It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone elses diet changed since the horsemeat scandal?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No more Taco Bell.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Nope. My diet didn't change at all; I've eaten horse before. Right now, we're dining on wild chickens. I wouldn't be opposed to eating horse, but I'd hope that the horse in question had lived a good life. I know, I know, that sounds naive......... I have a lifelong fondness for horses. I don't want them to suffer. I don't want them to be taken before their time.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I enjoyed the taste before and it still tastes the same so no big deal.

I spent some time working as a guide and have eaten Kudu intestines. We boiled them, scraped off the villi and fried them in butter and ate with salt and pepper so horse isn't too bad.

I wouldn't have a problem if the shops sold their infected products to us at a cheaper price.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Nah, the whole idea of eating horsemeat doesn't phase me, I'm just annoyed at the public being conned.
Diet wise I cook from scratch anyway, but I do joke with the growing teenager who eats like a horse anyway if I'm making a Mr Ed Spagbol.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I've alway ate rubbish so it doesn't bother me
although I think if I ate a dog I'd be pretty darn upset

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bekkles92

you haven't always ate rubbish missy i used to make good wholesome dinners

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Short and simple answer?

No, I eat exactly the same things I used to eat... including my Burger King at the weekend.

Because if it did have horsemeat in it, then I've been eating it for ages.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
My diet has not changed one single iota.

FACT:
Contrary to the ill thought out doctrines of the veggies, vegans, and those who want to exist by absorbing minerals from the air, dead animal matter contains proteins and nutrients which the human body needs. Those who reckon that they can absorb the correct doses of fats and proteins without eating a corpse or two are fooling themselves. The mineral replacement tablets, iron supplements, and vegetables containing the correct ingredients, are not digested in the same way, and do not result in sufficient uptake to offset the difference.

Therefore, I will continue to eat dead animals, and largely speaking, I couldnt give a fig about how they get to my guts, as long as they get there. I have lived far too close to the raggedy edge to give a damn. My only concern is from a consumer point of veiw. If I spend money on something, clearly labeled as one thing, which contains another thing, then edible or not, someones screwing me, and I will not put up with that. If you want me to eat a horse, then damned well be honest, and call it a horse burger or whatever it happens to be.

In closing, I saw a lady at the pub recently, who had a tattoo which said "Meat is Murder" , scrawled across her collarbone. Being the militant corpse grinder that I am, I strode over and introduced myself in the following fashion:

Me: Hello madam. According to your tattoo, I am a genocidal maniac.
Her: Oh. Well how does it feel to know that?
Me: You know what? It feels SSSOOOOOO good *maniacal grin, strides off*

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I think If we didn't eat cows etc, there wouldn't be many about, so we are doing their species a favor.
Also If they didn't want to be eaten they would have evolved to taste bad.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Appart from anything else, if we do not continue munching burgers and steaks, then eventually all the cow farts (methane)will get too much for our atmosphere to handle, and all of a sudden lighting a cigarette will become a past time which requires a crash helmet, anti trauma armour, and a fireproof jumpsuit!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join