It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some advice.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thanks Des, I think I may have had the oven a touch high,or the oven is warmer than the posted 350.

Taken 10 mins ago after 3 hours of 350f

I just turned it down to 300F

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Looks lovely and quite Yummy too! Now, I'm hungry for turkey.

To keep your legs and wings from drying out too much, make a foil tent and cover them loosely....

Des

edit on 2-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I was going to go grab another one out of the freezer, but under closer scrutiny it will not fit in the microwave and how do I defrost it?

I promised turkey, but I could run over quick and get a roasted chicken from Sobeys as a backer.

Maybe I better do that, then just make an excuse about the pan or something when quizzed about the original bird.

Whistling

I have an hour or so to make the call on this gal, I will do the taste test, but it all looks and smells 100%.

Its time to clean out the freezer, this is 100% ridiculous.

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway
reply to post by lnfideI

It's not worth it. I'd throw it out.

edit on 2-4-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

That strange color... is strange. being buried, is it a possibility some form of bacteria got in the bag?

Feed a bit to your dog. If he noses it and turns away...

Did it feel slimy to the touch before you started cooking it? That is usually a good sign for meat.

I say eat it. If we don't hear from you we learned something new...

Just kidding, never heard of pinkish purplish turkey before...

Gotta be some kind of sign.

If you must eat it, eat just the tiniest bit and wait a while....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'd toss it, $15 turkey isn't worth all the medical bills for food poisoning.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I will just cut myself a little sliver and nibble it down, and then just sit there as others are wolfing it down. Then I will sit there with a goofy look on my face, waiting for the cramps to start.

On second though,

I am going to eat this thing like bacon and eggs on the hungriest day of my life.

I will let you know how it all works out, or doesn't.

Bon a petit!!!

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by lnfideI

That strange color... is strange. being buried, is it a possibility some form of bacteria got in the bag?

Feed a bit to your dog. If he noses it and turns away...

Did it feel slimy to the touch before you started cooking it? That is usually a good sign for meat.

I say eat it. If we don't hear from you we learned something new...

Just kidding, never heard of pinkish purplish turkey before...

Gotta be some kind of sign.

If you must eat it, eat just the tiniest bit and wait a while....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

You can save this bird, let it overcook a bit. then use it diced and chopped for other recipes. Like turkey soups, sandwiches, salads, casseroles, omelets. Just remember to remove the skin, and meat from the bones, to store, as soon as possible.

Des

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Yeah, I will just cut myself a little sliver and nibble it down, and then just sit there as others are wolfing it down. Then I will sit there with a goofy look on my face, waiting for the cramps to start.

That was too funny. As your attorney, I would advise you not to use others as your taste testers after telling about it on the internet.

But if they freely chow down on purplish turkey, then you should be alright.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
remember they cant have any pudding if they dont eat their meat. lol

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I own a take-out restaurant with many dishes, meat, fish and poultry included. I have owned a lobster restaurant, 2 bars and a take-out in Asia as well. I tell anyone in my kitchen one simple rule:

"When in doubt...Throw it out."

You are in doubt. So....

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We had a power outage some years back and I had to decide what to pitch and what to keep.

I had some small fresh mozzarella balls in brine....and the brine was still cool.
Nothing looked or smelled off...and I tasted ONE.

And got pretty sick....at first thought I was having a heart attack.

When in doubt...TOSS....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just as the potatoes were being placed onto the burner, I fessed up and told my dinner partner about the turkey and its journey to my stove.

You get yourself all suspicious and freaked out and soon we could not eat it. Cooked chicken breasts instead.

Thanks for the fast advice, note to Des, it was covered with the top to the pan all the time in that photo, I think my oven may be a higher temp than what it is saying/set.

I will close with a poem.

I cut it thick and I cut it thin,
There was a hint of a smirk running across my chin.

I whipped some spuds, I wanted pie,
It smelt so good, there was a tear in the dogs eye.

She first said OK,then thought some more,
If the madness continued, she'd head for the door.

To the freezer I jumped, and out I got,
Out popped some chicken, it then met the pot.

A sub in was found and in the end,
I will never pop turkey in the snow again.

edit on 2-4-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
And thus ends the tale of the mysterious meleagris meat, that was no good to eat.

I have to say, either you have very large hands, or that was a tiny turkey.
You're a giant. No disease could harm you.

Haha after all that I don't know if I could have been so concerned as you, I'd have most likely had the good bits and hoped for the best. Mind you some of the things I've eaten should have dissolved a direct passage through me, so I think anything that goes in this mobile carcass ends up destroyed. I can only remember 1 case of food poisoning in my life. A cream bun. Oo

You can eat most meats if you pretty much annihilate it. You make the meat basically devoid of nutrition, but if you're on your bones you make do.

damn, I've had absolutely no appetite the past few days and now I could murder a drumstick.. wahh!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join