It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China deplores rising tension on Korean peninsula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hello ats.

Wow it looks like China has had enough nonsense from Kim Jong-un.

source link

A ministry statement late on Saturday quoting Foreign Minister Wang Yi, said Beijing would "not allow troublemaking on China's doorstep".

Chinese President Xi Jinping, addressing a forum on Sunday, appeared to refer further to boosted tensions when he said no country "should be allowed to throw a region and even the whole world into chaos for selfish gain".

We'll just have to wait but I have a feeling NK is going to behave a little better....at least for now.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
As if this wasn't going to happen.

NK will do nothing, they are posturing gits, with two superpowers and one country supported by a superpower completely surrounding them.

People need to 'think' before they panic on this site.... but then ATS is what reveals the state of the modern human doesn't it.

edit on 7-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
People need to 'think' before they panic on this site...

“Hysteria is impossible without an audience. Panicking by yourself is the same as laughing alone in an empty room. You feel really silly.”

― Chuck Palahniuk

On Topic: Hopefully this encourages less rhetoric, and in turn, less North Korea posts on ATS!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

The thing we don't know is who this remark is aimed at. Could very well be aimed at the US or SK.

P

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I don't know what story everyone else seems to be reading but all I'm getting from that is China telling Kim to avoid getting anyone in their Embassy killed because they won't be pulling their people out. The article at the bottom also suggests the Kaesong complex was never closed...yet? Yeah.. what precisely DO they call it when people already outside it couldn't get in and those IN, couldn't leave but by piecemeal over days now?

I'd love to see encouraging news but I sure don't see it here?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

The thing we don't know is who this remark is aimed at. Could very well be aimed at the US or SK.

P

I don't quite understand......did you read the article?

You could be right but I think they were talking to 'junior'.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

S&F to you for making a thread on what could become a game changer, "Un used nuke, China tells rest, use words or else!" or "Seoul left in ruin China says not to act, urges words of peace instead" in this case how would we react?
WW3 with nukes flying or would we say so sorry China, DPRK Un must be nuked so we do it and then get nuked by China, or would we listen to China and try to reason with Un not to go further?

Will we even get to that point? China just might come and say to Un DPRK back down or face us.

China does have a force ready in the North , no they are not massed at the border. how will this turn out ? as with all, so far, time will tell.
Not BOB time yet, and when it is, you will not know til after the fact.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't know what story everyone else seems to be reading but all I'm getting from that is China telling Kim to avoid getting anyone in their Embassy killed because they won't be pulling their people out. The article at the bottom also suggests the Kaesong complex was never closed...yet? Yeah.. what precisely DO they call it when people already outside it couldn't get in and those IN, couldn't leave but by piecemeal over days now?

I'd love to see encouraging news but I sure don't see it here?

Really?

Chinese President Xi Jinping, addressing a forum on Sunday, appeared to refer further to boosted tensions when he said no country "should be allowed to throw a region and even the whole world into chaos for selfish gain".

I think the part about "selfish gain" would be a reference to NK. Who else would it be?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

China just might come and say to Un DPRK back down or face us.

That's what I was getting from the message. China sure as hell doesn't want another Korean war.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

I think the part about "selfish gain" would be a reference to NK. Who else would it be?

Well, I'm hoping it is about North Korea, but I'm not 100% sure and that's part of the whole problem here. The Chinese are being about as clear as a fortune cookie. They DO have mutual aid and support agreements with North Korea and have yet to address how they view those for their obligations to fulfill their commitments ..if they feel any.

They are moving forces to the border region ..but I'm still not sure if they are there to put Kim in check or us.

However. one set of comments from a sole politician to an audience there for a political speech doesn't change much of anything, either way.

When Kim or his regime announces a change of course...I'll feel better. If some of what has left the US in the last few days ..returns? I'll outright relax a bit. Still heading the wrong direction for all that though.

edit on 7-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They are moving forces to the border region ..but I'm still not sure if they are there to put Kim in check or us.

I think it could be a little of both, just flexing. Plus I think they are securing the border from a flood of NK refugees in a worse case scenario.

When Kim or his regime announces a change of course...I'll feel better. If some of what has left the US in the last few days ..returns? I'll outright relax a bit.

You, me, and a lot of other people bud.
All we can do is hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Indeed... I think the vast majority of us here are rooting for the same thing. An anti-climax of an ending with very little excitement for anyone. It's one time I don't think I'll feel bad about wasted fuel and disruption if that's all it comes to.

I just watched all three parts if the Vice guide to NK....which was a guy who got inside and shot a whole lot of film while there. It's so surreal. Potemkin VIllage mixed with a 1950's B movie all in a Dr. Seuss kinda of unreality.

It's just something to blow the mind. I've read many reports of all kinds in the last couple weeks on the DPRK but SEEING it that way? I'm just depressed. They are.... sad. Not one BIT their fault either. It's what makes it sad.

Vice Guide

I put the Youtube up in another thread but it's just struck me so hard ..and from the reports I thought I understood. I don't know HOW the world works with so many millions in that place, when their whole world ends to a new start they can't even fathom.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you for the link I'll have to watch it in the morning, it's late and I'm sleepy.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I hope our government is smart enough to not trust China.

China along with Russia are the reason we have this problem now.

It's the same as Syria they prop up and support the dictators just to cause the world trouble.

This whole thing could spin out of control and destroy the human race and the world.

top topics

join