It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. delays missile test to avoid stoking North Korea tensions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Hi Bob, ATS Readers, Writers,

Sure hope you are correct, and hoping that N Korea is thinking along the lines you are.

The question is: WILL THEY?

Even if N Korea backs down, HOW in the heck is the world going to deal with them? Especially now, and the things that have taken place the last year or so?

I don't think Korea will ever return to the old status quo, not now.

Where it goes from here is anybody's guess too I think.

Just wish the USA had someone besides Herman Munster for Sec Of State..

It will go to where the REAL secret world rulers WANT it to go , and no where else.

Got any scoop on the Bilderbergers wishes, the CFR, the TLC??

In those slimy organizations is where you "might" find the answers the world seeks to know.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Nope.

Not apparently to this article.

So much for chillin a bit eh Bob

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
good. let him think he's won something so he'll pipe down. carrying out a missile test on schedule isn't worth countless deaths by any stretch of the imagination.

no one with a modicum of sense would make that trade. he has a napoleon complex, maybe now he's "shown" everyone that he can make the west back down he'll chill a bit.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

let me preface this by saying that i'm not ignorant of north korea's history of threats. much sabre rattling and blustering, then they beg for food and supplies.

i'm looking at things in terms of reducing the amount of lives ended. we have tons of missiles and hi-tech toys that have already been tested, this current test wouldn't change much in terms of the scope of our military capabilities. delaying the test has a chance of preventing north korea from launching attacks against others by making them feel like they've won something. there is no real cost to our side by delaying the test, so why not try it first?

if north korea attempts to do something, then i would support a more heavy handed action (and obviously a line must be drawn somewhere), but remember this: most in north korea are brainwashed. i would hate to kill the populace when they've just been fed lies their whole lives.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I know what you are saying,and yes, it is good to back off a already bad situation when there is nothing to gain from testing an already tested rocket.

But Bob, they are moving rockets to launching pads, they maybe getting ready to test ANOTHER nuke.

Do we just let them run a mock and do as they please, then wake up one day and realize we just got bombed or worse, nuked.

Do we let them place rockets in launchers, then fuel em up, do we let them test nukes till they have some that will fit in a rocket, then when they are a nuke in a rocket, do we turn a blind eye cause they have not launched?

I am starting to wonder what the end game is going to be with these kooks.

When a fox gets into the barn yard here and starts looking at the hen house, I shoot it. I don't let it run around threatening the chickens.

How long before the fox has eaten some chickens?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

I'd be more concerned about my safety if I felt like anything I wrote was actually going to have any effect. I am, after all, just one person v. a machine of 100's of news channels and media outlets. That means, they win. And ironically enough, my opinions have been formed by having had a grandfather who was a NAF Chief of Staff and recipient of 3 Legion of Merits. They made him and he made me. Early on in his military career, he was in Strategic Air Command and part of the 509th Composite Bomb Group so his experiences, observations, and wisdom definitely had a point.

They can go stuff it if they don't like it. Most likely though, I'm not worth their time.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pravdaseeker
The North Koreans have wanted a peace treaty for a long time. BUT, of course they wanted one which favoured them to the hilt. They wanted ONE country but TWO systems. The south part being capitalistic and democratic type atmosphere, with the north still Communist run.

The USA has always refused to accept this; and rightly so in my opinion. It is pretty obvious what the Communist Koreans were going to do after they achieved that two sided peace treaty. Get the foreign troops to leave, and then infiltrate and take over by force if need be, the South Koreans. Kind of like Viet Nam just in a real crappy cold place.

The 1955 world scenario had managed to establish TWO HUGE future rivals that the elite wished to use for the FINAL END GAME manoeuvres. (This is where we are at now, in the very sick games the elite play) Patton would have eliminated one, and McArthur the other one. NOPE, that wasn't PART OF THE PLAN! And they both needed removed from doing what the two generals perhaps SHOULD have done, to AVOID the stinking mess we have now world wide from a military viewpoint.

Let's not rewrite history, or throw in 'things that go boo in the dark' shadowy figures to mess up the truth and realities of what happened in N.Korea.

N.Korea's top dog - grandpop kim - was the power lusting fool who rushed into a largely pacifist buddhist and christian south. He overrun Seoul within weeks and push them to the eastern corner and tip of the peninsula, with the intention to drive them into the sea, those who resist him.

To grandpop Kim, there is no such thing as one country two system. It is either 'my way or the highway ( to death)'.

Fortunately for the S.Koreans, America stood firm and even got the rest of the world through UN to stand up to grandpop Kim, and pushed him and his slavers all the way north to the Yalu river, border of China.

