It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Attacks on Banks: Not a Haircut, But Decapitation!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yeah, they've already tested it and it works just fine. The only thing is, the supplying of our information isn't necessary, they just hack directly in and take everybody's money.....which makes people think that it'll be an inside job.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Why would they want people to think it's an inside job? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of making it look like criminals did it?
edit on 2/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Cyber Attacks on Banks: Not a Haircut, But Decapitation!

Bee headed?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

It's getting late and I should have phrased that better. I meant that, based on the way these hackings are done, those who examine this scenario believe that it could be nothing other than an inside job. Most of the population will think it's done by some rogue criminal element.

Sorry for the confusion!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

If by "bee headed", you mean lose your butt financially, then yes.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Even the McAfee report I posted on the last page suggests that some sort of insider knowledge was required to pull it off. But I highly doubt all the banks are just going to open up a back door and let the Government take all our money... the people who are planning to steal it will still need to use criminal hacking methods such as the ones detailed in the McAfee report, that's the only way it'll ever be believed. Just letting them in to take our money wont work.
edit on 2/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Your OP mentioned the RBS group over here in the UK and how Nat West and BoI were shut down completely for 2 weeks last summer.

I wanted to tell you that this is not an isolated incident over here in the UK.
Every single bank, including our post office which is owned by an Irish bank have all had 'shut downs' for about 2 years now on a fairly regular basis.
My friend and I have been keeping an eye on these 'events', as we feel it is only a matter af time...but those concerned probably have a rough date in mind....before we find every single bank will be having a holiday. We never leave more than is required for paying bills in our accounts.

Something else that I found 'coincidental' just 2 weeks ago at the start of the Cyprus fiasco. Every bank in the UK updated 'for maintenance' their computer systems during the first week of that ongoing fiasco. This was done at night when traffic to online banking would be at its quietest, so running less of a risk of being found out and joining the dots so to speak. Probably from a computer point of view, it would make sense to shut the access down at night.Barclays was one of the first to do it. Barclays is one of the 3 or 4 British banks in Cyprus, and also one of the banks that have been heavily fined for the libor scandal. Over in the States, your Chase bank went down to zero balances at the ATM's the second Monday of the Cyprus gig.
I have to ask, why did all the Brit banks need their 'computer maintenance' done during the first 5 days of the Cyprus raid? What have they 'prepped' the system to do? I am utterly computer illiterate...but even I had my suspicion radar triggered with this one.

Rainbows
Jane

PS S&F btw

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Maybe if you'd read my posts property you'd understand why I sound, what you mistakenly see as envious. I dont live in the US where you can still use the excuse that not everyone wants property. Here in Europe its either rent or borrow and buy. We're on ATS i believe, and im not big enough of a fool to join the debt-slaves. So what options do I have left according to you? The excuse of people not wanting property holds no value over here, I WANT PROPERTY, but all of my income goes to living and rent, there is literally nothing left to save, resulting in me having to.borrow the money, as everyone else does, unless they can easily purchase property, which most do

Monopoly should stay a game, but its not anymore. I dont blame you for owning property, im not envious of the #that comes with it either, but if you honestly believe the people paying you rent do so because they dont want property of their own (you know, so they dont lose half their monthly income to some "generous" stranger like yoursef), I really dont know what to say. We pay rent, every goddamn month, and we'll hve to till the day we give in like the other suckers, and become debtslaves.

But no, im totally envious because of the # that comes with.owning property, I feel so sorry for the.fact you have to actually maintain the places that provide your income, others have it so easy you know, daytime job and all that costs zero effort!

The place we rent needs the roof fixed, you think the landlord bothers? Lmfao, "heres a couple numbers, get it fixed and send me the bill", well jolly, thank you good sir for paying for the repairs ON YOUR OWN GODDAMN HOUSE! Sorry, your complaints actually did piss me off and Im not ashamed of it either, some guts complaining about having to wash your dairy cows now and then :@

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

That's very interesting information, thanks for sharing it.

Personally, I do not believe in coincidences. As crazy as it sounds, this is a real threat. If we're all "lucky", this will not happen. However....if it did....we don't have very many options for redress. This is the upsetting part about this whole scenario. We could riot, go nuts, burn down some banks, but the real criminals will have absconded with the loot and will be far away from the scene of the crime. Government and bank complicity would be essential, and that is the cruelest irony.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

That's very interesting information, thanks for sharing it.

Personally, I do not believe in coincidences. As crazy as it sounds, this is a real threat. If we're all "lucky", this will not happen. However....if it did....we don't have very many options for redress. This is the upsetting part about this whole scenario. We could riot, go nuts, burn down some banks, but the real criminals will have absconded with the loot and will be far away from the scene of the crime. Government and bank complicity would be essential, and that is the cruelest irony.

Not a problem..it could be something...it could be nothing...but

I have to ask, why did all the Brit banks need their 'computer maintenance' done during the first 5 days of the Cyprus raid? What have they 'prepped' the system to do? I am utterly computer illiterate...but even I had my suspicion radar triggered with this one.

