It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here like Andre Rieu and the Johanne Strauss Orchestra?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Me and the kids have been watching Dutch violinist Andre Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra all week, he's on Sky Arts 2 for the whole two weeks. Fascinating to watch, the whole orchestra is great. The kids liked it too as he tells the story of each piece or classical music, but also has a lot of fun and humour in his show. Very dramatic, quite moving at times. Beautiful to listen to.

His concerts sell out across the world and i'm not surprised. They are great to watch, and the musicians are world class. The sets are amazing, it's like playing in a mobile Palace of Versailles each time. I've always liked classical music, but it's always seemed quite a boring genre of music to me, very serious.

Andre Rieu definitely changes that, much joking during the pieces, but they are like a trip back through the lives of the great composers, so a cool history lesson too. Put it this way, my kids haven't been too well this week, and have spent a lot of time watching the telly wrapped up on the sofa, but this is the only channel they've had on. Wouldn't even change over i asked if they were getting bored.

My kids don't listen to classical music usually, but they've been converted this week.

I'm not sure i'd want to risk playing a $3,000,000 Stradivarius whilst messing about on stage as much as he does though....

He has full concerts on YouTube if you're interested.

CX.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

He plays in his home town of Maastricht every year.
I like his music but i need to be in the mood for it.
I do like telling people he is from my home town

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

My Dad introduced me to Andre Rieu's concerts. We both love him. His concerts are such a joy to watch and his music is so beautiful. It really makes my happy to watch and listen to him and his marvelous orchestra. Andre is really a class act. I think he is loved by all ages of people.

CX

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caroline13456
reply to post by CX

My Dad introduced me to Andre Rieu's concerts. We both love him. His concerts are such a joy to watch and his music is so beautiful. It really makes my happy to watch and listen to him and his marvelous orchestra. Andre is really a class act. I think he is loved by all ages of people.

I think you've described exactly what he seems to try and pass on to people.

Cayote....just been watching the Maastricht concert on telly, looks lovely there.

CX.

join