The devil Mao, refused to honor UN committments, and chosed to support CONQUEROR grandpop Kim. His troops pushed back a poorly and often unsupplied American and UN troops, who had to withdraw back 35km south of Seoul.

It was only when Eisenhower was elected that UN managed to hammer the Chinese troops back to Pyongyang and could have gone all the way into a nuke powerless China then if America wanted to do. But did not, as human compassion for all got in the way.

Was it a right move to stop, or a bad one not to go all the way, as Ceasar Reborn-MacArther had pushed for, to free the Chinese People as he had done for Phillipines, Japan and asia?

Only time will tell, and today, after millions had been starved and slaughtered by Mao, its people enslaved for decades, China now a nuke power and lusting after the riches of the South China Sea, which will destroy all peace that asia had enjoyed for decades. (The only hope is that there are more awakened voices in China for truths and realities, and may the succeed.)

Worse, a dynasty of despots and despotic powerful courtiers still exists in N.Korea, with the intention to wage nuclear war on the world and provoke a potential nuclear arms race by its neighbours which will only lead to nuke proliferation. Live by the nuke - then be prepared to die by the nuke. That's no way to live, more so when power is seized and insane leaders rule.

What has happened, can no longer be changed, but we can still alter the future, if we have the courage to face up to realities, and not live in deluded fantasizes of unsubstantiated 'shadow rulers' manipulating the chess board. Those who hide in the shadows, have no control over events, more so in an educated and connected world such as this generation, where truth stands in the light fearlessly.

Truth and realities are already more than a handful to deal with, best not to confuse it with alleged and unsubstantiated delusions, history rewritten and fantasies.

edit on 8-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

HelloSOT101, ATS Readers, Writers,

My first 2 paragraphs quoted in your reply are NOT rewriting history. Those are fact. NK has desired a peace treaty since the ceasefire, but one that the terms of that peace treaty were unacceptable, and rightly so. Since the end of the Korean War, when they did sit down at the talking tables, this 2 system, 1 country deal IS what N Korea was/has been seeking.

Korea was divided literally days after WW2 ended at the 38th Parallel by American Administrators. One of these administrators was Colonel DEAN RUSK ..(name sound familiar? Think NIXON)

The southern part was occupied by American forces. The northern half was occupied by SOVIET RUSSIAN forces. (Which happened to be the southernmost advance of the SOVIET INVASION OF MANCHURIA which took place in 1945.)

By 1948 there was trouble brewing on the Korean Peninsula due to NO ELECTIONS being held. Due to the 38th Parallel division, it should be no surprise that a Communist government was allowed to be formed in the NORTH, and a right wing "democracy" in the SOUTH . (Cold WAR fully established at this time frame with Russia and USA).

Things got really crappy in both Koreas right after the war, their "world" was being decided for them by USA and Russia. In December 1945, Korea was administered by a United States–Soviet Union Joint Commission which was agreed to at the Moscow Convention. Koreans revolted all over Korea by the spring, early summer of 1948.

The original "deal" at the Moscow Convention was decided the country would become independent after a five-year trusteeship action facilitated by each regime sharing its sponsor's ideology.

BUT, the newly formed United Nations laid a DEADLINE of 3-31-1948 for an election in Korea. The USA backed SOUTH threw out the Moscow Convention Agreement of 5 yr trustee-ship, and worked towards an election that finally took place the 10th of May, 1948.

Russia of course protested this decision, and boycotted it all. North Korea held parliamentary elections three months later on 25 August 1948. Grampa Kim was the Russians boy, and propped him up in charge.

In the interim between the deadline and the actual election mayhem reigned supreme amongst the populace, riots, uprisings, you name it. And in one place called Jeju, between 14,000 and 60,000 citizens were killed by SOUTH KOREAN ARMY SOLDIERS. This is one of the main incidents that the NORTH used as "fuel for its fire" and wanting and seeking its way to do things in Korea.. It ALL sucked big time, but REAL history usually does suck big time.

America got involved militarily (war) in Korea by Trumans concerns over JAPAN, which was our protectorate. An unstable, Communist Korea, who would be wanting some payback on Japans occupation of, and atrocities in Korea from 1910 til 1945 could easily have caused a war in Europe to start AGAIN as well, due to Russia being so heavily involved in the Korean mess. Korea was a soup sandwich basically.

The ongoing KIM dynasties were NEVER seized! They were set up by the Russians! What they did with that set up, follows what MOST psychopathic regimes do..but they didn't seize power at all. They were propped up and set up. BY RUSSIA

The ONLY people who live in deluded fantasies are those that do NOT believe that a shadow government exists.

