It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Illness In Anchorage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

Just saw this....source...pretty scary stuff.

State and city health officials are investigating the outbreak of a mystery illness in at least two Anchorage high schools that caused dozens of students to call in sick or be sent home this week with symptoms of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Friday alone, school nurses across the district sent home as many as 80 students with roughly the same symptoms, from what Nancy Edtl, the Anchorage School District's head nurse, described as a "noro-like virus." Most of those affected have recovered in 12 to 48 hours, according to state health officials.

Might not be anything but maybe it's NK.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It'd be scary if they were dying. However, it's a short lived stomach bug that lasts between 12-48 hours. Had something similar pass through my area that sickened both of my kids for roughly 24 hours and each got sick a few days apart so it wasn't food poisoning. Short lived tummy bug though it did hit my normally flu impervious eldest child. That was the only notable thing about it--he actually threw up and hadn't thrown up in 10 years...lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yeah prob. nothing.

I can't remember the last time I was sick. (knock on wood.)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Well, if it's the same thing, I hope you don't get it either. Skipped me but it was definitely weird to see the same kid who withstood a carload of people infected with H1N1 fall to a 24 hour stomach bug. Think it prefers the stomachs of children, lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It could be from a virus cloud. You know that Korea problem thing? Perhaps it could be related. Is it a part of warfare to give a population the squirts to slow them down from functioning, as long as the illness is temporary and non-lethal? This illness could be fallout of some non-lethal warfare stuff going on.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
It could be from a virus cloud. You know that Korea problem thing? Perhaps it could be related. Is it a part of warfare to give a population the squirts to slow them down from functioning, as long as the illness is temporary and non-lethal? This illness could be fallout of some non-lethal warfare stuff going on.
Or it could be stuff floating in from China. The air quality over China is horrid, but when it gets into the jetstream it becomes everyones problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Same thing happened in the school I work for this year, but no one really bothered to find out what it was. This is an elementary school and kids were throwing up EVERYWHERE. Started out with a high number of kids calling in sick, then suddenly each class fell one by one. So many kids were throwing up they had them sitting in a line down the hallway near the nurse's office with plastic bags to throw up in. So many teachers got sick there weren't enough substitutes to take their place. By the afternoon it had struck the middle and high school as well. They closed the school the following day for cleaning. I never got sick, as I rarely do, and I never found out what it was. Terrible day!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The symptoms also hold true for the first signs of radiation poisoning. I am thinking of Fukashima causing radiation either directly in a cloud or via the food chain.

It is more likely a stomach bug but who knows.

P

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
ha haaaaaaaaaa, i had the privlege of turning 18 early in my senior year(not held back, just born early in the year,and also lived in my own trailer). I was able to write my own sick notes and call in sick whenever i wanted,it was buetiful. I showed up to hang out with my bros and pick up my homework and play soccer, but I was "sick" alot. It started to be an underlying joke between me and the office. I would call and say hi, mrs so and so, and without me even revealing my name she would say, "hi doc, let me guess.......". these kids are just riding the wave and getting a couple days off school. Classic. Come to think about it my whole senior year was a farce. I should not have passed.
edit on 6-4-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

After being a parent of two children who probably had the same bug, I (and my carpet, bedding, washing machine, and a good deal of our clothing) can attest that this flu is quite real and quite disgusting. I hadn't seen that much vomit since I last watched The Exorcist. It's pretty legit.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I take it the vomit was not the glow in the dark kind or didn't you turn the lights off to check?

Just funnin with ya! Sick children are always a handful! I always prefer one sick at a time. Three moaners all at once is a bit much.

P

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I was sorely tempted to check but as the worst round was after my youngest climbed into bed with me at 2:30 a.m...yeah, was a wee bit too tired to check. Though the thought did in fact cross my mind because it sure looked like a scene from The Exorcist when it happened...lol.

Yep, better when it's staggered out indeed. Worse when everybody is sick though because then you know who is going to be taking care of everybody while sick...lol

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Well, it's interesting that you brought up this flu going around. Very nasty and very contageous and NOBODY in the MEDIA has said a thing about it. I had all those symptoms. Everyone that came into contact with each other in our family did. I am almost 55 and the only times I have been THAT SICK was from food poisoning. I think that thing helped finish off my 90 yo FIL. It was terrible and you don't hear a darn thing about it. Figure three days to even begin to want to eat again you are that sick.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I had the noro once. Vomit and diarrhea doesn't describe it. A more apt description is hot plasma jetting from all possible orifices simultaneously. Me and my boss got it at same time. The culprit was a fast food worker at a place we had lunch.

Willing to put money that these kids all were exposed at the same time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
NOROVIRUS!
its a f'n mongrel.

spreads like wildfire, which is good cause you have ample vomit and diarrhea to put out the fire

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
A more apt description is hot plasma jetting from all possible orifices simultaneously.

Yep, that's pretty much the horror that I witnessed with my kids though not from all orifices so very apt indeed. They don't need their mom's help in the bathroom anymore--thank god!!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
NOROVIRUS!
its a f'n mongrel.

spreads like wildfire, which is good cause you have ample vomit and diarrhea to put out the fire

Before retiring last yr, we had Noro sweep through our office and building. EVERYONE was sick and things were rescheduled... there was no one there! Then it hit the police station.. which was an issue. It took just 2 days to wipe out our office.. with vomiting, diarrhea, and feeling like death. 2 of the older employees and the process server were hospitalized for dehydration. Seems that kids and older folks really get hit the worst by that nasty bug... but no one I know escaped the virus.
We joked around afterward that one of the women who had just gotten back from a cruise was our Typhoid Mary that was responsible for damn near shutting the city down.. we called it the Carnival Virus... carnival cruises.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Sounds like Norovirus.....

top topics

join