It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question - why does god want people to kill?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
Is there anyone here who can explain to me why a good, loving, caring god would ask or want a follower to kill another person because that person has different beliefs?

Which god would ask that?

Why then are so many murders committed in the name of a GOD? Not every war but many have begun under the guise of a religion.

Under the guise of religion, yes, but not due to religion. Religion was simply used for the political motives of the people, and taken out of context etc. to fit their needs. Likely the god they were using never wanted war, the people just used the religion to drive whatever they wanted. Its like saying knives kill.

So then in theory if the person kills another in the name of god then he / she is going to hell?

Of course, at least in the Christian version of events. Pretty sure thats going against two commandments.

EDIT: well in the Christian version you wouldn't necessarily go to hell, you can always be forgiven, but you would be going against commandments, and would have to answe for your crimes.
edit on 6-4-2013 by salainen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

This answer is not my answer, it is as outlined in the Bible. People will ONLY go to hell if they don't accept Jesus as their Saviour. Jesus came to earth to stand in our place. It is the only way to be forgiven for our sins. And so if someone murders another and has Jesus as their savior then their sin is forgiven. People will argue this and say this allows us to murder others and then be forgiven. Those who murder have either done so in error or to protect themselves/others OR they are not fully functioning mentally.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The first thing you must understand is that religion is man made. God did not make religion, nor does God require the subservience to religion. There are many theories as to why religion was first created. My opinion is that religion was created as a way of understanding the unknown or incomprehensible, and then religion was morphed into a mechanism of control, in order for the ruling elite to control the masses. The creator God, the God who is transcendent of the fallible, man made religions of the world does not want men to kill other men, especially in his name. God is the very definition of love and love is the antithesis of murder and other acts of evil. Societies around the globe have turned away from God and as a result evil manifests in the absence of God. The Earth is Satan's realm, because God cast Satan down to Earth, therefore anything bad that happens upon this Earth is the work of Satan, not because God allowed it to happen. The only place God exists in this world is in the hearts of the true believers in the form of the Holy Spirit, and anyone who would murder another for any reason, especially in the name of God, is not a true believer.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That is where I'm confused. I'm under the impression it's okay to kill a Christian if you're a Muslim.

I recently watched Q&A (a show here in Australia), which had people of different faiths being interviewed by the audience. This included a Jewish atheist, a gay atheist, a cathlic archbishop, a Buddhist nun, and an Islamic Imam. The Islamic Imam seemed like a very good person.

That question was unfortinately not asked, there was discussion about Jihad, which does not mean holy war. So in my opinion its highly likely that it is definately not ok for a Muslim to kill a Christian. As a matter of fact, the Imam said that Christians would be going to heaven with Muslims, so really they don't hate Christians at all. You and I don't seem to know much at all about the faith.

Link: www.abc.net.au...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
How pathetic. It's like not reading Shakespeare and then asking ATS whats in one of his plays?

Sorry dude. But if you don't read you're not worth a reply. It's a silly silly question. Go ask a child, they have more idea. Laziness is your friend. Just accept ignorance and live on.

Thanks for taking the time to reply but why are you so angry?

Have you never asked a question or asked another for their interpretation of an idea? I haven't read the bible, have you? If you have I must again ask why are you so angry?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So either god did tell him to kill the person or god is an excuse to kill.

God can be an excuse to kill. Anything can be an excuse to kill. Politics, sports, etc.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

edit on 6-4-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Thanks for trying and please believe me when I say I'm not trying to be difficult I just want to understand.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The devil is out there trying to mimic and twist and destroy all that God has created. The devil does not want anyone to be with God. The devil influences people, ie: temptation, etc. We as humans are weak and if our foundation isn't on God through Jesus then the devil will corrupt our thoughts and destroy us. People kill. God doesn't. The devil will influence people to make bad choices, to cause harm to others, to kill. The devil does not make us do bad. But we ALLOW the devil to influence us which leads to things such as murder.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
My opinion is that religion was created as a way of understanding the unknown or incomprehensible, and then religion was morphed into a mechanism of control, in order for the ruling elite to control the masses.

I mostly agree with your post, but really, creating religion to understand the unknown would be pretty silly, considering religion brings about so many more questions than it has answers to (and it hardly really answers anything). It was used as a mechanism of control though, although not sure if it was like that everywhere, certainly the Islamic, and Christian religions were, but what about those smaller beliefs, like what the Indigineous Australians etc. believe.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
He don't exist, his people make an preached image of what they believe is God. and then as they look in to the image they constructed of god they see him staring back at them, when really it is themselves, and claim it is the eyes of god when infact it is there own ego staring back at them dictating to them what "God" really wants.
edit on 6-4-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by salainen

Is there anyone here who can explain to me why a good, loving, caring god would ask or want a follower to kill another person because that person has different beliefs?

Which god would ask that?

In the middle east a lot of murders are committed in the name of a god.

In Ireland many murders were committed in the name of the same god.

(just an example.)

edit on 6-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
How can satan and his kind be defeated without killing?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
How can satan and his kind be defeated without killing?

Who are you going to kill to defeat satan?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Am I missing something here?
Forget about religious beliefs,think about your fellow human being,your neighbor.
Think about your family.
God has nothing to do with it,it is all about someone telling someone else what is right and what is wrong.
Plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by salainen

I don't know how to kill a fallen angel or how one would find one but as i stated in the thread already i choose peace and would only kill to save from immediate death.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Well there it is. You have asked a question that even if answered correctly,
you still do not understand.

Is it not self evident this subject of interpretation?

Research: Interpretation, Subjective Concepts,Self Evidence, and Awareness.

Then Take Two, and call me in the morning.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I have never read the bible, too boring, but I have limited knowledge of its contents.
Never in my life have I held or even seen a Koran so I know less about the Muslim religion than of the Christian religion.

You say you have never read a Bible or a Koran, and that your knowledge is limited...
Yet you seem to just "know" that God wants people to kill.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

I have never read the bible, too boring, but I have limited knowledge of its contents.
Never in my life have I held or even seen a Koran so I know less about the Muslim religion than of the Christian religion.

You say you have never read a Bible or a Koran, and that your knowledge is limited...
Yet you seem to just "know" that God wants people to kill.

I'm just going by what the jihadists are doing. jihad - definition

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm just going by what the jihadists are doing. jihad - definition

Then obviously the jihadists believe that God wants them to kill.

Yet for some reason... YOU, as someone who has not read any scripture believe that God wants people to kill.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join