Several presidents complained about the "shadow government". Woodrow Wilson woefully lamented his being lured into its clutches with the Federal Reserve Act, in his memoirs'. Eisenhower warned about a type of shadow government with his exit speech on the Military Industrial Complex. Abraham Lincoln even complained of another type of shadow government with this quote of his:

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe...corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few, and the Republic is destroyed."

If THE ABOVE Lincoln quote doesn't describe what has happened in America, I'll eat your hat! To state that those in hiding have no influence is at best delusional, and outright denial of history and facts.

To infer that my post is CONFUSED with :

unsubstantiated delusions, history rewritten and fantasies.

Well that is pure hokum Truthseeker.

Try cracking open a FEW history books, and memoirs!

Pravda

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Hello WhiteAlice, ATS readers, Writers,

I'd be more concerned about my safety if I felt like anything I wrote was actually going to have any effect. I am, after all, just one person v. a machine of 100's of news channels and media outlets. That means, they win.

My wording of

OH my! BE CAREFUL ALICE!! Don't you know you get in trouble if you speak THE TRUTH! LOL

Was meant in a tongue in cheek manner; although our world, especially the USA is becoming more Orwellian day by day.

You are quite correct on the 100's of media outlets, etc.; who are nothing more than bought and paid for "soiled doves".

I also come from a lineage of "lifer" military types. Good, honest folks, who TRULY defended the Constitution, and the REPUBLIC. ( A word NEVER used in the media anymore by the way)

I don't know if you have noticed it or not, BUT:

REAL generals and truly patriotic officer types have been systematically purged, run out, set up for some sort of disgrace, etc; for some time now. Those who run the military NOW are highly populated with YES MEN/WOMEN, and politicians wearing a uniform.

I don't know how deep your conversations with your grandfather got, but if they got deep enough you already know that ONCE you get so high up in the military it becomes quite a crappy job at times dealing with budget procurements, political policies that go against sound military logic, etc, etc, etc.

I would have loved to have met him, or at least been a fly on the wall when you had your conversations with him!

By ANY CHANCE, did he write any memoirs, or some such??? I ask because people whose honest intentions were to do the proper thing sometimes write memoirs, and what they went through, and offer valuable insight to interpreting history that SECULAR history classes try to engrain in the little sheep as they get indoctrinated ... err umm, I mean EDUCATED..

I can ASSURE you "they" don't like it. It is when your words get too much notice, or BEGIN to influence what the evil ones intend to do in a negative way, that you can "get in trouble". Or have trouble created for you. It has happened to many people, some of them were referred to as whistleblowers for example.

My father was a lifer in the Navy, as was my uncle. My grandfather was at Pearl Harbor when that attack took place.

My father was as dedicated to the USA as anyone could imagine. We had many disagreements over USA policy in his latter years. He tended to be well, very military..lol.. about it all. Undying loyalty and service regardless of right or wrong by the leaders who put troops in harms way.

I was in the military too for a while, got out, because my experience was one where I saw silly politics, and war mongering going on for the huge profits of a few members of the Carlyle Group for one example.

I am/was just as dedicated to the Constitution and Republic as my father, and family were... but refused to follow the leader when the country lost its moral compass, and righteous rudder. General Smedley Butlers book and his bone to pick with the higher ups pretty much explains my disagreements with my father and family.

It is my opinion things went to hell in a handbasket when "they" killed JFK. It started slow at first, then sped up like a snowball rolling downhill.

Hypocrisy is the name of the game, but never mentioned.

It is/was all this BS that I HAD to leave the USA. I wish the people no harm or evil thing. I just wish they could/would remove the traitors and imposters in a peaceful manner somehow. RESET the nation.

But I gave up, getting too old. So I left. It isn't my country any more. My heart belongs to another nation now.

One that I would fight for and die for if it came to that, even IF I am a old fart!

At least Australia isn't playing the Hegelian Dialectic on its people like the USA is for political gain. Oz even has commercials on TV trying to get the nation to bind together, put OZ first REGARDLESS of ethnic or racial, or cultural, or religeous background! BE AUSTRALIAN FIRST!!! Then maybe think on how the previous mentioned things can make OZ great, and not use them to divide and create hate, etc. THINK of OZ FIRST when it comes time to vote for your leaders, etc. What is BEST for Oz, not you, or your ethnic or religious background and those like YOU. Australia is a huge mix of immigrants from everywhere, like the USA, but the general psyche of everyone is far different than what I grew up with. And I am LOVING my new country, and ALL its people.

Now THAT is a national policy I can get behind and fight for!

The psychopaths in charge of the world have terrible things in store for us all. I pray that somehow what is right and just prevails when all the dust settles. And that Australia may hopefully be spared some of the pure hell coming to the world.

Pravdaseeker

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join