It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense in Colorado Killings Seeks Plea Deal (James Holmes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Defense in Colorado Killings Seeks Plea Deal

www.nytimes.com

CENTENNIAL, Colo. — Defense lawyers for James E. Holmes, who is charged with killing 12 people and wounding dozens more at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater last summer, signaled in court filings on Wednesday that they were willing to have Mr. Holmes plead guilty if he was spared the death penalty.

Tough Legal Issues Converge in Colorado Shooting Case (Au
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-3-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well it appears that the defense has chosen to abandon the interrogation under the truth serum and have opted to spare Holmes of a penalty of death.

It is really a shame because now we will never see any of the evidence that has been long awaited. I wanted to see the videos from inside and outside the theatre. Now there is a chance that the prosecution doesn't go for the plea deal because they want to pursue death. We will know on Monday.

www.nytimes.com

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Plea deal?

Sure.. which arm, left or right?

burn him.. do it before he spreads his hate.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Why did he booby trap his place of residence only to inform the police of it? Why weren't some if not all explosives used in the cinema? Why did he want to be caught alive? Why did he convert to islam in prison, was he inspired by anyone? How could he have been inspired by someone, I'm sure he would have been confined to his own section of the prison as everyone would have been out to kill him?

No agenda whatsoever...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Well it appears that the defense has chosen to abandon the interrogation under the truth serum and have opted to spare Holmes of a penalty of death.

It is really a shame because now we will never see any of the evidence that has been long awaited. I wanted to see the videos from inside and outside the theatre. Now there is a chance that the prosecution doesn't go for the plea deal because they want to pursue death. We will know on Monday.

www.nytimes.com

You sound like you actually expected to see some of the evidence. How could they have allowed a trial and have authentic evidence be presented? I think it's a foregone conclusion that, one way or another, there would never have been a trial....

edit on 3/28/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Innocent until proven guilty.

Some people seem to forget that here in America or they just seem to take the media for face value.

I don't care if someone is caught red handed killing 2,000 people, until they have their day in court they are nothing more than a leading suspect under our judicial system. I am sick and tired of people being prosecuted before they have their trials.

top topics

join