I still maintain that

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strawberry88
reply to post by Bilk22

Maybe if you'd read my posts property you'd understand why I sound, what you mistakenly see as envious. I dont live in the US where you can still use the excuse that not everyone wants property. Here in Europe its either rent or borrow and buy. We're on ATS i believe, and im not big enough of a fool to join the debt-slaves. So what options do I have left according to you? The excuse of people not wanting property holds no value over here, I WANT PROPERTY, but all of my income goes to living and rent, there is literally nothing left to save, resulting in me having to.borrow the money, as everyone else does, unless they can easily purchase property, which most do

Monopoly should stay a game, but its not anymore. I dont blame you for owning property, im not envious of the #that comes with it either, but if you honestly believe the people paying you rent do so because they dont want property of their own (you know, so they dont lose half their monthly income to some "generous" stranger like yoursef), I really dont know what to say. We pay rent, every goddamn month, and we'll hve to till the day we give in like the other suckers, and become debtslaves.

But no, im totally envious because of the # that comes with.owning property, I feel so sorry for the.fact you have to actually maintain the places that provide your income, others have it so easy you know, daytime job and all that costs zero effort!

The place we rent needs the roof fixed, you think the landlord bothers? Lmfao, "heres a couple numbers, get it fixed and send me the bill", well jolly, thank you good sir for paying for the repairs ON YOUR OWN GODDAMN HOUSE! Sorry, your complaints actually did piss me off and Im not ashamed of it either, some guts complaining about having to wash your dairy cows now and then :@

Calm down and take a breath. Can't have a conversation with someone that's lost their head.

So you want to own but don't want to borrow? Didn't get an inheritance I guess? So how do you propose to own even if the likes of me didn't buy? Oh by the way, the likes of me had to borrow to buy too. Then you pay down the note. That's how it works unless you're already rich. And yes I have tenants that pay me rent and can clearly afford to own. I saw their combined income statement. They make more than I do, both being lawyers. They don't want to own. They want to rent and pay a handsome amount to do so. I wouldn't pay the rent they're paying me. I feel it's foolish to not have that payment as a deduction, but I guess they don't mind. It's more than most mortgages I've ever had. And yes, I'm a good landlord and take care of my property because I have pride in ownership, pride in myself, respect for those paying the rent and, well, in the end it's better to take care of something so if the need to sell ever arrises, I can ask top dollar. Besides, who wants angry tenants calling all hours of the night. Things break and I get them fixed. Too bad you don't have me for a landlord

I see you intimate you can own, but then don't want to have a mortgage or be "debt slaves". Well maybe you'll win the lotto

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Who's to blame, the person or the bank? The bank isn't forcing it's services on you. You CHOOSE to sign on the dotted line. No one put a gun to your head and demanded you to do so. Render to Caesar what's Caesar's.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shhhhhh
Who's to blame, the person or the bank? The bank isn't forcing it's services on you. You CHOOSE to sign on the dotted line. No one put a gun to your head and demanded you to do so. Render to Caesar what's Caesar's.

Seriously? When you go in a bank and let them hold your money for you (for a fee, of course), they are required to give it back to you, ALL OF IT, when you ask for it. Banks are supposed to be the holding company for your money. Try paying bills, mortgages, etc., with out a checking account.

If the bank steals any part of your money, it is theft. This is well understood. The bank isn't Caesar, it's just a business who's gotten too big for its britches and gotten some mighty sticky fingers with people's cash.

You can view the banks as omnipotent Caesars, ruling over us all if you wish, but as for me, I view them as a business that is stealing what doesn't belong to them.

Caesar need to render unto me what is mine, or else things will get ugly in a New York Minute.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Dutch ING Bank Suffers "Technical Glitch", Clients Report Negative Balances

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 04/03/2013 11:42 -0400

UPDATE: Another Dutch bank - Rabobank - is apparently having 'technical' issues now

Following yesterday's discussion of the brink-like nature of the Dutch economy (and banking system), it is perhaps just a coincidence that ING is suffering from a major failure in its Internet Banking. It is unclear how many customers are affected but judging by the scale of responses on Twitter (#ING) it is widespread. Some customers are reporting overdrafts, and incorrect balances; and are reporting cards not working at supermarkets. We are sure this will just bolster confidence in uninsured depositors at the bank - especially since, as Ad.nl reports, no one at ING was reachable for comment.

I couldn't post this sooner as ATS has been 'down'.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes ATS was down with a serious cyber attack yesterday (and some of today, apparently).

Thanks for the link, angel. This is getting creepy; the internet is now a battle ground. I would be freaking out if I tried to buy groceries and my card didn't work, because the clerks probably wouldn't know about the problem and look at me like a deadbeat. This is why I have taken to carrying enough cash in case of issues like this.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
THIS is why we are being herded into a cashless society, it comes down to the diffrence between rich or poor is a few zeros on the atm readout;
when was the last time that you payed for anything with cash
as long as i can remember we have been pushed to direct deposit/ATM/ debt

with 1 push of a button you can wipe out unlimited accts .
now we know why our grandparents didnt trust the banks after the depression

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

I noticed this a few years ago when they were running this commercial, making people who use cash look like idiots who will slow down the wheels of commerce:

Talk about brainwashing!!

EDIT: In this part of Texas there are a lot of people (some here illegally) who use cash, as they don't have bank accounts. But I'm sure in larger cities it's a rarity.
edit on 4-4-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Well now, timely thread at that....
And to think we were just talking about this on Tuesday!

Something wicked this way comes, be it small or large...idk,
but powerful enough to disrupt the flow of information for a whole day
for thousands of loyal members.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I think the attack on ATS yesterday perfectly illustrated the vulnerability of the internet.....so easy to mess with! The fact that our money is only digital until we take possession of the paper money should make everybody nervous.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join