It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses offered to help me be a good dad.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Absolutely.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by The_Phantom

They are keeping busy trying to talk to people that they know will laugh at them, mock them, hate them,

See, i find that baffling why any parent would want to put a child through that at such a young age. Different worlds i guess.

CX.

It's not the parent putting them through that, it's the people that they talk to that decide how they will treat them.
There are also good things about it too, like hanging out with your friends all day, that's not to bad. There are good and bad things to many life experiences. When they grow up, they will know how to talk to people about nearly any subject with conviction, and that can help in many areas of life down the road.

Yes I know how to talk to people regarding anything but public speaking or drama classes could have taught me that. My parents absolutely made me and all my siblings go door to door and to the meetings and do copious amounts of personal study with the watchtower society's 'material'. The was no option to miss or skip, punishment would follow. If you were sick and didn't attend the meeting or service no fun for you, the tv cord went with mom to the meeting just to make sure you couldn't enjoy yourself whatsoever.

Being humiliated at school by having to sit out when the national anthem was sung, not being able to participate in any school activities or sports or holiday events was hell, you might as well as a parent pin a please KICK ME sign on your kid's back. So while I love my parents and recognize they are brainwashed good people, I absolutely hate the way I was raised. It would take too long to write all the trauma inflicted due to it yet I managed pretty well and ended up a stable adult. I know many people raised in it with me, who did not fair so well, some of whom are no longer alive because they took their own lives.

I wish I had been given options without punishment or threats. I will never know what it is like to be a kid at xmas, never know what it's like to have a birthday party, or hang out with kids from school, be on a sports team, as I was not allowed any of those things but I did get to see my children do all of these things and I let them choose their path, because I am not my parents.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join