It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change the chess pieces; maybe we all would win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ok, this is my first thread here, but I think if they outlaw armies and put the people (that make the decisions to go to war) in a room to duke it out instead, that their would be a heck of a lot less fighting going on.

Sure, you want war, you want money or resources or whatever, you- YOU go in the room. If you only have one hot-headed leader, and no-one else wants to fight, stick him in the room.You know, time out for you. I bet then we would have a lot more diplomacy going on.

What do you think? Even though this idea is highly unlikely. How would you change the playing field? Robots? Video Games? Anyone got any other ideas?

I certainly think the chess pieces need to be changed somehow.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

Your answer is Thunderdome?

I thought that way at one point, too. But it would just get you where we are now... Some stooge is elected to power because he's a tough guy, and the people really messing things up get to do so from gold-laced hammocks.

If we wanted to make a secure world for all, we might consider equal enforcement of international law for all parties. Yes, if Iran is out of line, we can align them... But if Israel is out of line, they get the same treatment. Ditto USA. Everyone gets the stick, until they deserve the carrot... But everyone has the opportunities for the same stick and carrot.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well what do you do when you have millions of your people that want something that requires war?

Send millions of people into the room or fill up a battlefield like we do now?

In WWII both the Germans and those fighting against them wanted their side to reach their goals. Almost to the person so what your saying isn't realistic.

After 9/11 pretty much every person wanted to go to war with terrorists so you would have had the same thing we have now.

Its never just one leader who wants a war you know.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Yes, thunder dome does seem to be a similar concept to this one. I also thought it might bring up a reason to install a new world order, which probably wouldn't be the best way to go either. It does alway seem to be a down side to everything.

At least this might have us thinking though..

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Yes, my thinking may not be too realistic; however, at times the citizens are whipped up by an onslaught of propaganda that is released in favor of the fight. The message may not even be accurate, but it gets people railed up enough to lay their lives down for the cause anyways. Then we are left scratching our heads and asking "How did we get here, anyways?"

Hey, if a bunch of people want to fight, then let the games begin. But I would rather see it happen in a virtual reality arena, where no-one is actually harmed. Except maybe a few egos.

top topics

join