooked. This is the real thing, vegans!! A feast for sure.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My favorite gluten-free pizza crust:

125 grams each of cornflour, cornstarch, potato starch, and mochiko (sweet rice flour). This ratio works for every gluten-free flour because the flours are weighed, not added by volume. If you can't eat corn, there are variations for that, too.
1 T flax meal in 3 T water (this is an effective egg substitute)
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp active dry yeast
1/4 C olive oil
1/2 C warm water, near 110* to wake up the yeast
About 1/2 C water (the local humidity causes this measurement to vary greatly)

Combine all the dry ingredients.
Activate the yeast, stir, let sit 8 mins.
Add egg substitute to dry ingredients and stir then add yeast. Stir til your arm falls off, knead with your hands if you have forearms like Popeye, or use a mixer. (If dough is too dry, add water 1 T at a time through this process)
Let rise for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 450*
Grab half the dough and roll out between two pieces of parchment paper. Should make about an 8 inch round. Do the same with the other half.
Remove parchment paper, brush olive oil on the tops and put into the oven.
Bake until the edges are browned 8 -10 mins.

Weird ingredients, but you can do it. Not because you have Celiac's, just because a variation in your diet is good for you! (And if you have friends who do have Celiac's - or the far more common "gluten intolerance" diagnosis they might just kiss your feet.)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

That looks so good!!

I like a good deep dish which is hard to find around here. I tend to make a regular hand tossed when I make my pizza and I use either my Italian bread recipe or French bread recipe for the crust.

I will be bookmarking this. I would really like to try this. I have a cast iron and honestly I don't really use it that much. I have slowly been trying new dishes with it. My mom was here recently and showed me how she makes a steak in it and it came out really good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join